High-school rifle teams on the increase

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
KLB
Posts in topic: 1

High-school rifle teams on the increase

Post by KLB »

Robbins, a corporal for the state police in Kittanning, said the community support was “out of this world.” He secured a grant from the Armstrong County Friends of the NRA organization to buy five .22-caliber rifles, and donations from local people and businesses provided enough money for seven more.

“In today’s political climate, the mere mention of high school and shooting and all of that in the same sentence kind of throws people for a spin,” Robbins said. “Once we explain to everybody what we’re doing — we’re not teaching them combat shooting, we’re not teaching them stock and sniper training.

“We’re teaching them mental discipline and physical concentration, and it just so happens they’re shooting a .22. These aren’t granddad’s squirrel rifles.”
https://triblive.com/local/valleynewsdi ... e-teams-is

theblaze

Re: High-school rifle teams on the increase

Post by theblaze »

Good! Hope it spreads!

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Despite guns and schools debate, participation on high school rifle teams is increasing
:thumbs2: :thumbs2:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

threoh8

Post by threoh8 »

"These aren’t granddad’s squirrel rifles."

I bet my granddad would have shot squirrel with the Winchester 52D or Walther GX1 I used in high school. Put a post insert in the tube front sight, maybe open up the rear aperture a bit ... ;-)
The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”