Violate Your Oath And Turn On American Citizens At Your Legal Peril, Gun-Grabbers

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 25268
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Violate Your Oath And Turn On American Citizens At Your Legal Peril, Gun-Grabbers

#61

Post by The Annoyed Man » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm

narcissist wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:22 pm
ScottDLS wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:06 pm
narcissist wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:51 pm
Wait until they start forcing Manufacturers of every gun made after a certain date to fire one round out of the gun. To have it logged kept with the serial number, buyers info and they will probably force us to use a FFL to transfer the gun. Which would be registration but also a way to track exactly (in their eyes) who used it in a crime. Also I bet they add even if the gun is lost or stolen you are Still responsible for whoever uses it in a crime. I believe with Class lll items you are responsible if its lost or stolen and used in a crime, Im not 100% sure even though I own a few? Paranoid thinking, cant help it :???:
Maryland already did this. It turned out to be completely useless didn’t help solve any crimes and was a colossal waste of time. It’s so easy to alter or swap the barrel. Next up, micro stamping and smart (aka dumb) guns.
Didn't realize it, ive noticed even glock now has multiple "hidden" serial numbers but makes sense what you said about not solving crimes/waste of time. I did hear about the "dumb" guns but gotta check out that micro stamping bull.
CA already passed a microstamping bill. Every year, there are fewer and fewer models of handguns which are on the CA AG's roster of guns approved for sale in the state. The roster requires that that a gun's listing be renewed periodically. As the state has added regulations that are impossible to comply with, manufacturers have gradually stopped resubmitting their pistols for the approval and addition to the roster. The microstamping bill is the last straw. As the guns come due for resubmission to the AG's office to renew their roster listing, the manufacturers are throwing in the towel.

List of guns recently removed from the CA roster: https://www.oag.ca.gov/sites/oag.ca.gov ... emoved.pdf (14 pages worth)

List of recently added guns: https://www.oag.ca.gov/sites/oag.ca.gov ... yadded.pdf (3 models)

NO Gen4 or Glocks have been approved for the roster: https://www.oag.ca.gov/firearms/certguns?make=Glock.

Only TWO models of FN pistols currently approved: https://www.oag.ca.gov/firearms/certgun ... +Nationale.

This is something worth keeping an eye on.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.


mayor
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:47 pm
Location: Wise county - N. of Fort Worth

Re: Violate Your Oath And Turn On American Citizens At Your Legal Peril, Gun-Grabbers

#62

Post by mayor » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:06 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm
narcissist wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:22 pm
ScottDLS wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:06 pm
narcissist wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:51 pm
Wait until they start forcing Manufacturers of every gun made after a certain date to fire one round out of the gun. To have it logged kept with the serial number, buyers info and they will probably force us to use a FFL to transfer the gun. Which would be registration but also a way to track exactly (in their eyes) who used it in a crime. Also I bet they add even if the gun is lost or stolen you are Still responsible for whoever uses it in a crime. I believe with Class lll items you are responsible if its lost or stolen and used in a crime, Im not 100% sure even though I own a few? Paranoid thinking, cant help it :???:
Maryland already did this. It turned out to be completely useless didn’t help solve any crimes and was a colossal waste of time. It’s so easy to alter or swap the barrel. Next up, micro stamping and smart (aka dumb) guns.
Didn't realize it, ive noticed even glock now has multiple "hidden" serial numbers but makes sense what you said about not solving crimes/waste of time. I did hear about the "dumb" guns but gotta check out that micro stamping bull.
CA already passed a microstamping bill. Every year, there are fewer and fewer models of handguns which are on the CA AG's roster of guns approved for sale in the state. The roster requires that that a gun's listing be renewed periodically. As the state has added regulations that are impossible to comply with, manufacturers have gradually stopped resubmitting their pistols for the approval and addition to the roster. The microstamping bill is the last straw. As the guns come due for resubmission to the AG's office to renew their roster listing, the manufacturers are throwing in the towel.

List of guns recently removed from the CA roster: https://www.oag.ca.gov/sites/oag.ca.gov ... emoved.pdf (14 pages worth)

List of recently added guns: https://www.oag.ca.gov/sites/oag.ca.gov ... yadded.pdf (3 models)

NO Gen4 or Glocks have been approved for the roster: https://www.oag.ca.gov/firearms/certguns?make=Glock.

Only TWO models of FN pistols currently approved: https://www.oag.ca.gov/firearms/certgun ... +Nationale.

This is something worth keeping an eye on.
A bit out dated but...
The Nation: Golden Rules; As California Goes, So Goes the Country?
https://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/21/week ... untry.html


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Violate Your Oath And Turn On American Citizens At Your Legal Peril, Gun-Grabbers

#63

Post by crazy2medic » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:24 pm

If the manufacturer's would stand as a industry, refuse all sales and repair parts to law enforcement, they could get the State of California to repeal this stupidity! But because for some makers their ox isn't being gored so they go along with this garbage!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 25268
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Violate Your Oath And Turn On American Citizens At Your Legal Peril, Gun-Grabbers

#64

Post by The Annoyed Man » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:27 pm

crazy2medic wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:24 pm
If the manufacturer's would stand as a industry, refuse all sales and repair parts to law enforcement, they could get the State of California to repeal this stupidity! But because for some makers their ox isn't being gored so they go along with this garbage!
But some do. When CA banned .50 BMG rifles, several police department SWAT teams had Barrett .50s out for repairs to the factory. Ronnie Barrett told them that he would not ship the repaired rifles back to their departments of ownership, because the California law didn’t make allowances for shipping .50 cals to PDs. He made the affected departments send a police officer to the factory to retrieve their repaired rifles. There’s a reason why Gen3 Glocks are the only ones left on the roster. Glock has abandoned the market. When those Gen3 guns drop off the roster, Glock's probably not going to try and renew those listings. They’re in the business of making new Gen4 and Gen5 guns. They’re not going to keep manufacturing Gen3s for a state that doesn’t really want them there. Plus, when it’s time for roster renewal, the Gen3 guns won’t qualify because they don’t offer microstamping. Heck, even revolvers have been dropped off the roster. Look at how many S&Ws and Sigs and Tauruses and Springfields and FNs have been dropped.

The state's goal is to eliminate handgun imports as much as possible, and they are succeeding.

Under the current state of the law there, if I were to temporarily travel to CA with my Gen 4 G19, I’d be legal so long as I had it stoked with CA-legal 10-round mags. But if I were to move back there (not bloody likely), I’d have to sell that gun before moving because I couldn’t bring it into the state on a permanent basis. OTH, so long as the Gen3s remain on the roster, I could trade my Gen4 for someone's Gen3 gun, and import that....so long as I only brought in 10-round mags for it. But once the Gen3s fall off the roster, I wouldn’t be able to bring ANY of my Glocks into the state if I was moving back there.

So effectively, California is not only slow-banning the import of virtually all handguns, but they are also discouraging the immigration of handgun owners from other states. For CA, it’s a win win situation. They get to get rid of guns, AND they get to filter out new residents who don’t fit their preferences.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.


K.Mooneyham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 2017
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:27 pm
Location: Vernon, Texas

Re: Violate Your Oath And Turn On American Citizens At Your Legal Peril, Gun-Grabbers

#65

Post by K.Mooneyham » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:38 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:27 pm
crazy2medic wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:24 pm
If the manufacturer's would stand as a industry, refuse all sales and repair parts to law enforcement, they could get the State of California to repeal this stupidity! But because for some makers their ox isn't being gored so they go along with this garbage!
But some do. When CA banned .50 BMG rifles, several police department SWAT teams had Barrett .50s out for repairs to the factory. Ronnie Barrett told them that he would not ship the repaired rifles back to their departments of ownership, because the California law didn’t make allowances for shipping .50 cals to PDs. He made the affected departments send a police officer to the factory to retrieve their repaired rifles. There’s a reason why Gen3 Glocks are the only ones left on the roster. Glock has abandoned the market. When those Gen3 guns drop off the roster, Glock's probably not going to try and renew those listings. They’re in the business of making new Gen4 and Gen5 guns. They’re not going to keep manufacturing Gen3s for a state that doesn’t really want them there. Plus, when it’s time for roster renewal, the Gen3 guns won’t qualify because they don’t offer microstamping. Heck, even revolvers have been dropped off the roster. Look at how many S&Ws and Sigs and Tauruses and Springfields and FNs have been dropped.

The state's goal is to eliminate handgun imports as much as possible, and they are succeeding.

Under the current state of the law there, if I were to temporarily travel to CA with my Gen 4 G19, I’d be legal so long as I had it stoked with CA-legal 10-round mags. But if I were to move back there (not bloody likely), I’d have to sell that gun before moving because I couldn’t bring it into the state on a permanent basis. OTH, so long as the Gen3s remain on the roster, I could trade my Gen4 for someone's Gen3 gun, and import that....so long as I only brought in 10-round mags for it. But once the Gen3s fall off the roster, I wouldn’t be able to bring ANY of my Glocks into the state if I was moving back there.

So effectively, California is not only slow-banning the import of virtually all handguns, but they are also discouraging the immigration of handgun owners from other states. For CA, it’s a win win situation. They get to get rid of guns, AND they get to filter out new residents who don’t fit their preferences.
Well, once all handguns can no longer be sold there, it should be a "utopian paradise", right? No more crimes with firearms, ever? All the children will hold hands and sing "The Internationale"!

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 8456
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Violate Your Oath And Turn On American Citizens At Your Legal Peril, Gun-Grabbers

#66

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:54 pm

What concerns me the most is not what is done in the near term. It is what will happen in 2024 and beyond. I feel Republicans can hold power, if they don't do something stupid by passing a gun ban. But at some point the Democrats will probably gain power and when they do, we are going to have a very big problem.

User avatar

narcissist
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:09 am

Re: Violate Your Oath And Turn On American Citizens At Your Legal Peril, Gun-Grabbers

#67

Post by narcissist » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:49 pm

K.Mooneyham wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:38 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:27 pm
crazy2medic wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:24 pm
If the manufacturer's would stand as a industry, refuse all sales and repair parts to law enforcement, they could get the State of California to repeal this stupidity! But because for some makers their ox isn't being gored so they go along with this garbage!
But some do. When CA banned .50 BMG rifles, several police department SWAT teams had Barrett .50s out for repairs to the factory. Ronnie Barrett told them that he would not ship the repaired rifles back to their departments of ownership, because the California law didn’t make allowances for shipping .50 cals to PDs. He made the affected departments send a police officer to the factory to retrieve their repaired rifles. There’s a reason why Gen3 Glocks are the only ones left on the roster. Glock has abandoned the market. When those Gen3 guns drop off the roster, Glock's probably not going to try and renew those listings. They’re in the business of making new Gen4 and Gen5 guns. They’re not going to keep manufacturing Gen3s for a state that doesn’t really want them there. Plus, when it’s time for roster renewal, the Gen3 guns won’t qualify because they don’t offer microstamping. Heck, even revolvers have been dropped off the roster. Look at how many S&Ws and Sigs and Tauruses and Springfields and FNs have been dropped.

The state's goal is to eliminate handgun imports as much as possible, and they are succeeding.

Under the current state of the law there, if I were to temporarily travel to CA with my Gen 4 G19, I’d be legal so long as I had it stoked with CA-legal 10-round mags. But if I were to move back there (not bloody likely), I’d have to sell that gun before moving because I couldn’t bring it into the state on a permanent basis. OTH, so long as the Gen3s remain on the roster, I could trade my Gen4 for someone's Gen3 gun, and import that....so long as I only brought in 10-round mags for it. But once the Gen3s fall off the roster, I wouldn’t be able to bring ANY of my Glocks into the state if I was moving back there.

So effectively, California is not only slow-banning the import of virtually all handguns, but they are also discouraging the immigration of handgun owners from other states. For CA, it’s a win win situation. They get to get rid of guns, AND they get to filter out new residents who don’t fit their preferences.
Well, once all handguns can no longer be sold there, it should be a "utopian paradise", right? No more crimes with firearms, ever? All the children will hold hands and sing "The Internationale"!
Your post had me cracking up by the way! (K.Mooneyham) "rlol" . As far as the talk about the California info, I understand it and im sure most everyone on this forun does. The people like (democratic party) that has no clue to what you said or can not Comprehend it at all! They for some reason do not believe in the Constitution at all anymore. Ive heard many of these idiots State "it is out dated". What does that mean in their eyes? Does it mean men who were Truly Smarter then myself and at least died for what they believed in, No Longer Matters??

With all seriousness all the people who do Not believe in every Word of the Constitution and the Bill Of Rights, need to take a trip to somewhere like North Korea for only one day at least. Rather it be longer (maybe forever) but then let them come back and then see what they have to say about FREEDOM and RESPECT.

I know most of you have been out of the country and have seen how bad it can be Example: military/ex-military or even security contractors ect. You all know the point im trying to make, all I can say is Thank God I'm a American and we still have the right as of now to protect ourselves as we see fit.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Post Reply

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”