FBI Statistics on Armed Citizens at Active Shooter Events

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Post Reply
User avatar

Topic author
Lynyrd
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1373
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:20 am
Location: East Texas

FBI Statistics on Armed Citizens at Active Shooter Events

#1

Post by Lynyrd » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:43 pm

There are some good statistics in this article. Pity that liberals won't take the time to study what the FBI has to say on armed citizens and their effectiveness when present during an active shooter event.

https://www.concealedcarry.com/news/arm ... uRrcHaFrNE

Here's a couple of interesting quotes.
Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events.
As you can see below, however, at the 33 incidents at which Armed Citizens were present, there were zero situations at which the Armed Citizen injured or killed an innocent person. It never happened.
I also find it infuriatingly stupid that many employers will not allow their employees to be armed when, according to the FBI, an office or a business is the most likely place for an active shooter event.
Last edited by Lynyrd on Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

User avatar

Paladin
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2776
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:02 pm
Location: DFW

Re: FBI Statistics on Armed Citizens at Active Shooter Events

#2

Post by Paladin » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:51 pm

Image

Impressive!!
NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Life, GOA Life Member
Texas State Guard


longtooth
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 12058
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:31 pm
Location: Angelina County

Re: FBI Statistics on Armed Citizens at Active Shooter Events

#3

Post by longtooth » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:08 pm

And this is the reason we train and do active shooter drills at our church.
We have a Safe Room for members that are not armed and trained.
We have a designated caller. Every one knows what to do.
There are 2 complete trauma packs in the Sanctuary.
:patriot: :txflag: :txflag: :txflag:
Image
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11


stroo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1675
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:46 pm
Location: Coppell

Re: FBI Statistics on Armed Citizens at Active Shooter Events

#4

Post by stroo » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:26 pm

First, the FBI didn't say any of this; statistics were gathered by and reported by the FBI and then analyzed by Concealed Carry. This is Concealed Carry's analysis of the FBI stats.

Second, this is a great analysis. Really shows that CHLs/CCW/LTCs are very successful when at the site of an active shooter.

Thanks for providing this!


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1646
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: FBI Statistics on Armed Citizens at Active Shooter Events

#5

Post by crazy2medic » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:21 pm

Lynyrd wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:43 pm
There are some good statistics in this article. Pity that liberals won't take the time to study what the FBI has to say on armed citizens and their effectiveness when present during an active shooter event.

https://www.concealedcarry.com/news/arm ... uRrcHaFrNE

Here's a couple of interesting quotes.
Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events.
As you can see below, however, at the 33 incidents at which Armed Citizens were present, there were zero situations at which the Armed Citizen injured or killed an innocent person. It never happened.
I also find it infuriatingly stupid that many employers will not allow their employees to be armed when, according to the FBI, an off or a business is the most likely place for an active shooter event.
This is my new crusade! Business that post both 06 and 07 signs should be required to post a fish in barrel sign so that patrons and employees know they are just fish in a barrel
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention

User avatar

Topic author
Lynyrd
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1373
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:20 am
Location: East Texas

Re: FBI Statistics on Armed Citizens at Active Shooter Events

#6

Post by Lynyrd » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:32 pm

stroo wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:26 pm
First, the FBI didn't say any of this; statistics were gathered by and reported by the FBI and then analyzed by Concealed Carry. This is Concealed Carry's analysis of the FBI stats.

Second, this is a great analysis. Really shows that CHLs/CCW/LTCs are very successful when at the site of an active shooter.

Thanks for providing this!
You are correct! But this data provides a pretty good argument against gun grabbing measures proposed by the political left. It should be presented and heard at every debate over gun control.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: FBI Statistics on Armed Citizens at Active Shooter Events

#7

Post by bblhd672 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:48 pm

Lynyrd wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:32 pm
stroo wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:26 pm
First, the FBI didn't say any of this; statistics were gathered by and reported by the FBI and then analyzed by Concealed Carry. This is Concealed Carry's analysis of the FBI stats.

Second, this is a great analysis. Really shows that CHLs/CCW/LTCs are very successful when at the site of an active shooter.

Thanks for providing this!
You are correct! But this data provides a pretty good argument against gun grabbing measures proposed by the political left. It should be presented and heard at every debate over gun control.
The political left does not care about truth, it only cares about whatever it takes to achieve their agenda. You could show them this and get them to acknowledge it in writing, but it wouldn't change one iota of their rhetoric or campaign to disarm the law abiding citizens of the country.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

User avatar

Topic author
Lynyrd
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1373
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:20 am
Location: East Texas

Re: FBI Statistics on Armed Citizens at Active Shooter Events

#8

Post by Lynyrd » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:26 pm

bblhd672 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:48 pm
Lynyrd wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:32 pm
stroo wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:26 pm
First, the FBI didn't say any of this; statistics were gathered by and reported by the FBI and then analyzed by Concealed Carry. This is Concealed Carry's analysis of the FBI stats.

Second, this is a great analysis. Really shows that CHLs/CCW/LTCs are very successful when at the site of an active shooter.

Thanks for providing this!
You are correct! But this data provides a pretty good argument against gun grabbing measures proposed by the political left. It should be presented and heard at every debate over gun control.
The political left does not care about truth, it only cares about whatever it takes to achieve their agenda. You could show them this and get them to acknowledge it in writing, but it wouldn't change one iota of their rhetoric or campaign to disarm the law abiding citizens of the country.
:mad5 Sadly, I think you are also correct. For those like Pelosi, Schumer, Fienstien, Waters, and Sanders, they would say the earth is flat if they believed saying so would help them push their agenda to destroy this country.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Post Reply

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”