Cato, FPC File Brief in 9th Circuit Appeal on Tax Law Conviction for Machine-Gun Charge

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Cato, FPC File Brief in 9th Circuit Appeal on Tax Law Conviction for Machine-Gun Charge

Post by OneGun »

This sounds like it will make it to SCOTUS!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Soccerdad1995

Re: Cato, FPC File Brief in 9th Circuit Appeal on Tax Law Conviction for Machine-Gun Charge

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Very interesting case.

If I remember correctly, the Obamacare mandate was ruled constitutional because it was "simply a tax" and not a forced action by the government. But when the government also makes it impossible to actually pay the tax, then is it really a tax, or just a forced action?

On another note, I wonder what would happen if a person DID pay the tax to the federal government. If the government refuses to accept the payment, then just overpay your income taxes with an "other" income amount that results in enough extra tax to cover it. Maintain records showing that this payment was calculated to equal the "tax" that the government refused to let you pay in any other way.....

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

Interesting. I’d be amazed if SCOTUS took it on.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”