RePost from Galloway Precision

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 3

RePost from Galloway Precision

Post by Tex1961 »

As a supplier of firearm accessories, I've developed relationships with other suppliers around the country.... With their permission, I am reposting a statement from my friends over at Galloway Precision.

RE: PAYPAL

For those of you that still use PayPal, you should stop immediately. While in the past we were forced to use them on eBay, they shut down our payment processing and seized around $13,000 in our account saying we had violated their Acceptable Use Policy. Here's the thing, nothing we sold on eBay violated that, because well they use the blanket statement "Certain Firearm Accessories and Parts are banned from Sale". Don't tell you what parts, because then they can choose at whim what to shut down a small business for. Held our money for six months, well last week they changed their policy stating they would no longer absorb violation fees that they pay to the U.S. Government. Oh and these "violations" are $2500 a pop. They have NO ACTUAL PAPERWORK on what we violated, and refuse to give us anything. Only $2500 violation I can think of would be ITAR, and we don't ship outside of the US. So they kept our $13,000 dollars saying it was fees for violations, haven't told us what it was nor will tell us, and because of the current political climate we can even get our own Sheriff's Department to file charges. They say somewhere buried in the legalese will be clauses that they can do this. Add in that PayPal is super friendly with our current governor and they are in the same f'ing building as our state Attorney General means that money is gone forever. A few months payroll for one employee gone. Bonuses for employees gone. All highly criminal behavior, but completely legal because our illustrious Government has allowed corporations more rights than actual people. Think we were the only ones? Nope, everyones favorite grip appliqué Tractiongrips, Type 01 FFL Dealer has had their eBay account suspended, and I would guess at this point their account drained as well. Don emailed us this morning with Google Ad Sense terminating his account without ANY PRIOR VIOLATIONS OR REASON, stating it is due to a change in their policies. Wake up people, Big Brother doesn't have to ban crap, they're getting their corporate lackeys to do all the work for them.

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: RePost from Galloway Precision

Post by flechero »

While i agree pp is crap, i think they would be easily beaten in court if they were challenged... problem is they hamstring companies by stealing cash so they don't have disposable income to fight with.

I still can't believe that the NRA (or other 2A focused group) hasn't started a banking arm to address the various 2A related markets

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

flechero wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:08 am While i agree pp is crap, i think they would be easily beaten in court if they were challenged... problem is they hamstring companies by stealing cash so they don't have disposable income to fight with.

I still can't believe that the NRA (or other 2A focused group) hasn't started a banking arm to address the various 2A related markets
PayPal gets you with the find print and I would be surprised if they didn’t have fine print in their agreement protecting them, I read that story on another forum.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

flechero wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:08 am While i agree pp is crap, i think they would be easily beaten in court if they were challenged... problem is they hamstring companies by stealing cash so they don't have disposable income to fight with.

:iagree: Totally. Or even a credit union. I'd be a charter member with either.

I have heard so many horror stories with PP, I will not do business who only accepts it. If it's PP only, I simply do not buy.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

As an addendum to their post, we sell (Well, used to sell) a lot of our products on Ebay.... I have had multiple listings removed and at least 5 temporary suspensions. Trying to explain to a Ebay rep on the other side of the world that a decal is NOT an assault weapon is like... well you know what it's like.... Totally clueless..... Interestingly enough, Amazon so far has been or best platform besides our own website for selling firearm accessories... Their policy is pretty clear and as long as you follow their rules you can sell.... Of course our line is decals and grips so we're pretty safe (for now).

Mel

Post by Mel »

I have used PayPal twice in my lifetime. Got "screwed" both times. I have refused to do business with those who only accept PayPal.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Interesting. I just purchased a Mag holder and a holster (2 different companies) mand they both used PP as their Credit Card services vendor.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Maxwell wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:34 pm Interesting. I just purchased a Mag holder and a holster (2 different companies) mand they both used PP as their Credit Card services vendor.
PayPal seems to be subjective in what they consider a weapon or weapon part... Since Galloway sells springs, trigger kits ,etc... PP is probably putting them in the weapon catagory.... Accessories such as holsters, mag holders are probably considered a non firearm and as such aren't banned.... But who knows... I use PayPal on my website along with the regular Visa/MC, etc... Have never had any problems with them (so far).

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”