Possible New Suppressor Bill HB 2286

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Possible New Suppressor Bill HB 2286

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Rubicon wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:29 pm If y'all are OK with the Texas Republican'ts killing this bill, I'm OK with whatever federal restrictions Trump puts on silencers.

"What difference – at this point, what difference does it make?"
It’s not so much that I’m ok with Texas republicans killing the bill—I’m not—as it is that I see this bill as somewhat irrelevant so long as ATF continues to regard suppressors as firearms requiring registration rather than as a simple accessory, which is what they are.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Middle Age Russ »

I am with TAM on this. The Federal Government, with the ATF enforcing Federal laws, is what matters most regarding suppressors or other firearms/accessories mentioned in these Federal laws. I further agree that anyone who believes that the whole gamut of firearms/firearms accessories laws is Federal overreach and not in their charter as expressed in the Constitution. This is but one area where the Federal Government has overstepped its bounds to the detriment of its citizens. Until the few of us who understand this are able to effectively rouse enough others from the slumber of safety and convenience, such laws and regulations will not be repealed, leaving State law more or less irrelevant for many firearms-related issues.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

tbrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tbrown »

Meh. Either "shall not be infringed" means what it says, or the Constitution is meaningless and there's no social contract.

Your move Trump.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Annoyed Man »

tbrown wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:55 pm Meh. Either "shall not be infringed" means what it says, or the Constitution is meaningless and there's no social contract.

Your move Trump.
No argument out of me, which is why state laws in these matters are nearly irrelevant. Classifying an accessory as a "firearm", when it is plainly NOT a gun, but an accessory for a gun, is appalling dishonest to me. Using that tool, they can ban anything they want, as they did with bump stocks. Put a muffler on a lawnmower, and it’s just a muffler. Remove it and thread it onto the barrel of your .22 pistol, and it becomes a firearm—even though it’s performing the same function as it did on the lawnmower.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”