Impeachment question

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Impeachment question

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

With the talk of impeaching Trump, even after he leaves office, so he cannot run for President in 2024, and the talk of impeaching sitting Republican representatives and Senators, it occurs to me that this could establish a very dangerous precedent.

Theoretically, what would stop a future Congress that was heavily dominated by one party from impeaching all congressional members of the opposing party and assuming 100% control forevermore? That would also extend to the White House if they were to simply impeach the opposing parties Presidential candidate, say a month before the election (assuming that person had ever held Federal office in the past).

It appears that the only things keeping this from happening are the fact that it would be highly unlikely for one party to get a 2/3 majority in the senate, and common decency / decorum. Not to mention the very real threat of further provoking a civil war. Hopefully I am mistaken and there are other safeguards to keep something like this from occurring?

n5wmk

Re: Impeachment question

Post by n5wmk »

Not sure that common decency/decorum is part of the dimocrat party right now.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by powerboatr »

funny but sad issue is maxine waters gave a scatty speech about how trump is a white supremacist who incites danger for non trump supporters..
i guess there was not bowl of holy water in the chamber as she would have burst into flames. she flamed attacks to trump supporters for the last 4 years. when does she get held accountable
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

powerboatr wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:25 pm funny but sad issue is maxine waters gave a scatty speech about how trump is a white supremacist who incites danger for non trump supporters..
i guess there was not bowl of holy water in the chamber as she would have burst into flames. she flamed attacks to trump supporters for the last 4 years. when does she get held accountable
That the bunch of them hasn't been tarred and feathered is a testament to the ability of Americans to suffer ignorant elected officials.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

If that becomes their M.O., I'd lay money that they would only do it to Republicans in states with Democrat governors.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

powerboatr wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:25 pm funny but sad issue is maxine waters gave a scatty speech about how trump is a white supremacist who incites danger for non trump supporters..
protests.jpg
Serious double standard
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Nancy should be told to becareful what she asks for, she might just get it but not in the way she wanted it!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Perhaps I've sunken to an nonredeemable level of level of cynicism but I see this all as Kabuki theater. The Democrats step to microphones and say stupid things so that the Republicans can send emails and raise money. Then the Republicans vote with the Democrats. They feign opposition and all use their respective speaking platforms to address their base. We have the illusion that they hate one another. Behind closed doors, It is a different story. Don't get me wrong - I fully understand "Love your enemy". But nothing in that says that I need VOTE with my enemy to the detriment of the citizens who elected me to serve them.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

RSX11

Post by RSX11 »

Looks more like pro wrestling to me...

NavAir

Post by NavAir »

RSX11 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:56 pm
Nah, at least pro wrestling was somewhat entertaining...

RicoTX

Post by RicoTX »

Funny you should say that because that is the analogy I use all the time to people who think politicians of any party are looking out for your best interest. I'll explain:

When I was a kid I watched wrestling every week. I won tickets to a match aka "show" and my father took me. I was young then, but I remember getting there early and seeing all these big mean wrestlers getting out of limos and talking with each other. They then tried to kill each other for two hours, and afterwards, we stayed and watched them leave the venue, again shaking hands and laughing together. It was simply a product. By creating tension and perceived hatred between then they were all making bank.

Congress is the same to me. It is in both parties best interest to keep the electorate ticked off at the other party, because if people hate one party, they are much more likely to send money and support to the other party. The politicians are smiling all the way to their easy job and nice bank accounts, while we are working overtime and arguing with each other.

It seems to be working great!

I don't send anyone money or support to any party or affiliated group anymore, and never will again. I am a life member of a few gun organizations, but I don't donate to any of them anymore either. I'm not saying they don't do good, but I'm going to let some of these people who have extra money pick up the tab for a while. I'm tired of paying the band while someone else dances. I know, I'm a terrible person!
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

RicoTX wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:41 pm

Funny you should say that because that is the analogy I use all the time to people who think politicians of any party are looking out for your best interest. I'll explain:

When I was a kid I watched wrestling every week. I won tickets to a match aka "show" and my father took me. I was young then, but I remember getting there early and seeing all these big mean wrestlers getting out of limos and talking with each other. They then tried to kill each other for two hours, and afterwards, we stayed and watched them leave the venue, again shaking hands and laughing together. It was simply a product. By creating tension and perceived hatred between then they were all making bank.

Congress is the same to me. It is in both parties best interest to keep the electorate ticked off at the other party, because if people hate one party, they are much more likely to send money and support to the other party. The politicians are smiling all the way to their easy job and nice bank accounts, while we are working overtime and arguing with each other.

It seems to be working great!

I don't send anyone money or support to any party or affiliated group anymore, and never will again. I am a life member of a few gun organizations, but I don't donate to any of them anymore either. I'm not saying they don't do good, but I'm going to let some of these people who have extra money pick up the tab for a while. I'm tired of paying the band while someone else dances. I know, I'm a terrible person!
Politicians are definitely running a scam on We The People. It is really disheartening that even when a new congress member is elected that has, We The People at heart, they don't take long at all to forget The People and begin to make moves that enrich their own power and wealth. The only shot we have of anything changing would be term limits that take affect immediately. This would create a major house cleaning in numbers large enough that the old cancer would not infect the new members.

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

I'm old enough to remember that there were "good" democrats. But now you see all of them voting in lockstep with Pelosi. Other than campaign funds, what does she have that is making them toe her line? I know she has told them that unless they follow her lead that they will accomplish nothing in the house, but it almost seems like they FEAR her.
N5PNZ

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

Paladin wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:30 pm
protests.jpg

Serious double standard
YES SIR
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”