Sheriff wants 30.06 signs on court house

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Sheriff wants 30.06 signs on court house

Post by mojo84 »

The Kendall County courthouse has the metal detectors on the second floor, where the courtrooms are located, as you exit the elevator and stairs.

I think it says a lot when the top law enforcement official in the county openly advocates disregarding and breaking the law.
Last edited by mojo84 on Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

dhoobler
Posts in topic: 4

Post by dhoobler »

Anyone can register their opinion with the AG office. Here is the link:

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/contact-form/
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Glockster
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Glockster »

C-dub wrote:
Glockster wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing what happens on 1/1/16, when OC is a reality. All the complaints have been supposedly waiting for that date, so I anticipate that there certainly will be some major action taken by the AG on that date (or for sure after that day as it is a holiday). It will surely happen.
This has nothing to do with OC or 1.1.16. This law is already in effect.
:iagree:
Ah huh. I was being sarcastic, but apparently that didn't come across.
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by puma guy »

since they know it would be illegal wouldn't enforcing this open the Sheriff, Mayor and council to charges of official oppression.?
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Glockster wrote:
C-dub wrote:
Glockster wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing what happens on 1/1/16, when OC is a reality. All the complaints have been supposedly waiting for that date, so I anticipate that there certainly will be some major action taken by the AG on that date (or for sure after that day as it is a holiday). It will surely happen.
Sorry, it did not.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

puma guy wrote:since they know it would be illegal wouldn't enforcing this open the Sheriff, Mayor and council to charges of official oppression.?
No

Glockster
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Glockster »

C-dub wrote:
Glockster wrote:
C-dub wrote:
Sorry, it did not.
I'll have to try harder. Sarcasm doesn't come naturally to me, so will work on it. :txflag:
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

mojo84 wrote:The Kendall County courthouse has the medal detectors on the second floor, where the courtrooms are located, as you exit the elevator and stairs.

I think it says a lot when the top law enforcement official in the county openly advocates disregarding and breaking the law.
Will they detect Purple Hearts and other medals? Are these illegal for carry... "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

ScottDLS wrote:
mojo84 wrote:The Kendall County courthouse has the medal detectors on the second floor, where the courtrooms are located, as you exit the elevator and stairs.

Will they detect Purple Hearts and other medals? Are these illegal for carry... "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

:oops: :oops:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Glockster wrote:
C-dub wrote:
Glockster wrote:
C-dub wrote:
Sorry, it did not.
I'll have to try harder. Sarcasm doesn't come naturally to me, so will work on it. :txflag:
I should have said, "Sorry, I didn't get it." Some of the smilies help with the sarcasm.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Abbott weighs in: http://www.whamprod.net/images/pdfs/201 ... 3-memo.pdf

That was well written and concise... It being layed out in plain english though - I don't think they will get it. "rlol"
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

After reading this yesterday, I sent a note to Paxton's office:

Subject: : enforce SB273
government officials all over the state are trying to subvert the will of the legislature as the enacted SB273. Zoos are posting 30.06 signs and calling themselves " schools". Gun shows are posting their events in civic buildings. This needs to stop and some examples made. Please taken action against this illegal activity.

This morning I got this reply:

Mr. B, my name is Captain Gregory Lucas, I am the Law Enforcement Liaison for the Office of the Texas Attorney General (OAG), your e-mail was forwarded to me for review. The OAG has taken steps to address these complaints, we have set up a complaint form on the OAG website at the bottom of the page at https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/ and we also have set up a complaint hotline at 844-584-3006 or 512-936-3006. There have been several official requests for OAG Opinions regarding the new laws, particularly the handgun laws, those Opinions have not yet been rendered. We are compiling all of the complaints that have come in, but are not going to take any action until those Opinions have been issued as they will affect the validity of many of the complaints. I assure you that all valid complaints will be addressed. If you would like to see the pending request list, the link to the OAG website is https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/op ... recent.php. The most notable request is RQ-0040-KP which specifically addresses government buildings. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Captain Gregory Lucas
Law Enforcement Liaison
Office of the Attorney General
Criminal Investigation Division
Office 512-936-1335
Cell 512-652-8426
Fax 512-370-9948
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

Rex B wrote:After reading this yesterday, I sent a note to Paxton's office:

Subject: : enforce SB273
government officials all over the state are trying to subvert the will of the legislature as the enacted SB273. Zoos are posting 30.06 signs and calling themselves " schools". Gun shows are posting their events in civic buildings. This needs to stop and some examples made. Please taken action against this illegal activity.

This morning I got this reply:

Mr. B, my name is Captain Gregory Lucas, I am the Law Enforcement Liaison for the Office of the Texas Attorney General (OAG), your e-mail was forwarded to me for review. The OAG has taken steps to address these complaints, we have set up a complaint form on the OAG website at the bottom of the page at https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/ and we also have set up a complaint hotline at 844-584-3006 or 512-936-3006. There have been several official requests for OAG Opinions regarding the new laws, particularly the handgun laws, those Opinions have not yet been rendered. We are compiling all of the complaints that have come in, but are not going to take any action until those Opinions have been issued as they will affect the validity of many of the complaints. I assure you that all valid complaints will be addressed. If you would like to see the pending request list, the link to the OAG website is https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/op ... recent.php. The most notable request is RQ-0040-KP which specifically addresses government buildings. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Captain Gregory Lucas
Law Enforcement Liaison
Office of the Attorney General
Criminal Investigation Division
Office 512-936-1335
Cell 512-652-8426
Fax 512-370-9948
Thanks for sharing. The list of requests is interesting. Wish we could see all the pending requests for SB273 violations...
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

East Texas lawmaker: A gun free courthouse may not align with state law

http://www.kltv.com/story/30654037/e-te ... -state-law
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

dhoobler wrote:East Texas lawmaker: A gun free courthouse may not align with state law

http://www.kltv.com/story/30654037/e-te ... -state-law
I note that the shooting example he gives took place outside the courthouse, so would not have been affected by the new law. Unless he plays fast and loose with the definition of "premises".

But Ken Paxton settled that question in October. Sheriff Smith just needs to follow the law per his sworn oath.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”