Kenosha Wisconsin Shooter discussion

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Laneman
Posts in topic: 1

Kenosha Wisconsin Shooter discussion

Post by Laneman »

There's probably an active thread on this but I could not find it. Just wondering what you all think about Kyle the 17 year old who shot three protesters in Kenosha Wisconsin. I watched the full video carefully and it appears to be self defense for the last 2 people he shot. The first person shot earlier in the car lot does not have clear video of the incident. Wondering if he was legally able to carry a long gun at 17. He's in trouble either way, it is a solid blue state. Even if the shootings were legal, he is likely facing a jury of liberals who will decide his fate.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 26

Re: Kenosha Wisconsin Shooter discussion

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Laneman wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:19 am There's probably an active thread on this but I could not find it. Just wondering what you all think about Kyle the 17 year old who shot three protesters in Kenosha Wisconsin. I watched the full video carefully and it appears to be self defense for the last 2 people he shot. The first person shot earlier in the car lot does not have clear video of the incident. Wondering if he was legally able to carry a long gun at 17. He's in trouble either way, it is a solid blue state. Even if the shootings were legal, he is likely facing a jury of liberals who will decide his fate.
Here

https://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic ... &start=390

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Beiruty »

I found this photo, even showing seconds before the first actor was shot in the head. The actor was throwing a Molotov at the shooter.
Wisconson Shooting.jpg
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

flechero
Posts in topic: 5

Post by flechero »

I saw the video from the molotov incident- the white kid with the rifle was being chased and was cornered... he had been running, literally for his life before he shot the first guy. And this is the guy that got shot in the arm. I'm sure it was just a coincidence that this "peaceful protestor" had a gun and was shot by a man fleeing an armed mob
Attachments
Kenosha.jpg
Kenosha.jpg (10.53 KiB) Viewed 12974 times

parabelum
Posts in topic: 7

Post by parabelum »

Kid did great in my opinion based on what we know now. Neutralized the threat and exercised good discipline not to shoot at those who did not pose immediate threat to him.
Don’t let the commie pigs bully you, your kids or your grandkids into not defending yourself out of fear for legal and social repercussions.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Paladin »

Stabilized video of the first shooting

They were all good shoots. Kyle did not fire the first shot, but he did fire the decisive shots.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

Is Grosskreutz also in police custody?
Felon in possession of a firearm should put right back in prison again.

I consider the extent of the media misrepresentation of this whole event, and all of the other similar ones, To be criminal as well.

Grandpa carried a BAR when he was 17 years old, although he may have been 18 by the time he was walking through Okinawa with it.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 7

Post by parabelum »

Boxerrider wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:22 am Is Grosskreutz also in police custody?
Felon in possession of a firearm should put right back in prison again.

I consider the extent of the media misrepresentation of this whole event, and all of the other similar ones, To be criminal as well.

Grandpa carried a BAR when he was 17 years old, although he may have been 18 by the time he was walking through Okinawa with it.
I just mentioned that doofus in another thread. NREMT shows his medic certification lapsed in 2017, don’t know if WI is active. However, felony would knock his medic certification away. But great question, is he in jail? Going there after hospital?

Aggie_engr

Post by Aggie_engr »

I had the same question about Jacob Blake since he had an active arrest warrant when he was shot by police. Does he go straight from the hospital to jail? I just read he’s handcuffed to his hospital bed so we’ll see.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I'm not sure if we can post in this thread, but here are my thoughts.

The only thing the Kenosha shooter did "wrong", IMHO, was being there in the first place. I have not heard that he, or his family, owned the property he was trying to defend, or that he was asked by the owner of that property to help them defend it. Others will disagree, but to me, that is crossing a line into a function that is best left to government. If it is your own property, or that of your family members, or you are asked by the property owner to defend it, then it IS an individual responsibility, again, IMHO.

I would have also said that he would also likely be better off having a handgun, even in combination with a rifle. Deploying a rifle effectively in close quarters, especially while being chased, is difficult, and it is extremely unlikely that any shot would be at a distance where the increased accuracy of a rifle would matter at all. That said, the shooter here likely could not legally carry a handgun, so I can't fault him on this point.

As far as the actual shoot / no shoot decisions, I can't fault him at all after watching the video. Each shot was in direct response to a deadly threat. In fairness, the video on the first shot is not as clear as the other two, but it does appear that he was being chased by someone who was attacking him with a deadly weapon (Molatov coctail).

dlh
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dlh »

After you shoot a few folks you just don't flee the scene and run home to another state.
Looks bad and allows a prosecutor down the road to make the usual comment oh flight is evidence of guilt.
Leaving the scene and fleeing to another state---that was not a wise decision in my opinion. Just my opinion.
Regarding the shooting--we can all agree he will be responsible for every bullet fired from his rifle.
A jury just might find him not guilty of the murder charges--we will wait and see.
Covid has crippled trial courts across the nation and they need to get cranking again as soon as possible
so justice can be dispensed.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

dlh wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:48 pm Covid has crippled trial courts across the nation and they need to get cranking again as soon as possible
:iagree: with this part in particular.

Just trying the criminals caught in the act in televised riots will take a huge amount of court time.

As for the Kenosha shooter, I'm not sure a trial is justified after watching the video. That said, he will definitely be tried. If nothing else, the fact that he was being attacked by BLM supporters demands it in today's environment.

Switch the causes, but keep the legally relevant facts the same. If it was a black man who fired the same shots while being attacked, then chased by KKK members at a White Supremicist rally, when he was only at the rally in the first place to defend property. There would be zero chance of a trial then, and that shooter would be hailed by the MSM as a hero right now.

clarionite
Posts in topic: 4

Post by clarionite »

dlh wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:48 pm After you shoot a few folks you just don't flee the scene and run home to another state.
Looks bad and allows a prosecutor down the road to make the usual comment oh flight is evidence of guilt.
Leaving the scene and fleeing to another state---that was not a wise decision in my opinion. Just my opinion.
Regarding the shooting--we can all agree he will be responsible for every bullet fired from his rifle.
A jury just might find him not guilty of the murder charges--we will wait and see.
Covid has crippled trial courts across the nation and they need to get cranking again as soon as possible
He attempted to surrender to police at the scene. That's on video too. And his fleeing was a whole 15 miles to his home.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Paladin »

I sent the Kenosha County DA a polite email asking to Free Kyle and whether Grosskreutz was in custody.

There is a petition online: Free Kyle Rittenhouse
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 26

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Paladin wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:51 pm I sent the Kenosha County DA a polite email asking to Free Kyle and whether Grosskreutz was in custody.

There is a petition online: Free Kyle Rittenhouse
I think that petition is more of a scam for contributions than anything of merit.I signed it but declined any contribution to the company publishing it. I did check and the contribution is not toward Kyle's defense fund.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”