Feinstein vs Kavanaugh

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton


MaduroBU
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 544
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:11 am

Re: Feinstein vs Kavanaugh

#16

Post by MaduroBU » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:07 pm

What happens if she and de leon split the vote? I assume a runoff in which the Republican is crushed, but it would be entertaining to watch an election with Feinstein at home.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 25506
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Feinstein vs Kavanaugh

#17

Post by The Annoyed Man » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:41 pm

chamberc wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:51 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:36 pm
Richbirdhunter wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:14 am
I want to know if Booker is going to be in trouble for releasing classified documents
While I think that what Booker did was despicable, those weren’t “classified” documents; they were “confidential” committee documents. There is a distinction. Grassley has already absolved Booker of any rule breaking ..... and there are still people who deny the existence of a “deep state”.

The up side to this incident is that Booker has set another precedent that democrats will come to regret. First, former majority leader Harry Reid did away with a rule preventing a simple majority vote to confirm. The GOP holds 51 seats in the senate. That didn’t used to be enough to confirm a SCOTUS justice. Thanks to Reid, it is now enough. So Kavanaugh WILL be confirmed. Now that Booker has set a new precedent for breaking committee confidentiality, republicans are free to do it any time they want to democrats ..... if they have the courage.

It used to be that democrats could break the rules to their advantage, but count on republicans NOT to break those rules....because conservatives believe rules to be useful, and at heart, all democrats are anarchists. But it is now time to fight fire with fire. Going forward, EVERY republican serving on a committee should release any and all confidential committee documents which are found to be inconvenient to democrats. Every. Time. And if democrats protest, republicans should simply smile, and cite the “Booker Precendent”.
No rules were broken. The Republicans and the Bush Library had the documents cleared for release early this morning.
Yes, we learned all this after I wrote the above post. Grassley had already asked the Bush Library to expedite clearing them for release, and they were actually cleared late the night before Booker's stunt .... but effectively that same morning. Here's the thing though..... Apparently, Booker already knew they had been cleared for release, so all of his posturing was pure grandstanding.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

Maxwell
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 889
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:05 pm

Re: Feinstein vs Kavanaugh

#18

Post by Maxwell » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:39 am

Jusme wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:44 pm
RoyGBiv wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:26 pm
Jusme wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:47 pm
I am just wondering, where these "hundreds" of school shootings, where "assault" rifles were used, occurred? Did I miss all of the news reports? I would challenge Feinstein, to produce a list of these hundreds, of cases, so that we can fully appreciate the magnitude, of this atrocity. :shock:
She's lying. Already completely debunked... By NPR!

From Reason.com.... Dianne Feinstein Wants Brett Kavanaugh to 'Reconcile' His Second Amendment Reasoning With 'Hundreds of School Shootings' That Never Happened

.

And from NPR:


Yeah, it's different if you are testifying, and defending your opinions, at that point you are expected to tell the truth, in fact you swear an oath to do just that. I would be livid, if the person asking the questions, told such a blatant lie. But then again, it's the left, they aren't held to the same standards as everyone else. :rules:
Personally I surprised he didn't call her on it. All he ad to say was "Madam Senator, did you say "hundreds" of school shootings?"
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

User avatar

SQLGeek
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:48 am
Location: Richmond, TX

Re: Feinstein vs Kavanaugh

#19

Post by SQLGeek » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:00 am

MaduroBU wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:07 pm
What happens if she and de leon split the vote? I assume a runoff in which the Republican is crushed, but it would be entertaining to watch an election with Feinstein at home.
There is no Republican in the California senate race. It's Feinstein vs De "Ghost Gun" Leon. California is on a Top 2 system where the two highest vote earners in the primaries from all parties are on the ballot for the general election.

Man politics in my home state is a very depressing subject.
Psalm 91:2


MaduroBU
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 544
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:11 am

Re: Feinstein vs Kavanaugh

#20

Post by MaduroBU » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:03 pm

SQLGeek wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:00 am
MaduroBU wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:07 pm
What happens if she and de leon split the vote? I assume a runoff in which the Republican is crushed, but it would be entertaining to watch an election with Feinstein at home.
There is no Republican in the California senate race. It's Feinstein vs De "Ghost Gun" Leon. California is on a Top 2 system where the two highest vote earners in the primaries from all parties are on the ballot for the general election.

Man politics in my home state is a very depressing subject.
Wow. The shocking part is that the interior of the state is red.

User avatar

SQLGeek
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:48 am
Location: Richmond, TX

Re: Feinstein vs Kavanaugh

#21

Post by SQLGeek » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:50 pm

But not nearly as populated as the blue areas. The Bay Area, LA and Sacramento rule the state.
Psalm 91:2


WildRose
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 542
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:30 am

Re: Feinstein vs Kavanaugh

#22

Post by WildRose » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:15 pm

Jusme wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:44 pm
RoyGBiv wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:26 pm
Jusme wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:47 pm
I am just wondering, where these "hundreds" of school shootings, where "assault" rifles were used, occurred? Did I miss all of the news reports? I would challenge Feinstein, to produce a list of these hundreds, of cases, so that we can fully appreciate the magnitude, of this atrocity. :shock:
She's lying. Already completely debunked... By NPR!

From Reason.com.... Dianne Feinstein Wants Brett Kavanaugh to 'Reconcile' His Second Amendment Reasoning With 'Hundreds of School Shootings' That Never Happened

.

And from NPR:


Yeah, it's different if you are testifying, and defending your opinions, at that point you are expected to tell the truth, in fact you swear an oath to do just that. I would be livid, if the person asking the questions, told such a blatant lie. But then again, it's the left, they aren't held to the same standards as everyone else. :rules:
DeVoss is catching heat rounds for this report but it should be noted that the reports to the DE were made during the summer of 2016 following the 2015-16 school year.

I guess nowadays every bit of the work done by a previous administration has to be double checked for accuracy before it can be included in a report by a new administration.

Those that provided false information to the DE should be prosecuted.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

User avatar

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2593
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: Feinstein vs Kavanaugh

#23

Post by Bitter Clinger » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:09 am

Image
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח


WildRose
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 542
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:30 am

Re: Feinstein vs Kavanaugh

#24

Post by WildRose » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:18 am

It's always educational, depressing, and enlightening to watch the anti gunners lie with a straight face as though they actually believe what they are stating as fact is true.

Hundreds of school shootings with so called assault weapons? My hind end, the most commonly used weapon in all mass shootings including schools are handguns, not so called "assault weapons".

This particular lie is just a viscous assault on the truth for the purposes of scaring the hell out of the public and serves absolutely no other purpose but to drive them to demand we ban all semi auto weapons.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

User avatar

ELB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 7405
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: Feinstein vs Kavanaugh

#25

Post by ELB » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:10 am

What goes around comes around:

Trump Snubs Feinstein, Harris to Nominate Conservative Judges to Liberal 9th Circuit

"Elections have consequences."

"I won."
USAF 1982-2005
____________
“The only thing more enjoyable than seeing your opponent lose an election they rigged is seeing them lose an investigation they rigged.” Author unknown but dead on the mark.


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 8399
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: Feinstein vs Kavanaugh

#26

Post by Abraham » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:39 am

So f & h are throwing a hissy fit that President Trump won't bend in the direction they want...

Well, he's a big raspberry for both: Pppttttt!

User avatar

bigtek
Banned
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:48 am

Re: Feinstein vs Kavanaugh

#27

Post by bigtek » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:37 pm

ELB wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:10 am
What goes around comes around:

Trump Snubs Feinstein, Harris to Nominate Conservative Judges to Liberal 9th Circuit
It's progress but I won't celebrate too much. Even if Trump gets three more judges who read the constitution confirmed to fill the vacancies in the Ninth Circus, there will still be a 16-13 (D) majority. Add the fact that (D) judges rarely become friendlier to the constitution and too many (R) judges are eventually corrupted bit by bit by the swamp creatures. Still, it's a small spark of light in the darkness.

:thumbs2:
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

User avatar

KLB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 811
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:57 am
Location: San Antonio

Re: Feinstein vs Kavanaugh

#28

Post by KLB » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:30 pm

MaduroBU wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:07 pm
What happens if she and de leon split the vote? I assume a runoff in which the Republican is crushed, but it would be entertaining to watch an election with Feinstein at home.
There are two Democrats and two Republicans in the race--California rules--go figure. Even with a split vote, the two frontrunners are likely to be Democrats.

User avatar

bigtek
Banned
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:48 am

Re: Feinstein vs Kavanaugh

#29

Post by bigtek » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:59 pm

KLB wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:30 pm
MaduroBU wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:07 pm
What happens if she and de leon split the vote? I assume a runoff in which the Republican is crushed, but it would be entertaining to watch an election with Feinstein at home.
There are two Democrats and two Republicans in the race--California rules--go figure. Even with a split vote, the two frontrunners are likely to be Democrats.
I thought the jungle primary means only Dianne Feinstein and Kevin de León (D) will be on the ballot.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

User avatar

KLB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 811
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:57 am
Location: San Antonio

Re: Feinstein vs Kavanaugh

#30

Post by KLB » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:47 pm

bigtek wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:59 pm
I thought the jungle primary means only Dianne Feinstein and Kevin de León (D) will be on the ballot.
That had been my impression, too. I searched for the candidates snd found two from each party. But maybe somehow only the two Dems are on the ballot. Because California?

Post Reply

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”