Bill regulating assault weapons passes Virginia House

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Bill regulating assault weapons passes Virginia House

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://wset.com/news/at-the-capitol/bil ... inia-house
"This is a compromise that takes into account folk's concerns and is still a good bill that will help reduce mass murders in the commonwealth," said Del. Mark Levine, a Democrat sponsoring the legislation. "This bill will save lives."
Despicable liar.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

flechero

Re: Bill regulating assault weapons passes Virginia House

Post by flechero »

If they jam this through after the massive 2a protests, it will embolden dems everywhere to run it like house impeachment..... and the backlash could be MUCH worse.

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

flechero wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:39 pm If they jam this through after the massive 2a protests, it will embolden dems everywhere to run it like house impeachment..... and the backlash could be MUCH worse.
It is well past time for politicians to weather some SEVERE backlash.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

flechero

Post by flechero »

OldCurlyWolf wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:14 pm
flechero wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:39 pm If they jam this through after the massive 2a protests, it will embolden dems everywhere to run it like house impeachment..... and the backlash could be MUCH worse.
It is well past time for politicians to weather some SEVERE backlash.
While you are correct, I was concerned about our 2A brethren that would resist the tyranny.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

The impending civil war seems to approach faster and faster every day.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:29 pm http://wset.com/news/at-the-capitol/bil ... inia-house
"This is a compromise that takes into account folk's concerns and is still a good bill that will help reduce mass murders in the commonwealth," said Del. Mark Levine, a Democrat sponsoring the legislation. "This bill will save lives."
Despicable liar.
It seems obvious that's what "Democrat" means.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

imkopaka

Post by imkopaka »

Militia groups are preparing a civil response, prepping for...less civil responses.

Oath Keepers Facebook Page (Official)
Oath Keepers wrote:Critical update from Oath Keepers National leadership team in Virginia. Discussing assault weapons ban/registration passing VA House and the growing county and town resistance, including militia musters meant to begin the process of establishing county militia units.

Oath Keepers is advising county Tea Party leaders and other groups on model resolutions they can encourage county Board of Supervisors to pass, expressing county support for the establishment of independent militia companies, established by military veterans but open to all residents who are loyal to the Constitution.

We are also continuing to reach out to Sheriff Departments, urging them to also form up large Sheriff posse and reserve deputy units.

We will publish a draft resolution within the next couple of days along with recommended unit organizational structure, based on our military experience coupled with our extensive experience in natural disaster relief.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I am confused now. Are there now two threads concerning the Virginia assault weapons ban? I am not sure which one to post a response in. :oops:

imkopaka

Post by imkopaka »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:45 pm I am confused now. Are there now two threads concerning the Virginia assault weapons ban? I am not sure which one to post a response in. :oops:
The other one was more of a general "stuff is happening there," while this one is more specifically about this particular bill. The other has been active for a while and has followed the protests and whatnot.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:45 pm I am confused now.
Yes, we know. "rlol"

Sorry. The devil made me do it. :smilelol5:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

imkopaka wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:38 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:45 pm I am confused now. Are there now two threads concerning the Virginia assault weapons ban? I am not sure which one to post a response in. :oops:
The other one was more of a general "stuff is happening there," while this one is more specifically about this particular bill. The other has been active for a while and has followed the protests and whatnot.
Should I start a new thread about the suppressor part of the bill. Post it on the existing thread or post it here on this thread?

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

"And just like that, Virginia House Democrats vote to make millions of Virginians surrender their property or become criminals,"
It’s ok. It’s just a piece of plastic, not the actual gun. Besides, we let another leader in Washington do this exact thing to us on a different piece of plastic on our ARs.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”