Sam's Club Requiring ID Card At Door Again

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
rotor
Posts in topic: 5

Sam's Club Requiring ID Card At Door Again

Post by rotor »

Went to my local (Wichita Falls) Sam's club yesterday and they have a big sign on the doors now requiring your ID card for entrance. They have not required this for years. So I asked the guy at the door, a nice handicapped guy, "what's up?". "Since the shooting down south they now require this" he said. So I asked "if that would prevent a person from shooting up the store?" More rhetorical than anything. Wasn't going to argue with him as he was just working the doors. At least no 30.06/07 signs.

So stupid policy that does nothing to prevent a problem is back. Now realize that by law you can use the pharmacy at Sam's and Costco without a membership, all you have to do is say you are going to the pharmacy. Corporate stupidity going on here at the highest level. Come up with a solution that does absolutely nothing. Like gun control.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Sam's Club Requiring ID Card At Door Again

Post by Grayling813 »

The wife and I noticed that Tuesday night when we went to Sam's in Mansfield. Just figured they suddenly realized that they were supposed to be checking membership cards at the door. Seems like its been two or three years since anyone asked when we went in the door.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

I have a Sams card from years ago that's expired. I assume that will get me in, since there's no date on it?
We do Costco now. Costco has a similar silly policy of having to show your card at the door.

:confused5
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Apparently they believe a sign stops crazy people! This is called CORPORATE STUPIDITY! A group of people sitting behind a large table in a board room used their collective IQ to decide that a sign or a small plastic card will stop a lunatic from killing innocent people! If you have ever seen the movie "Idiocracy" well we are there!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

RoyGBiv wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:41 am I have a Sams card from years ago that's expired. I assume that will get me in, since there's no date on it?
We do Costco now. Costco has a similar silly policy of having to show your card at the door.

:confused5
The funny thing is most of the time the person checking at Costco doesn't even seem to care.
Psalm 91:2

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

crazy2medic wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:43 am Apparently they believe a sign stops crazy people! This is called CORPORATE STUPIDITY! A group of people sitting behind a large table in a board room used their collective IQ to decide that a sign or a small plastic card will stop a lunatic from killing innocent people! If you have ever seen the movie "Idiocracy" well we are there!
Yup seen it and you sir are right on the money. My wife and I always joke about how the world seams to be headed that way. Soon forced inplants in babies/adults with tracking and listening capabilities. Just Hope we all Stand together if it ever comes to that, same with the 2a!
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

If you have ever seen the movie "Idiocracy" well we are there!

Joe: For the last time, I'm pretty sure what's killing the crops is this Brawndo stuff.
Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:44 pm If you have ever seen the movie "Idiocracy" well we are there!

Joe: For the last time, I'm pretty sure what's killing the crops is this Brawndo stuff.
Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes.

SIA
Well, I've never seen no plants grow out of no toilet

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 7

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

These people are not stupid. They know there is ZERO way to prevent an armed shooter from killing people in their stores. The goal is to APPEAR like they are doing something.

Topic author
rotor

Post by rotor »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:06 pm These people are not stupid. They know there is ZERO way to prevent an armed shooter from killing people in their stores. The goal is to APPEAR like they are doing something.
Actually there is a way, they could hire armed guards with sub machine guns at each door instead of handicapped guys in wheelchairs. Technically that might work, asking me for my ID doesn't work and the poor guy working the door sure couldn't stop anyone. Corporate stupidity as someone mentioned.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 7

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

rotor wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:09 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:06 pm These people are not stupid. They know there is ZERO way to prevent an armed shooter from killing people in their stores. The goal is to APPEAR like they are doing something.
Actually there is a way, they could hire armed guards with sub machine guns at each door instead of handicapped guys in wheelchairs. Technically that might work, asking me for my ID doesn't work and the poor guy working the door sure couldn't stop anyone. Corporate stupidity as someone mentioned.
That was my point. Asking for ID won't stop anything and the people in charge know it won't stop anything. The ID check is for window dressing so they can appear to be doing something.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

rotor wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:09 pm
That may or may not actually prevent a mass-shooting, but it certainly would not be commercially feasible. Many customers, including me, would not walk in if they thought that level of security was warranted.

Chas.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

They should just put up a big sign that says "Killing people is not allowed". That will stop all shootings.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chasfm11 »

Oh, you mean like TSA? :biggrinjester:
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

^^^^

Which suggests they are counting on their customer base to be so 'stupid' as to accept/believe it! And maybe they are.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”