Gun Owners Should Fear the Deep State

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Gun Owners Should Fear the Deep State

Post by bblhd672 »

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

rp_photo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gun Owners Should Fear the Deep State

Post by rp_photo »

Seems like a great way to convince gun owners with mental illness to not seek treatment.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

A good, if not unsettling, read. The surveillance state is well entrenched and we welcomed it in under the guise of security.

I had not heard of the Maryland police misconduct issue before and that alone is alarming. Such a blatant disregard for the 4th Amendment should have been heavily condemned by all.
Psalm 91:2

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

...The incident gained national attention. Mr. Filippidis went on multiple radio programs and described in detail how scared and outraged he and his family were. He wondered: How did the police know he was licensed for concealed carry, and what right did they have to search through his personal items on the side of the busy interstate filled with holiday travelers on that 10-degree day?

“My wife’s hysterical, shaking and crying,” Mr. Filippidis recalled in an interview with The Washington Times. “I don’t have a criminal record. I own a business. I’m a family man, and I tried to explain that to [the officer]. But he had a bad attitude, didn’t want to hear my story. He just wanted to find that gun and take me away from my family. That was his goal, but he couldn’t do it, because I didn’t have a gun, like I told him.”

Mr. Filippidis‘ case earned the support of Second Amendment advocates and subsequent apologies from the MDTA. But an internal police review concluded his stop and search were lawful and did not violate police protocols...
It's pretty clear that in Maryland, individual rights do not exist, not as we would consider them in the free states. If there were not an actual "deep state", IMO, the Federal Government would be actively challenging the West Coast and North East States over their egregious violations of their citizens rights. But, the "Deep State" is very interested in spreading these methods and views throughout the nation, so, no challenges.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence,—it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant, and a fearful master
Thank the Lord above that in the great state of Texas we do not have to fear this type of police behavior!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

crazy2medic wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:29 am Government is not reason, it is not eloquence,—it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant, and a fearful master
Thank the Lord above that in the great state of Texas we do not have to fear this type of police behavior!
Yet...

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

To paraphrase a dead white guy, "Gun owners shouldn't fear the Deep State; The Deep State should fear gun owners."
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

crazy2medic wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:29 am Government is not reason, it is not eloquence,—it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant, and a fearful master
Are you sure? There seems to have been a few incidents of police in Texas acting like the guys in Maryland.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

We had some bad ones in Texas.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”