Prof shoots himself in arm in bathroom

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Prof shoots himself in arm in bathroom

Post by Syntyr »

Hopefully this chucklehead will lose his job and become a felon. That's a win win. He wont be teaching and he wont be voting!

The problem is another +1 school shooting statistic...
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

ELB
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ELB »

AndyC wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:32 pm
More likely the dumbo shot himself accidentally - then decided to make himself 'heroic' by claiming it was an anti-Trump move.
The article notes this:
Inside the bathroom, campus police found a $100 bill taped to a mirror along with a note that said, “For the janitor,” ...
I'm going to go with he shot himself on purpose as a not-really-well-thought-out protest. I will wager that this is why the university buried the story so quickly.

Example 4,458 why gun control advocates don't think anyone should have guns... because they know that they themselves are too stupid to have them.
USAF 1982-2005

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Can someone suggest this protest approach to Nancy and Maxine?

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Maybe we should encourage similar behavior by promoting the "Jump off a building to protest Trump" challenge.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:52 pm Can someone suggest this protest approach to Nancy and Maxine?
Pawpaw wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:54 pm Maybe we should encourage similar behavior by promoting the "Jump off a building to protest Trump" challenge.

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

That's why professors don't want guns on campus, they are too irresponsible to have them.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Maybe it said it jokingly, but was taken at face value by reporter?
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

A longtime College of Southern Nevada sociology professor is facing felony gun charges in connection with an on-campus shooting on the second day of classes.

Mark J. Bird was charged last month with discharging a gun within a prohibited structure, carrying a concealed weapon without a permit and possessing a dangerous weapon on school property, court records show. He was found bleeding from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his arm about 8:15 a.m. on Aug. 28 outside a bathroom in the Charleston campus K building.

While waiting for authorities to arrive, Bird said he had shot himself in protest of President Donald Trump, police noted in their report.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/sho ... test-trump

More likely the dumbo shot himself accidentally - then decided to make himself 'heroic' by claiming it was an anti-Trump move.
More likely the thought that if he framed it as a protest, he could escape consequences under the 1st Amendment.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:48 pm
A longtime College of Southern Nevada sociology professor is facing felony gun charges in connection with an on-campus shooting on the second day of classes.

Mark J. Bird was charged last month with discharging a gun within a prohibited structure, carrying a concealed weapon without a permit and possessing a dangerous weapon on school property, court records show. He was found bleeding from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his arm about 8:15 a.m. on Aug. 28 outside a bathroom in the Charleston campus K building.

While waiting for authorities to arrive, Bird said he had shot himself in protest of President Donald Trump, police noted in their report.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/sho ... test-trump

More likely the thought that if he framed it as a protest, he could escape consequences under the 1st Amendment.
Hmmm, maybe I can protest income inequality by robbing a bank????

sugar land dave.

Post by sugar land dave. »

This action is deliberately taken by a career educator of America's young generations? The reasoning sounds a little suspect to me. Perhaps this is an example of why we now have to make America great again.

ELB
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ELB »

Given the caliber of the firearm, the location of the wound, and the fact that he taped a $100 to the mirror "for the janitor" (i.e. he knew he was going to leave some blood to be cleaned up), and that he was a sociology professor in today's college climate, I have no problem believing this was a premeditated act of protest...in his mind. I would not be surprised to find out there are some other mental issues besides TDS as well.
USAF 1982-2005

Boxerrider
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Boxerrider »

ELB wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:42 pm Given the caliber of the firearm, the location of the wound, and the fact that he taped a $100 to the mirror "for the janitor" (i.e. he knew he was going to leave some blood to be cleaned up), and that he was a sociology professor in today's college climate, I have no problem believing this was a premeditated act of protest...in his mind. I would not be surprised to find out there are some other mental issues besides TDS as well.
Botched suicide attempt?

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

When you think they can't get anymore loony, they suprise you!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

So, he shot himself in the arm in protest? What did he accomplish? Felony charges. The lefts' hysteria is just unbelievable!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Boxerrider wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:40 pm
ELB wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:42 pm Given the caliber of the firearm, the location of the wound, and the fact that he taped a $100 to the mirror "for the janitor" (i.e. he knew he was going to leave some blood to be cleaned up), and that he was a sociology professor in today's college climate, I have no problem believing this was a premeditated act of protest...in his mind. I would not be surprised to find out there are some other mental issues besides TDS as well.
Botched suicide attempt?
If that were the case the wound would be in his buttocks.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”