Kenosha Wisconsin Shooter discussion

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Kenosha Wisconsin Shooter discussion

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Paladin wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:00 pm
rtschl wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:21 pm A couple of things as I become more impressed with this kids tactical ability:

1. Retired Navy Seal/FBI Agent states Rittenhouse's conduct was "textbook perfect".
https://www.breitbart.com/radio/2021/11 ... ith-ar-15/

Gilliam stated, “When he had his weapon and he was confronted by these imminent threats of loss of life or serious bodily injury, he engaged in a proper manner to eliminate the threat.

“Even when he was on the ground, he was not engaging people unless they engaged him,” he remarked. “It was perfect.”

Rittenhouse’s control of his firearm was “amazing,” Gilliam emphasized. “[He] held his weapon properly … kept his weapon in his hands when he was getting beat [and] when he was running. He wasn’t sweeping people. He didn’t drop his gun, He held onto it and maintained positive control the whole time with his finger off the trigger.”

2. Rittenhouse explains what happened when his rifle malfunctioned (ejection port was opened and he used his forward assist to get into battery)

Someone finally found a good use for the forward assist, LOL! :cheers2:
Color me paranoid, but I own zero slick-sided ARs. I have actually used my forward once or twice on the flat range over the last 10-12 years.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

philip964
Posts in topic: 56

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/arizona-universi ... 20144.html

Some odd students want Kyle kicked out of on line A S University.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Ruark »

Just another liberal blurb:

Levi Strauss corporation has initiated a program providing free "racial trauma counseling" to any of its employees who were "emotionally traumatized" by the acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse. How nice of them.
-Ruark

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 3

Post by crazy2medic »

Ruark wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:25 am Just another liberal blurb:

Levi Strauss corporation has initiated a program providing free "racial trauma counseling" to any of its employees who were "emotionally traumatized" by the acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse. How nice of them.
I Haven't Bought Levi's in YEARS
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Paladin
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:41 am https://news.yahoo.com/arizona-universi ... 20144.html

Some odd students want Kyle kicked out of on line A S University.
Clearly the students are intolerant. In the interests of providing an inclusive environment I believe these hateful, intolerant, fractious students have no place at an institution of higher learning. ;-)
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Excaliber »

What Kyle apparently meant by his "ejection port was open" is that his bolt failed to go fully into battery after the shot at Huber and he used the forward assist to drive it fully into battery.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by K.Mooneyham »

crazy2medic wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:38 am

I, too, stopped buying Levi's many years ago. Plenty of other companies out there who aren't pushing that stuff, at least not right into our faces.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Ruark »

Real cowboys wear Wranglers, anyway... ;-)

13MWZ's or 13MWZPW's
-Ruark

Rafe
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Rafe »

Ruark wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:44 pm
Real cowboys wear Wranglers, anyway... ;-)

13MWZ's or 13MWZPW's
Yep. A thumbs-up 👍 for Wrangler.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

abom2
Posts in topic: 1

Post by abom2 »

I too quit buying and wearing Levi's years ago. When they first started their neo/nuevo popularity crap. Wranglers are available in FR and hold up in my work.

tomneal
Posts in topic: 5

Post by tomneal »

Today's fun fact:
Greta Thunberg and Kyle Rittenhouse were born on the same day

https://www.unilad.co.uk/life/people-di ... ac-system/
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

Rafe
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Rafe »

tomneal wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:45 am Today's fun fact:
Hm. Let's see. If I had the opportunity to sit down and have a coffee and chat, but could choose only one of them...

Interestingly, Kyle just came up in a phone call with a Very Democrat friend. She called to point to the sentence handed down to truck driver Rogel Aguilera-Mederos for the April 2019 wreck that killed four people in Colorado. Her hypothesis was that the courts are rigged by conservatives and that white Rittenhouse got off scot free after murdering two men and wounding another with an Evil Black Rifle, while Latino Aguilera-Mederos had the book thrown at him with 110-year sentence just because his brakes failed. I didn't follow the Colorado case closely, but unwisely contradicted my friend by telling her that if was simple, accidental mechanical failure, Aguilera-Mederos would have been neither culpable nor negligent and it would never have gone to trial.

She said I was completely mistaken. It was nothing but an accident; the brakes failed. And as proof she said that's why an online petition to release Aguilera-Mederos has over 3 million signatures. But that there had been videos of Rittenhouse shooting those men. That the entire justice system is rigged and our country is in rapid decline all thanks to conservatives.

I made my second mistake and asked her if she actually had any details about the two cases, had followed the trials or knew the specific charges and verdicts.

To her credit, she came clean and said that (in not so many words; I'm paraphrasing) to her, facts don't matter. That (like seemingly all ardent leftists) it's what she knows that counts. And she knows a 26 man in Colorado who has skin that's brown was sentenced to 110 years just because the brakes on his truck failed.

My third mistake was a quick Google. "Actually," I said, "at trial the jury found Aguilera-Mederos guilty of 4 counts of vehicular homicide, 6 counts of first-degree assault, 10 counts of attempted first-degree assault, 4 counts of careless driving causing death, 2 counts of vehicular assault and 1 count of reckless driving. The DA's office says that they proposed plea deals to him, but that he declined to consider any alternative other than what would amount to a Class C Misdemeanor in Texas, basically a traffic citation. There's no way the charges could even have been brought, much less the jury find him guilty on all counts, if the crash was a result of accidental, mechanical failure.

"It seems," I said, "that the big furor over the sentence has to do with Colorado legislation that's been on the books for almost 30 years, a minimum-mandatory sentence provision for certain violent crimes. So the penalty ruling looks like it was largely out of the judge's hands, and Colorado law says the affected convictions have to be subsequent, the time can't be served consecutively. That's why the very long sentence."

"So tell me why Rittenhouse got away with murder without so much as a wrist-slap, and he used an assault rifle?!"

"Well, first, it wasn't an assault rifle. And second, the jury found him not guilty on all charges. He didn't 'get away' with anything. He was found not guilty, and rightly so. I followed that trial closely."

The call ended, but before she hung up she said something about my close-mindedness being tragic and that I'm incapable of applying logic to the humanity of situations. I found the "applying logic" part pretty humorous, but I didn't call her back to tell her that. She probably won't speak to me for a couple of weeks anyway. Oh well.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Rafe wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:27 pm
Hm. Let's see. If I had the opportunity to sit down and have a coffee and chat, but could choose only one of them...

Interestingly, Kyle just came up in a phone call with a Very Democrat friend. She called to point to the sentence handed down to truck driver Rogel Aguilera-Mederos for the April 2019 wreck that killed four people in Colorado. Her hypothesis was that the courts are rigged by conservatives and that white Rittenhouse got off scot free after murdering two men and wounding another with an Evil Black Rifle, while Latino Aguilera-Mederos had the book thrown at him with 110-year sentence just because his brakes failed. I didn't follow the Colorado case closely, but unwisely contradicted my friend by telling her that if was simple, accidental mechanical failure, Aguilera-Mederos would have been neither culpable nor negligent and it would never have gone to trial.

She said I was completely mistaken. It was nothing but an accident; the brakes failed. And as proof she said that's why an online petition to release Aguilera-Mederos has over 3 million signatures. But that there had been videos of Rittenhouse shooting those men. That the entire justice system is rigged and our country is in rapid decline all thanks to conservatives.

I made my second mistake and asked her if she actually had any details about the two cases, had followed the trials or knew the specific charges and verdicts.

To her credit, she came clean and said that (in not so many words; I'm paraphrasing) to her, facts don't matter. That (like seemingly all ardent leftists) it's what she knows that counts. And she knows a 26 man in Colorado who has skin that's brown was sentenced to 110 years just because the brakes on his truck failed.

My third mistake was a quick Google. "Actually," I said, "at trial the jury found Aguilera-Mederos guilty of 4 counts of vehicular homicide, 6 counts of first-degree assault, 10 counts of attempted first-degree assault, 4 counts of careless driving causing death, 2 counts of vehicular assault and 1 count of reckless driving. The DA's office says that they proposed plea deals to him, but that he declined to consider any alternative other than what would amount to a Class C Misdemeanor in Texas, basically a traffic citation. There's no way the charges could even have been brought, much less the jury find him guilty on all counts, if the crash was a result of accidental, mechanical failure.

"It seems," I said, "that the big furor over the sentence has to do with Colorado legislation that's been on the books for almost 30 years, a minimum-mandatory sentence provision for certain violent crimes. So the penalty ruling looks like it was largely out of the judge's hands, and Colorado law says the affected convictions have to be subsequent, the time can't be served consecutively. That's why the very long sentence."

"So tell me why Rittenhouse got away with murder without so much as a wrist-slap, and he used an assault rifle?!"

"Well, first, it wasn't an assault rifle. And second, the jury found him not guilty on all charges. He didn't 'get away' with anything. He was found not guilty, and rightly so. I followed that trial closely."

The call ended, but before she hung up she said something about my close-mindedness being tragic and that I'm incapable of applying logic to the humanity of situations. I found the "applying logic" part pretty humorous, but I didn't call her back to tell her that. She probably won't speak to me for a couple of weeks anyway. Oh well.
Did you point out that Colorado is far from conservative? I heard on the news this morning that the truck driver could have taken a breakdown lane, but didn't.
Charlie

Paladin
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Paladin »

Rafe wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:27 pm

LOL, PT Barnum said a sucker was born every minute. Chump, fool, stooge, dupe, or whatever else you want to call them... they are the bane of our society.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Rafe wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:27 pm She probably won't speak to me for a couple of weeks anyway. Oh well.
I imagine that you are desolate. PM me if you need prayer support. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”