They are out there scheming

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
KLB
Posts in topic: 1

They are out there scheming

Post by KLB »

I belong to a listserv for municipal lawyers. Here is the text of a recent message:
Good afternoon –

A member is requesting information about whether anyone has successfully (or unsuccessfully) implemented a ban on the following:

Sale of firearms (the assumption by the member is that this would be prohibited under the Second Amendment). If not an outright ban, the requestor would be interested in hearing if you have implemented zoning restrictions intended to limit gun stores from opening in your jurisdiction. (I believe there was a recent Ninth Circuit decision regarding Alameda County on this).

Sale of e-cigarettes or other commercial items.

Thank you for your information. I will pass it along to the member.

I post this just as a warning. As I'm sure we all realize, the gun-grabbers seem to lie awake at night scheming. We can't assume any battle is won. IN fact, as we already know, the City of San Antonio already is considering this sort of thing:
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=93044&p=1211958&hi ... g#p1211725

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 1

Re: They are out there scheming

Post by ninjabread »

Maybe it's time to bring back the great American tradition of tar and feathers for wayward officials.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”