What's the Origin of Your User Name?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

karatedad
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What's the Origin of Your User Name?

Post by karatedad »

My 13 yr. old son is a black belt in karate and has been competing for 3 years. He has 5 state titles and more to come. This year he will begin competing for national and world ranking. This takes up most of our free time and so I have become a karatedad.

Swissy

Post by Swissy »

My last name is Swistak and everyone called my grandpa "Swissy" - People have started calling me that in the years he has passed. We were very close and I loved him very much.

ArmedAndPolite

Post by ArmedAndPolite »

I was raised with manners,
Then I acquired a CHL.
Quite simple really.
12/28/12 Online Application
01/11/13 All documents mailed w/signature confirmation
02/11/13 Plastic in hand
Total time: 48 days

Charlies.Contingency

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

Some people call my charlie, and being a CHLer, I carry a gun as part of my contingency plan. Therefor, my CHL is part of "Charlies_Contingency," which I thought to be quite fitting.
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

jrs_diesel

Post by jrs_diesel »

Longtime screen name across a few forums. It's a combination of my initials and the fact that I like diesel engines.

Given the character limitations of the forum software for usernames, spelled out, mine would look like this:

J.R.'s Diesel
J.R.

bcooper

Post by bcooper »

First name initial(Brandon) and my last name. Direct and to the point.

Mick22

Post by Mick22 »

Most people call me Mick (nickname) and my first gun was a Glock 22. So Mick22 it is.

abom2

Post by abom2 »

ABOM is short for A Blind Old Man. Many years ago I sponsored a set of servers for a group of young people that enjoyed a certain FPS (First Person Shooter) game.

The problem for the young folks besides money is they where of the Christian faith. Most servers hosting these game had all sorts of foul mouth individuals that these kids disliked.

So with my money, a handful of tech savvy kids, the game servers had filters to block the undesirable words of others. When the filtered words were used in the chat area of the game the offender was given a warning. 2nd offense offender was given warning and froze for five minutes, 3rd time invoked a series of commands that kicked the user out and banned that IP address. These kids were smart and respectful.

Anyways, I am no good a FPS games. Control of my character was really none at all. So I was running around like a blind man. Additionally, a couple of times, youths had expressed personal worries and would ask me for input on the non-game chat. I was always careful to not be judgmental with these kids. I had one ask me if something was wrong with him because he thought he might be "gay".

I replied "So What". It does not mean you are a bad person. Found out later from two other players, that this person had prior to this a dark demeanor/outlook and supposedly told a few others that out short conversation had helped him and he was happy with himself.

I have no idea if any of that was true or if it was "butter on the popcorn", to make the sponsor feel needed. I dang sure was no help in the game play. LOL

Rmartinez37

Post by Rmartinez37 »

Story behind mine is that my name is Raul Martinez, and that is the school username I was given for computer access. Since then it has kinda been my user name for most things, it's easy to remember for me when I log in. :woohoo

Idratherbecamping

Post by Idratherbecamping »

Self explanatory!
Lead, Follow, or Get Out of the Way!
Glock 17, because a six shooter doesn't hold enough bullets the way I shoot!
:patriot:

Ron7624

Post by Ron7624 »

Not very original I guess, but practical. I use my actual name and 2 numbers, when added together equal 100. There is no way that any other Rons, use a big number that means nothing, so I can use this username in all my forums. My interests lie in not only guns, but electronics, coding and other computer related stuff, so any place that requires a login... I've got it covered. ;-)

Antares

Post by Antares »

Antares: Antares is a red supergiant star that is nearing the end of its life. Being 67 and a pretty large person that is about how I feel too. Besides I always liked the name. http://texaschlforum.com/posting.php?mo ... =23&t=4142#
God Bless our Military and the United States

Archery1

Post by Archery1 »

My other favorite shooting sport involves recycling ammo :)

T.Chaney

Post by T.Chaney »

After years of trying to keep up with all the usernames I've had I got lazy and used my real name.I haven't forgotten it so far,but time will tell. :shock:
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Mrfriendly93
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mrfriendly93 »

I didn't want to use my real name, and my gamer tag seemed mildly inappropriate for this place.

It was only after I decided on this username I considered how creepy it actually sounded.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”