Art Acevedo having another fever dream....

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Art Acevedo having another fever dream....

Post by The Annoyed Man »

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... n-control/
Houston Top Cop: We Do Not Need Prayers, We Need Gun Control
Acevedo pushed for more gun control the day after drug suspects opened fire on police officers in Houston, wounding four.

The Washington Post quoted Acevedo saying, “WE DON’T elect people to pray for us. We elect people to lead us.” He added, “I appreciate your prayers … but the question is, what are policymakers willing to do, besides prayers, to address a public-health epidemic?”
This dude has a serious case of the ‘hey look at me’s.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Middle Age Russ

Re: Art Acevedo having another fever dream....

Post by Middle Age Russ »

When I go to vote, I vote for folks to REPRESENT me in Government. I am more than happy to lead myself, with God's help. I do NOT vote for anyone to lead me. Mr. Acevedo and his ilk who believe that officials are elected to be leaders (delusions of grandeur, much??) can pound sand.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

Maybe we need him to focus on not having the Houston cops shoot up the wrong house on a botched drug raid and get their warrants right.... :bigmouth
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Maxwell »

ScottDLS wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:49 am Maybe we need him to focus on not having the Houston cops shoot up the wrong house on a botched drug raid and get their warrants right.... :bigmouth
Scott,

I know which incident you talking about, but did I miss something? I thought it was a valid warrant and raid. :headscratch
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Middle Age Russ wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:41 am When I go to vote, I vote for folks to REPRESENT me in Government. I am more than happy to lead myself, with God's help. I do NOT vote for anyone to lead me. Mr. Acevedo and his ilk who believe that officials are elected to be leaders (delusions of grandeur, much??) can pound sand.
:iagree:

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

Maxwell wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:34 am
ScottDLS wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:49 am Maybe we need him to focus on not having the Houston cops shoot up the wrong house on a botched drug raid and get their warrants right.... :bigmouth
Scott,

I know which incident you talking about, but did I miss something? I thought it was a valid warrant and raid. :headscratch
I thought there was some talk of it being the wrong house. May have it confused with another incident. :???:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

ScottDLS wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:42 am
Scott,

I thought there was some talk of it being the wrong house. May have it confused with another incident. :???:
The dust hasn't settled on that one, Scott.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:51 am
ScottDLS wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:42 am
Scott,

The dust hasn't settled on that one, Scott.
Yeah, just read the thread on here.
viewtopic.php?f=108&t=94776

A lot of unanswered questions.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Rather than deprive citizens of their rights, I wish our Chief of Police would actually enforce the laws that exist. Criminals don't buy guns at gun stores, don't fill out the ATF form and do not submit to background checks. All of his ideas will not affect criminals one bit.

If I wanted gun control, I'd move to Commiefornia where Chairman Newsom wants to tell us what to eat, sleep, wear, etc.

I am so disappointed in this Chief of Police, I wish he's quit and move west. Far West!!!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

He would go door to door and take them all if he could.

Easily the most Anti-2nd Amendment Peace Officer I have ever seen or heard of.

As far as moving far west goes, where do you think he came from?

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

bowserb

Post by bowserb »

As I recall, he came here from Austin, aka East San Francisco. Anyone surprised that he brought his attitudes with him?
Bill
"If I were the Devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious." -Paul Harvey, 1964

PBR

Post by PBR »

What they need to do is properly conduct these raids / warrant round ups. The last two shootings on these type of raids have happened / taken place in broad daylight. I don't know when they started doing this type of stuff in broad daylight but it's pretty stupid to me. It takes away any element of surprise and puts more citizens in danger. They need to rethink this stuff and make changes.
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

philip964

Post by philip964 »

bowserb wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:40 pm As I recall, he came here from Austin, aka East San Francisco. Anyone surprised that he brought his attitudes with him?
Oh my. I knew many on the forum spoke not highly of him in the past. Since this raid on the “drug house” I have seen first hand his anti gun stance. Then I found out he was Police Chief in Austin, which of course raised some doubts. But hearing his roots went further West I found this.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local ... -353967326

Apparently the me too movement was not big when he was hired in Austin, or in Houston for that matter.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I still have questions in my mind about that Harding Street drug bust and no knock raid in southeast Houston. But as Rahm Emmanuel said to his fellow Democrats never let a good crisis or tragedy go to waste, especially if it promotes gun control.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

jordanmills
Banned

Post by jordanmills »

I think he's right. We do need more gun control. If those crooked cops didn't have guns, then the two citizens they killed would probably be alive now.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”