Ultimate Goal of Dems to repeal 2nd Amendment

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ultimate Goal of Dems to repeal 2nd Amendment

Post by Middle Age Russ »

The pesky thing about natural human rights is that regardless of Government acknowledgement -- like that enshrined in the Second Amendment -- they still exist.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

TomV

Post by TomV »

I can't find anything on judicial repeal of the constitution.

As far as I know, there is only one way the second amendment could be repealed and that is by the adoption of an amendment doing just that.

This is one reason I am opposed to a constitutional convention.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Txtension

Post by Txtension »

TomV wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:10 am I can't find anything on judicial repeal of the constitution.

As far as I know, there is only one way the second amendment could be repealed and that is by the adoption of an amendment doing just that.
Judicial repeal, isn't that kind of like "refusing to participate" in Interstate Commerce, significantly affects Interstate Commerce, and thus subjects one (everyone) to regulation (Wickard v. Filburn, 317 U.S. 111 (1942))

Or the rationale for civil asset forfeiture, based on some old backward monarchy stuff. Somehow it is permissible, under a very clear 4th and 5th amendments, which prohibits such practice. In fact weren't those amendments inspired in part because of that practice?

I learned two or three things in that US and Texas government class. Anything can be legalized with a constitutional amendment. And the guys that interpret and prosecute the law can massage any meaning they want into the law.

You see, the 2nd amendment was really about baking cakes.
The cake is a lie.
But on a serious note, it seems to be very much like Jury Nullification.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”