SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING AWARENESS DAY

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Aggie_engr
Posts in topic: 1

SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING AWARENESS DAY

Post by Aggie_engr »

Yes, let’s all spy on our neighbors. You know, for the good of all in the community so we can feel safer. :totap:

From Constable Mark Herman, Harris County Precint 4
COMMUNITY ADVISORY

Informed and alert residents play a critical role in crime prevention. Today is, "If You See Something, Say Something" Awareness Day, and we want to thank our community for your continued support in helping keep Precinct 4 a safe place to live.

Always remember to report suspicious activity to 911 our your local law enforcement in an effort to protect your family, neighbors, and community.

Follow Us at Facebook.com/precinct4 to receive live feeds on crime and arrests in your area.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Re: SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING AWARENESS DAY

Post by ScottDLS »

I saw a guy riding one of those idiotic Bird Electric Scooters to the Pentagon in a business suit...oh yeah never mind that was in Arlington, VA....not Harris County, TX... :shock:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Acting suspicious....is that a felony or a misdemeanor? :rules:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

My neighbors would report a suspicious MWAG (man without a gun) if they saw me without my M&P on my hip.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I believe several people saw something, and said something, about the kid in Florida, before he went and shot a bunch of kids in school. Just hope, that whoever you "say" something to, listens better than the Coward County, Fla. Sheriff.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

cirus

Post by cirus »

I'm glad I live in the country.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

yea,right. 'cause the Dallas police department, understaffed by some 800 officers, is going to have time to respond to someone who appears out of place, really?

Tell that to the family of this innocent victim:

http://www.fox4news.com/news/no-arrests ... -stabs-her
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

cirus wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:43 am I'm glad I live in the country.
I'm jealous, but working on it. :thumbs2:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

I don't see it so much as spying on my neighbors. I am familiar enough with my neighbors to know that they aren't prone to "suspicious" activities. I do think that noting things that are out of the ordinary might be important, whether it rises to a level I'd report to law enforcement or not. Most of these out of the ordinary things are likely to not be my neighbors -- think about seeing someone lurking about that may be casing houses for later burglaries, or about traffic that may indicate drug sales activities.

As an example, about two years ago a disabled neighbor two houses down from us allowed someone he had met to move to his property into a barn. Almost immediately, we began noticing traffic at all times of the day and night, which heightened our awareness. A little later, another guy ended up "renting" the same space -- again with traffic to and from at all hours. One evening, several constables converged on the place after some shooting was reported, and apparently one or more shots were fired between this group and the police. One or more of them ended up being hauled away and there was a search for at least one other person. I was away from home at the time and my wife and daughter held down the fort -- armed and ready in case the bad actor showed up.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

philip964

Post by philip964 »

It appears many States are violating my Second Amendment Right to bear arms without infringement.

There I saw something and I said it.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Aggie_engr wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:39 pm Yes, let’s all spy on our neighbors. You know, for the good of all in the community so we can feel safer. :totap:

So, should this poster have just minded his own business and not said anything about his neighbors?

www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=93315

I do not think they are calling on people to spy on their neighbors. I do think they are encouraging people to not be afraid to say something if they happen to see suspicious behavior or something that could posed a danger. Take for example, seeing someone put a packed backpack into a trashcan in a crowded area during a big event such as the Boston Marathon or letting the authorities know someone has been making threats about shooting up a school or theater.

It doesn't do anyone any good to always take things to the extreme.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

With a 45 minute drive to work, I see lots of things. For starters, when I was shutting the main gate to leave my field, I saw my brother-in-law's cows that still need to be moved somewhere else. Then it was the right combination of dew, fog, sun that when I rounded a corner I couldn't see anything. Crossed the creek and ready to turn on the road that leads to the highway and I only saw 2 deer where there are normally 4 or more. Get to the highway and have to roll down my windows to make sure I don't pull out in front of somebody, but I didn't see anything. Mile or so down the highway and turn to get on the road that goes by Mother Neff, saw some more cows. Get to where the Leon River goes under the road at Mother Neff, and I saw it was foggy in the bottom of the river valley. Looks like the river is up some but not flowing like you would expect. At FM 107, there was a silage truck, and at the silage pit, I really didn't see anything but it smells like the silage is fermenting like it should. I only saw the man from the older couple that walk down the road ever morning, she must not be feeling well or maybe just wanted to sleep in. There was a train going into McGregor and cars coming when I got onto 317 to head into McGregor. Saw a nice older Toyota 4 Runner. I could go on but really, there was just cars all the way into Waco.
cirus wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:43 am I'm glad I live in the country.
It's nice isn't it?
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Teacher from Commercial flight school: Hey I’ve got all these foreign students in my school who don’t want to learn how to take off or land - just fly and steer and where to turn the transponder off.

FBI: OK we will look into it.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

ScottDLS wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:50 pm Acting suspicious....is that a felony or a misdemeanor? :rules:
Are a Demicrat or Republican?? :mrgreen:
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jusme wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:34 am I believe several people saw something, and said something, about the kid in Florida, before he went and shot a bunch of kids in school. Just hope, that whoever you "say" something to, listens better than the Coward County, Fla. Sheriff.
I hope they listen better than the Security Branch of the DNC (AKA “FBI”) did too. That kid was a train wreck in progress, and nobody in a position of authority cared enough to do anything about it - including the cowardly deputy who refused to respond once the bullets started flying....claiming that he thought it was firecrackers.

Well? STUDENTS AREN’T ALLOWED TO HAVE FIRECRACKERS AT SCHOOL, SO WHY DID YOU GO BREAK IT UP, IF THAT’S ALL YOU THOUGHT IT WAS?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”