This is gonna be very interesting

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

This is gonna be very interesting

Post by crazy2medic »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... uW&ampcf=1
This may have a direct impact on the ATF calling a piece of plastic a machinegun!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

mayor
Posts in topic: 2

Re: This is gonna be very interesting

Post by mayor »

Interesting thought. Maybe President Trump's direction to the attorney general to propose regulations to ban bump stocks that then gets smacked down in the courts by the very judges he appointed was his strategy all along? That's pretty smart, if it works out that way.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

This is similar to something I posted on Dec 11th: https://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic ... 9#p1232429
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

It seems like wishful thinking, but I offer you a deal.

If this is masterful strategy, and results in fewer Federal second amendment infringements on 9/1/2020 than on 9/1/2016, I will vote for Trump in 2020 and enthusiastically encourage others to do the same. However, if Trump's bump stock ban is just a bump stock ban, you will vote against Trump in 2020, casting your vote for a third party candidate of your choosing or abstaining.

Do we have a deal?

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

BAMF wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:08 pm It seems like wishful thinking, but I offer you a deal.

If this is masterful strategy, and results in fewer Federal second amendment infringements on 9/1/2020 than on 9/1/2016, I will vote for Trump in 2020 and enthusiastically encourage others to do the same. However, if Trump's bump stock ban is just a bump stock ban, you will vote against Trump in 2020, casting your vote for a third party candidate of your choosing or abstaining.

Do we have a deal?
I already voted libertarian in 2016. Have every year I've been able to vote except the first time.
NRA Benefactor Member

rotor

Post by rotor »

You libertarian voters actually voted for Hillary. You may have that warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing you did the "right" thing but that's what you did, voted for HRC. I voted for Perot once too so I know how it "feels" but....

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

I agree. It's sad, yes, but the fact is, at the end of the day there are two presidential candidates. If you vote for Wally Weinerschnitzel from the Whoopeekipperedherring Party, you're throwing away a vote, and most likely helping the wrong person get elected. It's a classic case of principle vs. reality.
-Ruark

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Maybe if the Republicans took our concerns more seriously there wouldn't be a need for a Libertarian party.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

rotor wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:28 pm You libertarian voters actually voted for Hillary. You may have that warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing you did the "right" thing but that's what you did, voted for HRC. I voted for Perot once too so I know how it "feels" but....
Which is how we get RINOs. Republicans know they don't have to do anything to get your vote.
NRA Benefactor Member

rotor

Post by rotor »

Jago668 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:29 pm
rotor wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:28 pm You libertarian voters actually voted for Hillary. You may have that warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing you did the "right" thing but that's what you did, voted for HRC. I voted for Perot once too so I know how it "feels" but....
Which is how we get RINOs. Republicans know they don't have to do anything to get your vote.
RINO vs democrats, take your choice. But it won't be the libertarian that wins.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

rotor wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:35 pm
Truth. Reality! Libertarian voters put Clinton in office when he ran against Bush.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:56 am
rotor wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:35 pm
Truth. Reality! Libertarian voters put Clinton in office when he ran against Bush.
I thought that was the Reform Party; ie. Ross Perot?
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

mayor

Post by mayor »

BAMF wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:08 pm It seems like wishful thinking, but I offer you a deal.

Do we have a deal?
I'll play. You'll just have to trust me.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Bump stock by itself is a part of firearm not a firearm. However, attaching said bump stock to a semi-auto firearm is now being
"called" a machine gun. It would not fly in court of law as machine guns are classified as one pull of trigger initiates fire and auto-cycling and continuous fire until said finger is released.

To ban bumps stock the law has to be rewritten to swap the trigger <> Front handle or any other part of a firearm.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Bruin98

Post by Bruin98 »

Ruark wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:10 pm I agree. It's sad, yes, but the fact is, at the end of the day there are two presidential candidates. If you vote for Wally Weinerschnitzel from the Whoopeekipperedherring Party, you're throwing away a vote, and most likely helping the wrong person get elected. It's a classic case of principle vs. reality.
Then maybe the rest of you should have principles so all of us can have a new reality.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”