Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 17

Registration for 2009 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC begins Sunday

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Registration to begin on Sunday, August 16th

Registration for the 2009 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC will begin this Sunday, Aug. 16th, at 2:00pm. We are using an online registration feature that should make things much easier for everyone. The number of slots remaining in a seminar, shooting clinic (1 3/4 hrs.), or mini-clinic (45 min.) will be shown and when you register, you will receive an immediate confirmation email. This is much better than in prior years when TraCoun had to input registrations into an Excel spreadsheet and send emails to people telling them one or more of their selections were full. As you can imagine, this got much worse the closer we got to the day of the event.

Please note, even though you get a confirmation email for each seminar/clinic/mini-clinic you select, your registration is not complete until we get your $15 check! If you are paying for more than one person, be sure to give us the names as shown on each registration. Until fourteen (14) days before the event, you have five days to get your check to us, otherwise you will be deleted from each seminar/clinic/mini-clinic so others can register. Between 7 and 14 days before the event, we must have your check within three days. Registration is closed on October 17th, no exceptions!! For planning purposes (especially lunch), we need to have a firm number at least a week before the event.

Registration is on the PSC-Range.com website

A description of the seminars, clinics, and mini-clinics have been available for a good while now and they are also posted on the PSC Shooting Club website I hope to have the schedule posted this evening so people can start planning their day. Each seminar, clinic/mini-clinic has a unique number that also appears in the description on the registration page. Be sure to confirm both the event number and time when you are registering.

To register, click on the Event Registration link in the top menu, then change the "Category" to one of the three TexasCHLforum Day categories, and set the "Display" to "all." This will make it much easier to select the ones you want. You will be able to see how many slots are available. Click on the seminar/clinic/mini-clinic you want and fill in the information. If you are registering for other people, you will have to do so separately for each person.

Register Early!

It's human nature to wait until the last minute to register, but I strongly suggest that you register early. The shooting clinics (1 3/4 hr.) have a 15 student limit. Although each mini-clinic is offered three times during the day, they are limited to 6 students. Seminars can seat 40 people. The longer you wait, the greater the chance you will not be able to register for everything you want to attend.

Don't double-book!

Be sure to plan your schedule carefully. The registration module we are using is great, but it does not prevent you from creating time conflicts in your schedule. So double check the times and event numbers to make sure you don't create a conflicting schedule. If anyone books two events for the same time slot, we will delete the registrations for both events. Otherwise, you will be registered for a slot you cannot use and prevent someone else from registering. Time permitting, I will send an email letting you know so you can re-register, but don't depend upon me having time.

You will see that some mini-clinics have not listed the instructor for that discipline. In all but one case, I am waiting for confirmation from the instructor who was scheduled for last year and I hope to update the event descriptions sometime this weekend.

This should be another great year for the TexasCHLforum Day at PSC and we hope to see a record crowd. I again want to express my appreciation to the PSC Board for agreeing to waive the non-member fee so we could reduce the fee to $15. This includes lunch to be catered by Luna's Mexican restaurant in Friendswood and, if you like Mexican food, you won't be disappointed. Again this year, we will be running the "CHL Fashion Show" at lunch. This is a great way to see various methods of concealed carry and talk to people to get an idea what works and what doesn't work. I also want to thank all of our volunteers whose efforts make this event possible. Everyone you see working the event, instructors, speakers and crew, are donating their time to make sure you have a great time.

Make your checks payable to "PSC-IDPA" and mail it to 110 Eagle Lakes Dr., Friendswood, TX 77546

Come join us for a great time and . . . REGISTER EARLY!!!
Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: Registration for 2009 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC begins Sunday

The schedule is now posted on the PSC Shooting Club website. It's in the 2009 TexasCHLforum Day menu on the right side of the page. Use it to set your schedule, then you can register starting at 2:00pm on Sunday, Aug. 16th.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

I have posted the registration rules and procedures on the PSC Shooting Club website so I expect to see a lot of PSC members registering for this year's event. (I just made a few revisions to the post I made here.) With well over 2,200 members, all of the seminars, clinics and mini-clinics could fill up much faster than in prior years, especially since people can register online. So I want to encourage you to register early! I don't want any of our "family" left out.

Remember, Registration begins at 2:00pm on Sunday, Aug. 16th.

Chas.

JJVP
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JJVP »

When is the event???????
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

JJVP wrote:When is the event???????
Saturday, Oct. 24th.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Registration for the 2009 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC is now open. Go to PSC Shooting Club website and look for the TexasCHLforum Day menu on the right. It has event descriptions, schedule and a link to the registration page.

Remember, change the Category to one of the three TexasCHLforum Day categories to make it much easier to find things. Again, be sure to use the Schedule to plan your day so you don't book a conflict.

Chas.

LarryH
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LarryH »

I went through the process so fast, I didn't notice that I'd signed up for two different sessions of Shooting on the Move until I saw my confirmation emails.

Oops. If somebody gets waitlisted for ONE of the M5 or M8 sessions, I'll gladly relinquish my spot to him/her (unless Charles or Marc or somebody can un-register me for M8).

Slowride
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Slowride »

I signed up for six sessions but only received confirmation e-mails on four. Should I re-register for the two I did not receive confirmation on ?

Texd40

Post by Texd40 »

Computer problems signing up, or maybe it's just operator error :???: Me thinks it may be a software glitch?? I signed up for seven events. I am almost positive that I submitted only one registration for each event, but three of the registration confirmations I received via email had me double booked. Another confirmation had me signed up three times. If the double/triple booking really occurred, how do I go about straightening it out? I definitely do not want to bump someone from attending! Thanks for any help.

KinnyLee

Post by KinnyLee »

Registered with the wife. :mrgreen:

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Can we pay when we get there? or should we mail a check somewhere?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

snorri

Post by snorri »

Liberty wrote:Can we pay when we get there? or should we mail a check somewhere?
Check the bold text in the first message from Mr. Cotton.
minatur innocentibus qui parcit nocentibus

RED FLAG LAWS ARE HATE CRIMES

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Slowride wrote:I signed up for six sessions but only received confirmation e-mails on four. Should I re-register for the two I did not receive confirmation on ?
For which ones did you not receive a confirmation?

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Texd40 wrote:Computer problems signing up, or maybe it's just operator error :???: Me thinks it may be a software glitch?? I signed up for seven events. I am almost positive that I submitted only one registration for each event, but three of the registration confirmations I received via email had me double booked. Another confirmation had me signed up three times. If the double/triple booking really occurred, how do I go about straightening it out? I definitely do not want to bump someone from attending! Thanks for any help.
I cleared multiple booking from two people, and I'm pretty sure yours is one. I'd sure like to know if this is a software problem! :banghead: I'll keep checking daily to delete any multiple bookings. If you are going to register for someone other than yourself, be sure to book the second reservation under their name! I'll be deleting any multiple bookings.

Sorry for the glitch, but I sure hope it's operator error! (No offense guys, but if it's a software problem, it's a bigger issue.)

Chas.

Texd40

Post by Texd40 »

Thank you for straightening out all of the double and triple bookings, Mr. Cotton. I hope it is "operator error" too :oops: instead of a software problem. If I double tapped the registration form, my sincere apologies. See you in October!

Return to “2009 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC”