Kenosha Wisconsin Shooter discussion

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

C-dub
Posts in topic: 13

Re: Kenosha Wisconsin Shooter discussion

Post by C-dub »

I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

rtschl
Posts in topic: 52

Post by rtschl »

Shannon Bream just announced on Fox News Special report that Kyle Rittenhouse will be on Tucker Carlson's show on Monday in an exclusive interview.
Ron
NRA Member

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 26

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I will sleep very well knowing the two dead scum bags were taken from this earth before they could do further damage to society. Kyle deserves an award of accomodation ridding us all of these two. But hey, that's just my feelings on dead scum bags. https://www.wisconsinrightnow.com/2021/ ... -shooting/

rtschl
Posts in topic: 52

Post by rtschl »

Tucker's show is on fire tonight. And here's a preview of Monday:

Ron
NRA Member

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 9

Post by chasfm11 »

Just when I didn't think that this situation could get any more bizarre and distorted, I watched the protest of the trial on Brooklyn, NY as broadcast on Fox News. In the front ranks of the protestors behind the Fox reporter where two individuals carrying flag of Palestine. I've felt from the beginning that this case was co-oped for political reasons. Now they have taken even that to a new level. Palestine....Rittenhouse - how do you connect those dots?
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 18

Post by powerboatr »

chasfm11 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:24 pm Just when I didn't think that this situation could get any more bizarre and distorted, I watched the protest of the trial on Brooklyn, NY as broadcast on Fox News. In the front ranks of the protestors behind the Fox reporter where two individuals carrying flag of Palestine. I've felt from the beginning that this case was co-oped for political reasons. Now they have taken even that to a new level. Palestine....Rittenhouse - how do you connect those dots?
look at the squad in the house, 3 of them are pro palenstine and anti america .
i think folks are so devoid of moral fiber and brains that they believe any insane thing that is said by insane leaders .
its nuts
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Rafe
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Rafe »

On Tucker tonight:

“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 3

Post by J.R.@A&M »

Post-trial, I am mostly agreeing with this perspective: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... el/620715/ . Easy for me to say since I had no property at risk from rioting arsonists. But that is one more reason I wouldn't want an armed teenager there, either.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Keith B wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:53 am Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Charlie

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

J.R.@A&M wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:26 am Post-trial, I am mostly agreeing with this perspective: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... el/620715/ . Easy for me to say since I had no property at risk from rioting arsonists. But that is one more reason I wouldn't want an armed teenager there, either.
OK. I'll take the devil's advocate role and say that I completely disagree with the author's perspective in this Atlantic essay. In full disclosure, I think that the Atlantic is nothing more than the mouthpiece of the Left and rarely find anything that it publishes with which I can agree.

The one statement in the article that underscores my point is this:
The narrow nature of the self-defense inquiry is one reason people can escape responsibility for killings that are deeply wrongful in every moral sense.
The author then goes on to cite police shootings including Jacob Blake and throws the McCluskeys in for good measure. So where is the equivalency between the McCluskeys and Rittenhouse? They both opposed BLM. And that makes them wrong "in every moral sense."

Looking at it from a different perspective, the three men who were shot by Rittenhouse could have chosen to ignore him. There seems to be agreement that he was in no way the aggressor. But his presence, like the presence of the McCluskeys outside their home is morally wrong and it must be punished. We are back to people being "triggered". I'm pretty sure that there are no boundaries to that - trigger is in the eye of the beholder.

I'll give that author of the article credit. He does acknowledge that everyone is entitled to protect themselves. But in many cases, merely existing is a reason why people need to protect themselves. The author says that Rittenhouse was not a hero. I disagree with that, too. I feel strongly that he made a mistake by going into the middle of that fray. But his heroic behavior stems from a very limited response to that attacks launched against him. He could have unleashed far more than he did - as much as CNN accused him of unleashing. But he didn't. He stopped the threats and stopped when they were no longer threats. That takes a level of restraint that many, perhaps even me, may not be able to duplicate in difficult circumstances.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 5

Post by anygunanywhere »

J.R.@A&M wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:26 am Post-trial, I am mostly agreeing with this perspective: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... el/620715/ . Easy for me to say since I had no property at risk from rioting arsonists. But that is one more reason I wouldn't want an armed teenager there, either.
I disagree.

Given the lack of suitable role models in today's teens and young adults that emerge from the zombie cell phone hypnotized throngs that thrive off fake news, Kyle is a young man who should be admired for how he has presented himself despite the pitiful persecution (not prosecution) for his lawful exercise of his right to self defense.

Kyle is indeed a hero for those who strive to live as freedom and liberty loving young patriots.

Tell us who should be held as a hero in today's youth. Rappers? Hip hoppers? Hollyweirds? I will wait as you tell us.

We could use more Kyle Rittenhouses. They don't even have to kill felons in self defense to deserve our admiration.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

The lack of youthful hero's is totally beside the point.
I wouldn't go near a riot. I wouldn't let my 17-yo go near a riot. I wouldn't send a 17-yo there on my behalf. It's a disaster waiting to happen.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

J.R.@A&M wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:18 pm The lack of youthful hero's is totally beside the point.
I wouldn't go near a riot. I wouldn't let my 17-yo go near a riot. I wouldn't send a 17-yo there on my behalf. It's a disaster waiting to happen.
The verdict I believe was right, but the very first mistake made was this 17 year old going to the riots as you said above. Even though you can doesn’t mean you always should.

philip964
Posts in topic: 56

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/rittenhouse-verd ... 24203.html

Set legal precedent for white privilege.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”