QuikTrip hiring 'hybrid employees' who can work while armed to deter crime, keep customers safe

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Archery1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: QuikTrip hiring 'hybrid employees' who can work while armed to deter crime, keep customers safe

Post by Archery1 »

jason812 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:22 am
G26ster wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:26 pm
Abraham wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:37 pm ELB,

I'm resistant to new/old corporate speak.

I recall when 'interpersonal relationship' came out and it made me gag.

Changing the word 'Personnel' to 'human resources' also made me gag.

Or now rather a dated term -'win-win' gag...

And my list goes on, but I'm sure you get my curmudgeonly point.

While I'm pro-corporations their stodgy, ludicrous made up speak isn't and never was for me, even when young.

Or, perhaps I've alway been a curmudgeon - which is probably the case.

Now, I've got to do a bit of 'networking'...
Abraham. I'm surprised by your inability to "think outside the box." Perhaps if you would examine your "core competency," you'd note that a better "ROI" is attainable. Participating in "group think" allows one to "give 110%" and "take it to the next level." By doing this, "at the end of the day" you will be able to "build a consensus" by employing "best practices" and grab "the low hanging fruit." This is "mission critical" for any person(s) that is "results driven." By doing so, you will be a "thought leader" and will be able to understand the "paradigm shifts" and be less "risk adverse." Good luck. :mrgreen:
You are fired. You left out Diversity and Inclusion, Innovation, Employee Engagement, and some others... I guess I'm fired too. :banghead:

I don't know how old Abraham is, but I seem to agree with him alot and I'm not yet 40. Does that mean I'm an old soul, or just cynical? "rlol"
Soo much "SYNERGY" going on here, folks!!!!

canvasbck

Re: QuikTrip hiring 'hybrid employees' who can work while armed to deter crime, keep customers safe

Post by canvasbck »

G26ster wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:26 pm
Abraham wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:37 pm ELB,

I'm resistant to new/old corporate speak.

I recall when 'interpersonal relationship' came out and it made me gag.

Changing the word 'Personnel' to 'human resources' also made me gag.

Or now rather a dated term -'win-win' gag...

And my list goes on, but I'm sure you get my curmudgeonly point.

While I'm pro-corporations their stodgy, ludicrous made up speak isn't and never was for me, even when young.

Or, perhaps I've alway been a curmudgeon - which is probably the case.

Now, I've got to do a bit of 'networking'...
Abraham. I'm surprised by your inability to "think outside the box." Perhaps if you would examine your "core competency," you'd note that a better "ROI" is attainable. Participating in "group think" allows one to "give 110%" and "take it to the next level." By doing this, "at the end of the day" you will be able to "build a consensus" by employing "best practices" and grab "the low hanging fruit." This is "mission critical" for any person(s) that is "results driven." By doing so, you will be a "thought leader" and will be able to understand the "paradigm shifts" and be less "risk adverse." Good luck. :mrgreen:
How did you not add value added and put that idea in the parking lot?

ETA: This thread has been hijacked and the new topic really presents no value added to the original topic presented. It's a good discussion worth circling back to. I suggest we add it to the parking lot.
Last edited by canvasbck on Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Abraham wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:26 am ELB,

Yeah, I hear ya, I just don't like it.

In times gone by, we had a variety of work particulars people were responsible for, yet none were referred to as 'hybrid'. To my knowledge anyway.

I suppose part of my dislike for calling people 'hybrid' and their jobs, is along the lines of calling human beings 'resources'.

It's creepy and dehumanizing.

Jason812,

Both!
Hybrid ..... some call it cross-decking these days. Back in my day in corporate America, we just called it “multi-tasking” .... in which the bosses expected 100% performance at the two (or more) “portfolios” the person was managing; but the person managing them knew he/she could never get better than 50% performance at both. Because there’s only 24 hours in a day.

For mission statements, CLICK HERE
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Abraham
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Abraham »

It seems I've helped resurrect a non-valued added monster, aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

• Our mission is to continue to quickly restore future-proof synergy and holisticly facilitate enterprise-wide expertise while striving for technical leadership.
  • We envision to globally leverage existing worldwide initiatives as well as to continually restore proactive imperatives while maintaining the highest standards.
  • Our first priority is to authoritatively customize go forward internal or "organic" sources so that we may endeavor to collaboratively re-engineer world-class human capital while maintaining the highest standards.
  • We have committed to credibly maintain multidisciplinary manufactured products while continuing to dynamically re-invent an expanded array of testing procedures to allow us to professionally administrate economically sound core competencies to meet our customer's needs.
I could go on......
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Abraham
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Abraham »

George Orwell is rolling in his grave, wait there's gotta be some bogus corporate word for 'grave'...?

We cain't be usin no plain, ordinary, (that's to say clear) English as our ersatz brilliance will go wanting, eh?

Corporate pomposity is a good thing per the corporate thought police.

Believe this or else...

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

rotor wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:03 pm For those with more knowledge than I have, can't a store have it's employees open carry without LTC? On private property isn't that legal? My brother doesn't have a LTC but can't he carry when on my property and I have given him permission?
Basically, I think not. This sort of thing was covered here several years ago. You cannot give someone else permission to break the law. However, there would also have to be someone that would report it and in situations like you're asking about that likelihood that probability is pretty low to non-existent.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”