Keep an eye on Virginia

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

Paladin
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2909
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:02 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Keep an eye on Virginia

#91

Post by Paladin » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:14 am

von Clausewitz wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:53 am
HB 961, the assault weapon ban, has been tabled by the VA senate, till the next session of the legislature...and referred to the VA Crime Commission for study...
Thank God. I was afraid they were all madmen like Northam.
NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, GOA Life Member, VCDL Member
Texas State Guard


Nuts
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:47 pm

Re: Keep an eye on Virginia

#92

Post by Nuts » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:05 am

Paladin wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:14 am
madmen
They are madmen but, not totally stupid. They are just letting the outrage to die down, then they will try to sneak it through later.


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 10831
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Keep an eye on Virginia

#93

Post by philip964 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:51 am


User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 8875
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Keep an eye on Virginia

#94

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:10 pm

Now George Soros will withdraw their election funding and they will be punished. The only hope is to try and get pro gun republicans back in control. It is a slim hope as even some republicans worry me.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 25508
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Keep an eye on Virginia

#95

Post by The Annoyed Man » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:38 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/17/politics ... 00PMVODtop
Virginia assault weapons ban stalls in state Senate
Washington (CNN)A bill that would have banned assault or military-style weapons in Virginia failed to pass the state Senate Monday after some Democrats joined with Republicans to vote it down in committee.

The Senate Judiciary Committee voted 10-5 to study the impact of HB 961 rather than pass it and will instead revisit the matter next year, according to bill sponsor Del. Mark Levine.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

Lynyrd
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1450
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:20 am
Location: East Texas

Re: Keep an eye on Virginia

#96

Post by Lynyrd » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:20 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:38 pm
https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/17/politics ... 00PMVODtop
Virginia assault weapons ban stalls in state Senate
Washington (CNN)A bill that would have banned assault or military-style weapons in Virginia failed to pass the state Senate Monday after some Democrats joined with Republicans to vote it down in committee.

The Senate Judiciary Committee voted 10-5 to study the impact of HB 961 rather than pass it and will instead revisit the matter next year, according to bill sponsor Del. Mark Levine.
For a rare moment, some democrats found some sanity. However, I do not trust that they will stand against the onslaught that will come their way.
Do what you say you're gonna do.


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 10831
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Keep an eye on Virginia

#97

Post by philip964 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:54 pm

NPR was going big on this today.

Had someone whose daughter was murdered in the Virginia Tech mass shooting on their broadcast to say a few sound bites about how she could not believe that the few dems switched sides to allow mass shootings to continue in Virginia.

This was about assault weapons and normal capacity magazines. Her daughter was illegally murdered with an ordinary handgun, IN A GUN FREE ZONE.

"In 2011, Virginia Tech was fined by the U.S. Department of Education for failing to issue a prompt campus-wide warning after Cho shot his first two victims. "


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 10831
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Keep an eye on Virginia

#98

Post by philip964 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:04 pm

https://news.yahoo.com/supreme-court-to ... 51394.html

Virginia passes a no life sentence without parole.

The younger DC Sniper therefore will be released from prison in 2022 for killing 4 people 15 years ago.
Last edited by philip964 on Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 8875
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Keep an eye on Virginia

#99

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:09 pm

philip964 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:04 pm
https://news.yahoo.com/supreme-court-to ... 51394.html

Virginia passes a no life sentence without parole.

The younger DC Sniper therefore will be released from prison in 2022.
They figure they can keep him from killing more people by implementing stricter gun laws. I simply cannot figure out how a leftist mind works. Or even if their mind does work. What kind of complete idiot puts a person who has already proven they will intentionally kill people, back on the street so he can do it again.


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 10831
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Keep an eye on Virginia

#100

Post by philip964 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:36 pm

philip964 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:04 pm
https://news.yahoo.com/supreme-court-to ... 51394.html

Virginia passes a no life sentence without parole.

The younger DC Sniper therefore will be released from prison in 2022 for killing 4 people 15 years ago.
https://news.yahoo.com/sniper-lee-malvo ... 29975.html

He’s now a married man.

Post Reply

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”