Dallas County Sheriff's office looking for gun issued to Texas governor candidate Lupe Valdez

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 3

Dallas County Sheriff's office looking for gun issued to Texas governor candidate Lupe Valdez

Post by ELB »

A gun used by Texas Democratic gubernatorial candidate Lupe Valdez when she was Dallas County sheriff has not been returned, Sheriff's Department records show.

Valdez was supplied with the Beretta 9mm pistol in 2011 when a gun of the same model she owned "sustained a malfunction," according to a sheriff's department report obtained by The Dallas Morning News.

"It is likely that this weapon could have been stolen or misplaced during Sheriff Valdez's moving transition," the report stated.
A bit more at the link.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2018-el ... upe-valdez
USAF 1982-2005

oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Dallas County Sheriff's office looking for gun issued to Texas governor candidate Lupe Valdez

Post by oljames3 »

Somehow I doubt that any of Governor Abbott's firearms are missing. And yes, I do think that being able to keep track of one's firearms is indicative of one's ability to run the great state of Texas.
:txflag:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Dallas County Sheriff's office looking for gun issued to Texas governor candidate Lupe Valdez

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ELB »

oljames3 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:42 am ... I do think that being able to keep track of one's firearms is indicative of one's ability to run the great state of Texas.
Well then, no problem because she didn't lose track of her own firearm.

She lost track of a government (Sheriff's Dept) firearm. :grumble
USAF 1982-2005

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

ELB wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:31 pm
oljames3 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:42 am ... I do think that being able to keep track of one's firearms is indicative of one's ability to run the great state of Texas.
Well then, no problem because she didn't lose track of her own firearm.

She lost track of a government (Sheriff's Dept) firearm. :grumble
For which, of course, she was redponsible.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Being a dumbocrat, she didn't know how to use it anyway. She probably had it melted down
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Probably sold it in a government buyback in an effort to remove guns from the streets. .
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

oljames3 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:42 am Somehow I doubt that any of Governor Abbott's firearms are missing. And yes, I do think that being able to keep track of one's firearms is indicative of one's ability to run the great state of Texas.
On point brother. I got a speech by some yahoo on a Texas firearms forum that claimed if someone knew where their firearms were at all times, they would be lying based on the premise folks will lose a handgun from time to time like people lose a sock in the dryer.

imkopaka

Post by imkopaka »

montgomery wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:47 am
oljames3 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:42 am Somehow I doubt that any of Governor Abbott's firearms are missing. And yes, I do think that being able to keep track of one's firearms is indicative of one's ability to run the great state of Texas.
On point brother. I got a speech by some yahoo on a Texas firearms forum that claimed if someone knew where their firearms were at all times, they would be lying based on the premise folks will lose a handgun from time to time like people lose a sock in the dryer.
Maybe if I had like a hundred guns and hid them all over the house I might forget, like "where did I put the SILVER P320? I can only find the BLACK one...OH right I put it in the living room wall so I could get it by punching through the sheet rock." :lol:

But ONE gun?? :???:
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

My question is, did they get back the bullet she was supposed to keep in her pocket? :mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

threoh8

Post by threoh8 »

Did she check with Holder and the Fast and Furious folks?
The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Apparently Greg Abbott agrees with oljames3 as he pretty much quoted you on his Facebook page today.

Maybe Greg is a reader here!!

howdy

Post by howdy »

Maybe it was put in my stack when they all fell in the lake.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Allons

Post by Allons »

Probably in the hands of a criminal now.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Found in Sheriff's Department Property room:

"After a previous audit failed to locate the weapon, current interim Dallas County Sheriff Marian Brown ordered another inventory be completed on the Sheriff’s Property Room yesterday," the sheriff's office said Tuesday morning.

During that search, the pistol issued to Valdez in 2011, after her own weapon malfunctioned, was found.

The sheriff's office said they now believe the gun was surrendered Jan. 2 and mistakenly not entered into inventory at that time.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/politics/[abbreviated profanity deleted] ... 70061.html
Ron
NRA Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”