Militia standoff going on right now in Oregon!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
northexpedition
Posts in topic: 1

Militia standoff going on right now in Oregon!

Post by northexpedition »

Oregon occupation: Militia 'willing to kill or be killed' occupy US wildlife reserve
A group of militiamen have occupied a wildlife refuge in Oregon, it has been reported.

The self-proclaimed “patriots”, say they have around 150 members stationed in the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, The Oregonian reports. Their leader has reportedly informed local press that the men are planning to stay in the refuge indefinitely and are “willing to kill or be killed” to do so.

rbwhatever1

Re: Militia standoff going on right now in Oregon!

Post by rbwhatever1 »

I've been following this one. 2 men served time for arson stemming from clearing land to clear invasive weeds and avoid wildfires. One served 4 months and one served 1 year. Judge says it wasn't long enough so ordered both men back to jail to serve 4 years each. They will both peacefully report to prison on Jan 4th for the new prison term...

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/ ... uge-action
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/03/bu ... lding.html
III

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Saw this earlier this morning. Not sure what to think of it yet.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

The two guys, brothers, were convicted of arson because they burned off some brush on their own land? Or does the fed think it is public/fed/BLM land?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Ron Paul approves of this protest.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

jmra

Post by jmra »

C-dub wrote:The two guys, brothers, were convicted of arson because they burned off some brush on their own land? Or does the fed think it is public/fed/BLM land?
I think it was a father and son (one is 73 the other is 46).
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Maybe it was this that threw me off.
The brothers have been convicted of arson but maintain that they were entitled to set fire to land as they were doing so to reduce growth of invasive plants and protecting their property from the threat of wildfires
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jmra

Post by jmra »

C-dub wrote:Maybe it was this that threw me off.
The brothers have been convicted of arson but maintain that they were entitled to set fire to land as they were doing so to reduce growth of invasive plants and protecting their property from the threat of wildfires
Got to love reporters:
"Dwight Hammond, 73, and Steven Hammond, 46, said they lit the fires in 2001 and 2006 to reduce the growth of invasive plants and protect their property from wildfires. The two were convicted of the arsons three years ago and served time — the father three months, the son one year."
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mamabearCali »

How is it that a judge can add time after a sentence has been completed.

I don't really know enough to say anything intelligent here. Just that I am watching with interest.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

suthdj
Posts in topic: 3

Post by suthdj »

mamabearCali wrote:How is it that a judge can add time after a sentence has been completed.

I don't really know enough to say anything intelligent here. Just that I am watching with interest.
Maybe violation of probation
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

suthdj
Posts in topic: 3

Post by suthdj »

21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

C-dub wrote:The two guys, brothers, were convicted of arson because they burned off some brush on their own land? Or does the fed think it is public/fed/BLM land?
They were convicted of arson for setting fire to Federal land that bordered theirs. This was while firefighters were battling another wildfire that was burning nearby, & reportedly their fire put them at risk.

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

mamabearCali wrote:How is it that a judge can add time after a sentence has been completed.

An appeals court judge found that the original judge didn't follow the sentencing guidelines he was required to use, & gave less than the minimum sentence. Both father & son say they'll report back to complete the new sentences, and said that they don't want the militia's 'assistance' on this.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

Wasn't this Bundy guy involved in another standoff in the past couple of years on his ranch with the BLM?
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

Yes its the same guy.

Return to “Off-Topic”