Red Flaw Order gone south in New York

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 3

Red Flaw Order gone south in New York

Post by PriestTheRunner »

At a minimum, 7 hour standoff today.

Red Flag Raid was over 30rd mags, no firearm involved (according to some).

Tons of conflicting info. It appears any media picking it up is going to label him as a PTSD and spousal abuser. We'll see what mainstream media makes of it.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/new-y ... ainst-him/

Topic author
PriestTheRunner

Re: Red Flaw Order gone south in New York

Per Law Enforcement:

"Press Release -Town of Carmel Police Department

On 11/23/2019 at approximately 2:19 PM, a member of the Town of Carmel Police Department was in the area of 50 Putnam Drive investigating a prior domestic incident involving the 28 year old resident Alexander Booth. The officer hearing what he believed to be a gunshot come from the residence requested backup. When additional officers arrived Mr. Booth was observed in his doorway acting in an agitated state before returning inside his garage apartment and barricading himself. As a safety precaution officers evacuated the neighboring houses and alerted the Putnam County Emergency Response Team and Negotiation Team.
Negotiators made contact with Mr. Booth and after six hours of discussion they were successful in convincing him to surrender without incident. Thanks to their tireless efforts no civilians or police were harmed.

Alexander Booth was subsequently arrested on a felony warrant issued by Town Justice Jacobellis stemming from the previous domestic incident. Mr. Booth was charged with Penal Law 140.25 Burglary 2nd Degree a class C felony; 140.15 Criminal Trespass a class A misdemeanor; 215.50 Criminal Contempt 2nd degree a class A misdemeanor; 240.30 Aggravated Harassment 2nd degree a class A misdemeanor; 155.25 Petit Larceny a class A misdemeanor. He was arraignment in Carmel Town Justice Court.

At the conclusion of this incident NO weapons or ammunition feeding devises were found or seized, despite numerous false social media posts to the contrary.
The Town of Carmel Police Department was assisted by the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office and the Westchester County Department of Public Safety’s Special Response and Negotiation Teams."

"SOCIAL MEDIA INFORMATION RE: RED FLAG LAW PROTESTS

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has been inundated with calls and social media messages from citizens expressing concern about a police response in the Town of Carmel. The incident was widely reported to be a law enforcement effort to seize firearms under “Red Flag” laws. This information is incorrect. The law enforcement response and subsequent arrest was related to a domestic violence investigation. The citizen involved is safe and in police custody.

The incredibly high volume of phone calls, emails and social media messages has overwhelmed our systems and shutdown our ability to communicate with our community. While we respect the right of all citizens to inquire about law enforcement activity, we urge you to respect the needs of our community and restore our ability to serve them. Thank you."

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SewTexas »

I was watching several different FB pages through the incident, then reading them this morning....
I've got to admit, I'm still confused....

my thinking is that there were lots of problems on both sides.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

imkopaka
Posts in topic: 2

Post by imkopaka »

My understanding was it was initially reported as a red flag issue, but was actually a domestic violence issue and they were coming not to confiscate anything but to arrest him. I also understood that it turned into a standoff because he was drunk off his heinie.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

imkopaka wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:40 pm My understanding was it was initially reported as a red flag issue, but was actually a domestic violence issue and they were coming not to confiscate anything but to arrest him. I also understood that it turned into a standoff because he was drunk off his heinie.
I read the standoff ended without injury or loss of life.

Good Ending to a domestic violence incident.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2019/11/2 ... nt-outcry/

Standoff with veterans and police sparks 2nd Amendment outcry.

I first read about this as the police heard a gunshot from in the house, when they were in the neighborhood on an unrelated matter.

I’m trying to find that.

Topic author
PriestTheRunner

Police have issued three different press releases now, and have deleted all of them in turn.

His booking online only lists Burglary, not any other the other alleged felonious charges stated in press releases are anywhere on his documents...

I really don't like the optics on this. You would think with how close this forum followed the Harding Street Raid, that we would realize that there are in fact bad departments and bad cops out there, and that a citizen's word vs police's word should be even until evidence is presented one way or another.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

The whole thing seems confusing to me, time will tell what happened.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

imkopaka
Posts in topic: 2

Post by imkopaka »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:15 pm Police have issued three different press releases now, and have deleted all of them in turn.

His booking online only lists Burglary, not any other the other alleged felonious charges stated in press releases are anywhere on his documents...

I really don't like the optics on this. You would think with how close this forum followed the Harding Street Raid, that we would realize that there are in fact bad departments and bad cops out there, and that a citizen's word vs police's word should be even until evidence is presented one way or another.
I think a big part of the response you're seeing is coming from the guy being drunk in the images during the standoff. Makes his word (at least at that moment) less credible than the police's IMO. Furthermore the fact that it was played up as a red flag issue yet the police said multiple times they didn't take any weapons or related items (and no one has contradicted this) makes their story even more valid.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”