Texas3006.com Android App in official beta

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Bitterclinger
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Texas3006.com Android App in official beta

Post by Bitterclinger »

Cool, but what's this app going to do?

I'd like one that generates a notification If I'm near any of the "illegal-guns only" zones created by a thirty-ought sign... maybe send my android wear watch a trigger to show a big red "THIS AREA IS UNSAFE" peak card. Maybe yellow for ought-sevens, and red for both.

Other nifty feature might be:
  • Let user put in his CHL date, and use it to tell him when he needs to renew.
  • Display a list of pertinent laws (with an English translation for those who do not speak Latin)
  • Bulletin feature to provide user with push updates and alerts with an android notification (get a SME to make regular updates)
  • Simplified checklist for steps to getting CHL with live check-boxes
  • (Half-baked idea) some sort of social media feature that lets user "like" businesses that support the 2nd (hey, ask the sales guy if he could get anything out of this by asking entrepreneurs if they want to be on our cool map!)
  • Questionnaire about how many guns user has and when they will be away from home like the Census has (kidding)
  • :anamatedbanana
It's not even out and I'm requesting features, but I'm a programmer/QA engineer, so let me know if you need testers. Id like to get my hands dirty on some android code, but I haven't yet, so all I can do on that end is come up with lots of wonderful ideas.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I went to the site but didn't see anything about signing up. There was a black header banner when I first got there but it disappeared when I clicked on it.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 4

Post by oljames3 »

mojo84 wrote:I went to the site but didn't see anything about signing up. There was a black header banner when I first got there but it disappeared when I clicked on it.
That banner is the instructions. Do not click or try to copy as I did.

Clear your browser's cache and go to the site again. Read the message. Do not click. ;-)
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Thanks. I was on my phone and could not see if very well.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

JamesTX10

Post by JamesTX10 »

I did the same. Email androidbeta @ texas3006 DOT com
:txflag:

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Thank you Russell and SoloXCRacer. I just signed up. :anamatedbanana
Ron
NRA Member

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Missed out, but 50 slots to go that quickly should make you very happy.

Can't wait for the android app to make it out of beta.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Gracias! :txflag:
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Bitterclinger

Post by Bitterclinger »

Russell wrote:Lol my what a list of demands for an app that's not even released yet :txflag:
Bitterclinger wrote:Cool, but what's this app going to do?

I'd like one that generates a notification If I'm near any of the "illegal-guns only" zones created by a thirty-ought sign...
This is already available with the iPhone app (finishing its Beta run soon). The Android app will have this feature very soon (if not in the first official release). It will not be available in the Beta version.

[*] Display a list of pertinent laws (with an English translation for those who do not speak Latin)
Not a bad idea. I may add this to the list.

Other nifty feature might be:
  • Let user put in his CHL date, and use it to tell him when he needs to renew.
  • Bulletin feature to provide user with push updates and alerts with an android notification (get a SME to make regular updates)
  • Simplified checklist for steps to getting CHL with live check-boxes
  • (Half-baked idea) some sort of social media feature that lets user "like" businesses that support the 2nd (hey, ask the sales guy if he could get anything out of this by asking entrepreneurs if they want to be on our cool map!)
  • Questionnaire about how many guns user has and when they will be away from home like the Census has (kidding)
  • :anamatedbanana
My initial thought around these is that's a lot of bloat for an app that is only designed to do gun sign notifications, submissions, and alerting. I want to do a few things really well, not a lot of things mediocre!

Honestly though, thank you for your feedback! This is how we are able to make the apps better!
YW. I was in brainstorming mode and I didn't realize you were so far along and ready to deploy for beta. I had the same problem with the disappearing black bar, but it looks like you have more than enough volunteers. Fifty in <24 hours? That's got to be some kind of record. :anamatedbanana

Bugler
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bugler »

Thank you very much Russell and SoloXCRacer. I signed up! Waiting for instructions!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”