Where there is a will, there is a way

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
stever1950
Posts in topic: 1

Where there is a will, there is a way

Post by stever1950 »

'People' saying the gun is the root and with out the gun the killing would go away. Check this recent Fox article out.
https://www.foxnews.com/world/knife-cri ... d-in-sight
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Where there is a will, there is a way

Post by Abraham »

Rocks, tree limbs, fists and whole host of other things can be used to kill...and are...

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

The problem is that in UK if you are worried about being attacked then your only option is to carry a knife even if it is illegal to do so. That is because any other less than lethal tools you might carry instead such as Mace/pepper spray or stun gun are also illegal to own and can only be bought from criminals. Quite frankly I am not sure which is worse to be caught carrying a stun gun, knife or firearm. If you need to arm yourself illegally for your own protection, then why not go the whole way and adopt the "nuclear option" by arming yourself with something which gives you an overwhelming advantage.
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

Gator Guy

Post by Gator Guy »

stever1950 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:51 pm 'People' saying the gun is the root and with out the gun the killing would go away.
Exactly like during The Thirty Years' War in pre-gun Europe.
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned."

Gator Guy

Post by Gator Guy »

Noggin wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:25 am The problem is that in UK if you are worried about being attacked then your only option is to carry a knife even if it is illegal to do so. That is because any other less than lethal tools you might carry instead such as Mace/pepper spray or stun gun are also illegal to own and can only be bought from criminals. Quite frankly I am not sure which is worse to be caught carrying a stun gun, knife or firearm. If you need to arm yourself illegally for your own protection, then why not go the whole way and adopt the "nuclear option" by arming yourself with something which gives you an overwhelming advantage.
And why not use that "nuclear option" against all armed opponents, including the ones who want to lock you up for arming yourself?
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned."

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Watch a few episodes of "Forged In Fire" and witness just how many wars were fought with edged weapons be they swords, lances, hammers, combinations of all way, way, way before firearms.

But sure, blame firearms for everything including the common cold...nitwits.

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Gator Guy wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:16 pm
Noggin wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:25 am The problem is that in UK if you are worried about being attacked then your only option is to carry a knife even if it is illegal to do so. That is because any other less than lethal tools you might carry instead such as Mace/pepper spray or stun gun are also illegal to own and can only be bought from criminals. Quite frankly I am not sure which is worse to be caught carrying a stun gun, knife or firearm. If you need to arm yourself illegally for your own protection, then why not go the whole way and adopt the "nuclear option" by arming yourself with something which gives you an overwhelming advantage.
And why not use that "nuclear option" against all armed opponents, including the ones who want to lock you up for arming yourself?
Not such a bad idea when 95% of the LEOs only carry a CS gas spray and a stick.
However there is a serious point here - If people in the UK were allowed to own and carry guns then it follows that every police officer would have to be similarly armed. The heads of all police services in the UK have always been opposed to the universal arming of their officers, because this would create an additional training burden, increasing overall training time for officers the need for more facilities along with the administrative burden of managing the issue of weapons and ammunition. Also it would increase the risk of ND incidents and possible law suits for people shot in error. The UK Nanny state way of thinking is not only confined to managing it's citizens but also to how it manages it's enforcers - put simply it's dangerous to let police officers carry guns so if we can avoid it as much as possible then that is better.
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”