Spooky...

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Spooky...

Post by bblhd672 »

So says the anthropologist who bases her article upon Haiti...a third world country full of superstition and satanic practices.
Chelsey Kivland, a political and urban anthropologist, studies street politics, insecurity, and social performance in contemporary urban Haiti. She received her Ph.D. from the University of Chicago and is an assistant professor in the department of anthropology at Dartmouth College.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Grumpy1993

Post by Grumpy1993 »

Guns are illegal in Haiti. Fake news. :biggrinjester:
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

I find the non-falsifiable aspect of this kind of social "science" disturbing (read in a James Earl Jones voice).
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I read the entire article and it reads like a work of fiction.
If a student in one of her classes turned it in for an assignment,
she would probably give him an "A" grade.
NRA Endowment Member

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Grumpy1993 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:36 pm Guns are illegal in Haiti. Fake news. :biggrinjester:
Actually, according to Gun Policy.org, there were 291K guns in Haiti in 2017, up from 200K in 2012 How they got a count of illicit guns isn't clear.
But it does point out that even in countries that outlaw guns, guns exist and their numbers grow.

Back on the OP, I would love the chance to debate the author. It would be interesting to hear her(?) explain how the 300M guns in the U.S. haven't driven the population completely mad. I realize that those like Eric Swalwell love to tout that the people who live in flyover country are mad and that the solution it to nuke them but extrapolating the consequences for the the few guns in Haiti to the vast quantities in the U.S. without wall to wall insanity would be interesting to hear about.
However, guns in Haiti, as elsewhere, can also symbolize the abuse of power.
The only times that guns symbolize the abuse of power is when they are only in the hands of tyrants who disarmed their populations.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”