Dinesh D'Souza says recent riots and political unrest could lead to 'rise of citizen militias around the country'

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Dinesh D'Souza says recent riots and political unrest could lead to 'rise of citizen militias around the country'

Post by Paladin »

'I'm not advocating this, I'm predicting it. It is a natural and inevitable response to the militarization of one side'
"Local governments and state governors are calling down the cops and licensing their own private gangs. If the cops won't protect us, then you're going to see the rise of citizen militias around the country."
He drew a line in the sand between the GOP and Democrats, saying one seeks to create anarchy and chaos, while the other seeks a peaceful coexistence based on individualism, freedom and economic prosperity.

"If the Democrats want to try the approach that's called 'license the criminal gangs and start setting fires to businesses' that's their model," the Indian Immigrant to America said. "Our model is peace and prosperity and commerce and civility -- then let people choose if they want to live in burned-out Milwaukee or burned out Portland, or if they'd much rather live in a nice Republican suburb where it's really nice and there's good stuff to be found in stores."
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Dinesh D'Souza says recent riots and political unrest could lead to 'rise of citizen militias around the country'

Post by Odinvalknir »

Good. We as citizens have a duty to preserve what makes our country great. If that means removing tyranny, then that's what needs to happen. I truly hope it doesn't come to that. I never want to see Americans v Americans in a large conflict. But the refusal of democrats to do anything to stop it, something is going to happen.

cirus

Re: Dinesh D'Souza says recent riots and political unrest could lead to 'rise of citizen militias around the country'

Post by cirus »

Americans slaughtered each other wholesale before and i imagine we'll do it again pretty soon if the other side doesn't back off.

Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

cirus wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:38 pm Americans slaughtered each other wholesale before and i imagine we'll do it again pretty soon if the other side doesn't back off.

Yes, Yes we have. domestic terrorists do it often, and serial killers do it a lot too. I don't think many people in this country have the slightest idea what battle, actual fighting conflict is. The smell, sight, and sounds of battle. LOL these people claim to have aversion to loud noises like clapping and harsh words. Yet they are going to go to battle in a fight like a door to door city fight. RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. :patriot:

Ed4032
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ed4032 »

The tactics have changed. Think about this.

the Kyle Rittenhouse incident says that's just not true anymore. Kyle was attacked by three separate guys over a period of time; it wasn't three guys alongside each other that were all in one group; it was spread out in time and space. The second guy, the guy with the skateboard, knew there was gunfire and he knew Kyle had defended himself. Kyle is running away and is chased by this guy. The third guy, the guy with the gun in his right hand until Kyle blew off his biceps, was even farther along in time and he definitely knew that Kyle had already shot the other two guys in self defense. The fact he was using a rifle didn't slow down any of these guys at all.

https://thesilicongraybeard.blogspot.co ... t.html?m=1
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

D’Souza is wrong about the GOP, they really just want to retain whatever power they have whether it’s majority power or minority power.

If the entire GOP had been solidly behind the President of their party the last four years the country would probably be a lot better than it is under a President weakened by his own party’s malfeasance, corruption and willingness to work with the opposition against the President.

cirus

Post by cirus »

Ed4032 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:08 pm The tactics have changed. Think about this.

the Kyle Rittenhouse incident says that's just not true anymore. Kyle was attacked by three separate guys over a period of time; it wasn't three guys alongside each other that were all in one group; it was spread out in time and space. The second guy, the guy with the skateboard, knew there was gunfire and he knew Kyle had defended himself. Kyle is running away and is chased by this guy. The third guy, the guy with the gun in his right hand until Kyle blew off his biceps, was even farther along in time and he definitely knew that Kyle had already shot the other two guys in self defense. The fact he was using a rifle didn't slow down any of these guys at all.

Maybe those guys had grit. Maybe they were just idiots. Maybe they just needed a better visual of death. Maybe if Kyle had unloaded a mag in the first one and scattered body parts all over the street the other 2 would have changed their mind. Some people are slow learners.

Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

cirus wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:49 pm
Ed4032 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:08 pm The tactics have changed. Think about this.

Maybe those guys had grit. Maybe they were just idiots. Maybe they just needed a better visual of death. Maybe if Kyle had unloaded a mag in the first one and scattered body parts all over the street the other 2 would have changed their mind. Some people are slow learners.
I think has more to do with radicalization than having a set of... Having grit. These people have shown to be unhinged, and whether they are trying to impress someone or just "be known" for beating and shooting a "nazi". Look how they praised the convicted woman beater who had the skateboard. "He was an angel who tried to stop a mass shooter".

Point is we are at a disadvantage in this fight. They have the huge propaganda machine behind them and people seemingly filled with the same fervor as the religious zealots in the mid east. I agree with a comment above yours. If the right had presented a more unified party the last 4yrs I think things would look different at this point. More people working together towards a common goal, instead we have very badly fractured small sects inside of each party.

Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

AndyC wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:07 pm
The fact he was using a rifle didn't slow down any of these guys at all
With that said, these predators sure are showing more boldness because there are no bigger predators out there.
They are bold because they know the judges and DA aren't going to prosecute them for their assault, looting, burning, and such. Basically what you said about there not being anyone bigger. It's bc the cops have had their hands tied, and due process thrown out the window. Groups like the proud boys are actively opposing them and meeting them head on, and media bias be damned.

cirus

Post by cirus »

Had Kyle had a chest rig full of mags and opened up on them I think they would have changed their tune. They're bold because no-one has stood up to them and unleashed hell on them. Its coming though.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I'm armed!

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

cirus wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:25 pm Had Kyle had a chest rig full of mags and opened up on them I think they would have changed their tune. They're bold because no-one has stood up to them and unleashed hell on them. Its coming though.
Had Kyle opened fire indiscriminately upon the crowd, things would likely be very different for him.

As it stands, he stopped 3 active threats and removed himself from the situation. I think this is a good example for all of us. Just my opinion.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

Flightmare wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:01 pm
cirus wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:25 pm Had Kyle had a chest rig full of mags and opened up on them I think they would have changed their tune. They're bold because no-one has stood up to them and unleashed hell on them. Its coming though.
Had Kyle opened fire indiscriminately upon the crowd, things would likely be very different for him.

As it stands, he stopped 3 active threats and removed himself from the situation. I think this is a good example for all of us. Just my opinion.

:clapping:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”