Will Truckers and WuFlu get us federal reciprocal CCL?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Will Truckers and WuFlu get us federal reciprocal CCL?

Post by philip964 »

https://transportationnation.com/trucki ... ate-lines/

Truckers are now realized as essential to the country.

They are now having to travel and work in unpredictable times, situations and locations due to the WuFlu.

They need to be able to have licensed concealed carry across state lines with out risk of arrest.

You go guys.

flechero

Re: Will Truckers and WuFlu get us federal reciprocal CCL?

Post by flechero »

philip964 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:05 pm https://transportationnation.com/trucki ... ate-lines/

They are now having to travel and work in unpredictable times, situations and locations due to the WuFlu.

They need to be able to have licensed concealed carry across state lines with out risk of arrest.

You go guys.
Park 'em all for one day (to show they are serious) next week and this gets done. :patriot:

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

flechero wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:25 pm
philip964 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:05 pm https://transportationnation.com/trucki ... ate-lines/

You go guys.
Park 'em all for one day (to show they are serious) next week and this gets done. :patriot:
I doubt it. The details haven't been very forthcoming but Fox News said this morning that the $2T package that is coming had the Democrats wanting to use it to fund their entire agenda. This is exactly the kind of crisis that they normally try to exploit as they did the 2008 financial crisis and they are not about to give up one of their key selling points in their agenda - gun control - even in the face of a supply chain closure. They and the media would blame it on the Republicans just like they do the budget shut downs.

National reciprocity poses an existential to the whole Democratic agenda. They will not be able to contain the citizens in CA,WA, NY,NJ, MD on their current gun control laws if you and I get to carry in those States because of our Texas LTC. If anything passed, it would be like the court solution on the Corps of Engineers land - very narrow and limited to people with a CDL or other such qualifier.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

parabelum
Posts in topic: 2

Post by parabelum »

When I drove a truck 18 yrs ago we were not allowed to have a gun in commercial vehicle period. Not sure if that has changed.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

parabelum wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:53 am When I drove a truck 18 yrs ago we were not allowed to have a gun in commercial vehicle period. Not sure if that has changed.
Well, it depends. You have to comply with all the laws in the states you travel through. as well as the terminals you are stopping at. You can basically go anywhere you can take your POV. Of course your employer may apply further restrictions
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

parabelum wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:53 am When I drove a truck 18 yrs ago we were not allowed to have a gun in commercial vehicle period. Not sure if that has changed.
There was no Federal law in 2002 nor today that prohibited carry by CDL drivers. If there were what were the parameters? Only 18 wheelers? Interstate cargo only (this would be the only place where the feds have jurisdiction)? Go to all the trucker sites and look it up. They pretty much universally say there is no federal law related to this. And none references a change in 2002 or later that allowed it.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

We don't need a law saying we can, we need the courts to rule against the laws that say we can't.

I am a fan of letting people deal with the consequences of their actions in the meantime though. Instead of shutting everyone down, how about, "Sorry, I couldn't take my truck into your state because I had a handgun and a semi-automatic rifle in it."

Jeff

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

ScottDLS wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:23 am
There was no Federal law in 2002 nor today that prohibited carry by CDL drivers. If there were what were the parameters? Only 18 wheelers? Interstate cargo only (this would be the only place where the feds have jurisdiction)? Go to all the trucker sites and look it up. They pretty much universally say there is no federal law related to this. And none references a change in 2002 or later that allowed it.
We were not prohibited by the Feds, but at the time I couldn’t find a company to work for that would allow. Owner Operators of course have bit more freedom.

Nuts

Post by Nuts »

Back in the mid 90’s, when I was driving, all the drivers I knew had a firearm of some sort in their truck.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

parabelum wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:48 am
ScottDLS wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:23 am
We were not prohibited by the Feds, but at the time I couldn’t find a company to work for that would allow. Owner Operators of course have bit more freedom.
That does not surprise me at all, I doubt many current companies allow it now either, but they also can't throw you in jail for it either, though you could get fired. If I were an O/O I would do it where legal.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”