State of the union 2020

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton


Grayling813
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: State of the union 2020

#31

Post by Grayling813 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:18 pm

Image
Keep asking the question, “Cui bono?” (For whose benefit?)
“Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.”
~ Henry David Thoreau


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 11447
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: State of the union 2020

#32

Post by philip964 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:44 pm

There is a new internet thing out there.

“Send Nancy a New Copy”

Gives her two addresses and a link where to get a copy of the speech.


Grayling813
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: State of the union 2020

#33

Post by Grayling813 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:19 pm

philip964 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:44 pm
There is a new internet thing out there.

“Send Nancy a New Copy”

Gives her two addresses and a link where to get a copy of the speech.
I don't engage with crazy people, and Pelosi is certifiably nuts.
Keep asking the question, “Cui bono?” (For whose benefit?)
“Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.”
~ Henry David Thoreau

User avatar

JustSomeOldGuy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1262
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:49 am

Re: State of the union 2020

#34

Post by JustSomeOldGuy » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:07 pm

puma guy wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:56 am
Did anyone else notice Nancy Pelosi's crystal bar set as opposed to Mike Pence's simple glass of water? Very interesting why there appears to be three decanters. Wonder what they might contain.
I suppose it's too much to hope, that one of them is hemlock...... "rlol"
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver


treadlightly
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1333
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: State of the union 2020

#35

Post by treadlightly » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:48 pm

philip964 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:44 pm
There is a new internet thing out there.

“Send Nancy a New Copy”

Gives her two addresses and a link where to get a copy of the speech.
Ha! I had the same idea. Once again, I wasn't very original, but I think I might do it.

Tearing up a state of the union speech, a thing mandated in the Constitution, is at least tearing up a bit of American history. I can also see an argument for saying it's a little like burning the flag.

Personally, I was inspired. When he mentioned the Second Amendment, the hair stood up on my arms (and then again when he said America would plant a flag on Mars).

Since Reagan's first state of the union, I have tried to hear every one, and I have a personal ritual of American freedom I always practice. I like to respectfully and carefully clean a firearm while I watch and listen.

Last night, my Kimber got a good therapeutic scrubbing and my lever guns got a wipe-down. USA! USA! USA! :txflag:


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1868
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: State of the union 2020

#36

Post by TreyHouston » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:06 pm

puma guy wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:56 am
Did anyone else notice Nancy Pelosi's crystal bar set as opposed to Mike Pence's simple glass of water? Very interesting why there appears to be three decanters. Wonder what they might contain.
I had to find a picture and look for myself. Yep, you are correct. 3 silver containers on a silver tray... weird
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 11447
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: State of the union 2020

#37

Post by philip964 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:52 pm

treadlightly wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:48 pm
philip964 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:44 pm
There is a new internet thing out there.

“Send Nancy a New Copy”

Gives her two addresses and a link where to get a copy of the speech.

Since Reagan's first state of the union, I have tried to hear every one, and I have a personal ritual of American freedom I always practice. I like to respectfully and carefully clean a firearm while I watch and listen.

Last night, my Kimber got a good therapeutic scrubbing and my lever guns got a wipe-down. USA! USA! USA! :txflag:
Awesome tradition!!

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 6572
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: State of the union 2020

#38

Post by Pawpaw » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:18 pm

One thing really stood out to me last night...

His previous SOU addresses, while very good were liberally peppered with "I did this" and "I did that". It almost seemed there was a danger of breaking his arm from patting himself on the back.

Last night was much more subdued, using "we did this" and giving (or at least sharing) credit with others much more often. He sounded much less narcissistic. I think it was a much better look for him.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 25652
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: State of the union 2020

#39

Post by The Annoyed Man » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:37 pm

RPBrown wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:01 am
I had to laugh at all of the dumbocrat women wearing white. Kind of looked like I had gone to ministry trip at a Texas prison. All of the prisoners except trustees, wear all white.
• Give me Liberty or I'll get up and get it myself.
• I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.
• My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.
• Independent Minarchist.


Grayling813
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: State of the union 2020

#40

Post by Grayling813 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:49 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:37 pm
RPBrown wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:01 am
I had to laugh at all of the dumbocrat women wearing white. Kind of looked like I had gone to ministry trip at a Texas prison. All of the prisoners except trustees, wear all white.
What a group of privileged wealthy women claiming something they are not.
Keep asking the question, “Cui bono?” (For whose benefit?)
“Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.”
~ Henry David Thoreau


striker55
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 747
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:27 am
Location: Katy, TX

Re: State of the union 2020

#41

Post by striker55 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:59 am

Pelosi can go sit in a sandbox and cry, what a disgrace.

User avatar

Paladin
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3022
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:02 pm
Location: DFW

Re: State of the union 2020

#42

Post by Paladin » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:54 am

Keith B wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:50 pm
Maybe she’s updating her resume.... :lol:
After the impeachment failure, Joe Biden taking 4th place in the primary, and the SOTU2020... Nancy knows in her heart the establishment democrats are finished... and she'll be out of power soon, so she moved quickly to destroy the evidence of her crimes :biggrinjester:

What was amazing to me was that so many of the Dems looked genuinely depressed that a record number of American's are now employed. Their reaction to Trump's speech clearly demonstrated to every American that watched it that the Democrats are the party of power hungry imperialists who simply want to buy votes with taxpayer money other government favors. All too many Dems chose NOT to celebrate America's success and do not support the US Constitution, as seen by their reaction to Trump's statement of support of the 2nd Amendment. My hats off the the Dems that did celebrate America's success. Power obsessed America haters are a cancer to this nation.
NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, GOA Life Member, VCDL Member

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 6350
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: State of the union 2020

#43

Post by puma guy » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:25 pm

treadlightly wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:48 pm
philip964 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:44 pm
There is a new internet thing out there.

“Send Nancy a New Copy”

Gives her two addresses and a link where to get a copy of the speech.
Ha! I had the same idea. Once again, I wasn't very original, but I think I might do it.

Tearing up a state of the union speech, a thing mandated in the Constitution, is at least tearing up a bit of American history. I can also see an argument for saying it's a little like burning the flag.

Personally, I was inspired. When he mentioned the Second Amendment, the hair stood up on my arms (and then again when he said America would plant a flag on Mars).

Since Reagan's first state of the union, I have tried to hear every one, and I have a personal ritual of American freedom I always practice. I like to respectfully and carefully clean a firearm while I watch and listen.

Last night, my Kimber got a good therapeutic scrubbing and my lever guns got a wipe-down. USA! USA! USA! :txflag:
:thumbs2:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Post Reply

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”