“Universal” Background Checks Aren’t as Universally Popular as You’ve Been Led to Believe

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

“Universal” Background Checks Aren’t as Universally Popular as You’ve Been Led to Believe

Post by Paladin »

NRA-ILA: “Universal” Background Checks Aren’t as Universally Popular as You’ve Been Led to Believe

The gun grabbers outspent the NRA by 3-or-5 to-1 and still lost at the ballot box in Maine and Nevada.

The billionaire oligarchs like Bloomberg & Buffett tried and failed to buy and lie our fundamental rights away.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

DynamicDan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: “Universal” Background Checks Aren’t as Universally Popular as You’ve Been Led to Believe

Post by DynamicDan »

Uh, we already knew that those were lies perpetrated by gun grabbers.

SQLGeek

Re: “Universal” Background Checks Aren’t as Universally Popular as You’ve Been Led to Believe

Post by SQLGeek »

UBCs weren't defeated in Nevada. I would expect that they've probably gained traction since 2016 also.
Psalm 91:2

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I am finding that people who do not own guns think there is presently no background check for most people buying one. The dumb struck look they get when they are told there already is a background check is why I believe this. The Dems have made much of the fairy tail "gun show loophole". It has given people the idea that people in mass are walking into gun shows and buying firearms with no background check. The non gun owning public is under a misconception of the entire gun buying process. The Dems are giving people the perception that it is like buying soap.

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:10 pm I am finding that people who do not own guns think there is presently no background check for most people buying one. The dumb struck look they get when they are told there already is a background check is why I believe this. The Dems have made much of the fairy tail "gun show loophole". It has given people the idea that people in mass are walking into gun shows and buying firearms with no background check. The non gun owning public is under a misconception of the entire gun buying process. The Dems are giving people the perception that it is like buying soap.
That's so true. People have no idea that the vast majority of guns sold at gun shows involve background checks. The propaganda is so thick.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Paladin wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:43 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:10 pm I am finding that people who do not own guns think there is presently no background check for most people buying one. The dumb struck look they get when they are told there already is a background check is why I believe this. The Dems have made much of the fairy tail "gun show loophole". It has given people the idea that people in mass are walking into gun shows and buying firearms with no background check. The non gun owning public is under a misconception of the entire gun buying process. The Dems are giving people the perception that it is like buying soap.
That's so true. People have no idea that the vast majority of guns sold at gun shows involve background checks. The propaganda is so thick.
I haven't been to a gun show in a couple of years now, but from what I remember, the only firearms being sold by private individuals (not licensed dealers) were mostly old revolvers and bolt action rifles. Quite a few were military surplus bolt actions like Springfields, Mausers, Arisakas, that sort of thing. I remember seeing a guy walking around the Will Rogers Center in Fort Worth with a scoped bolt-action rifle that had a sign on it saying "For Sale". All the "cool guns" like semi-automatic pistols and ARs/AKs, etc, they were all being sold by licensed dealers...who we all know make you fill out the paperwork just like buying one in a gun store.

baseballguy2001

Post by baseballguy2001 »

I had an online discussion with a gun grabber the other day about 'Universal' checks. I tried to explain, if UBC's are written in to legislation, that will end all private sales. They were very surprised to learn that privates sales don't require background checks now and in his/her opinion, they should happen immediately. The idea of due process for Red Flag legislation was equally stunning, Their idea of due process was, get the guns now, have a hearing "sometime later after they are seized". The idea of a hearing before a seizure was like speaking Latin to a non-Roman. When I explained that sometimes people lie to get an EPO, that was like saying the sky is green to this grabber. The naivete on our side, the 2A supporters is getting dangerous. The gun grabbers need to be defeated as soon as possible.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

baseballguy2001 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:36 pm I had an online discussion with a gun grabber the other day about 'Universal' checks. I tried to explain, if UBC's are written in to legislation, that will end all private sales. They were very surprised to learn that privates sales don't require background checks now and in his/her opinion, they should happen immediately. The idea of due process for Red Flag legislation was equally stunning, Their idea of due process was, get the guns now, have a hearing "sometime later after they are seized". The idea of a hearing before a seizure was like speaking Latin to a non-Roman. When I explained that sometimes people lie to get an EPO, that was like saying the sky is green to this grabber. The naivete on our side, the 2A supporters is getting dangerous. The gun grabbers need to be defeated as soon as possible.
Humans tend to be emotionally driven. I mentioned this in here before but will say it again. Americans have been known to give up their freedoms in the name of security or safety. Even if the security or safety is not based on anything real. Go back to what happened after 9/11. Americans allowed the government to run rough over the freedom of privacy. The people in power positions of government took full advantage of Americans fear of terrorism to strip us of our basic rights to privacy. Now the same people in power positions are using Americans fears to strip them of the freedom of speech, (they now call it "hate speech" and outlaw words) and the right to own firearms. It is not by accident. The people in power want only to keep their power and will do anything to help them maintain it over the people.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

very well stated
the "universal" part or word scares me..they have no definition, instead they just spew the word
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:37 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:10 pm
I haven't been to a gun show in a couple of years now, but from what I remember, the only firearms being sold by private individuals (not licensed dealers) were mostly old revolvers and bolt action rifles. Quite a few were military surplus bolt actions like Springfields, Mausers, Arisakas, that sort of thing. I remember seeing a guy walking around the Will Rogers Center in Fort Worth with a scoped bolt-action rifle that had a sign on it saying "For Sale". All the "cool guns" like semi-automatic pistols and ARs/AKs, etc, they were all being sold by licensed dealers...who we all know make you fill out the paperwork just like buying one in a gun store.
At the shows around Houston there are private sellers selling modern semi-autos as much as older stuff. Some are a bit suspicious, at every show with dozens of guns.

TexasFlash

Post by TexasFlash »

[/quote]

At the shows around Houston there are private sellers selling modern semi-autos as much as older stuff. Some are a bit suspicious, at every show with dozens of guns.
[/quote]

Good! Private individuals should be free to sell tools/cars/guns/golf clubs/etc without government involvement, barring breaking of laws. I don't believe I should be required to purchase only from retail businesses if I prefer buying from individuals. Laisse-faire.
:txflag:
Dave

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

rm9792 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:05 pm
K.Mooneyham wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:37 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:10 pm
Well, as I said, I haven't been to a show in a few years, and I live way up in North Texas. So, things might have changed, or it might be just something down there in the Houston area.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”