Forth Worth & Dallas Zoos

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

rtschl
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Forth Worth & Dallas Zoos

Post by rtschl »

Thanks jamminbutter. I didn't get to go this past weekend and glad that you were able to.

Do they still have a sign at the parking lot shack? They did when I was there last year.
Ron
NRA Member

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AJSully421 »

Charles,

Has the Fort Worth Zoo been handled? Or would you like for there to be multiple reports on them? I'll be there tomorrow with my kids (and my Glock 21).
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ScottDLS »

rtschl wrote:Thanks jamminbutter. I didn't get to go this past weekend and glad that you were able to.

Do they still have a sign at the parking lot shack? They did when I was there last year.
As I noted in another thread like the Dallas Zoo, they seem to now be claiming that they are an amusement park as defined by 46.035. Bad news for them is that they are only 64 acres, not 75 as required. :rules:

Looking forward to open carrying there on January 2.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

jamminbutter
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jamminbutter »

jamminbutter wrote:Today is the day of reckoning for the FWZ. Will drive there after work to see if the sign is still up. :confused5
I dropped by a couple of hours ago and the sign is still present just to the west of the main ticket booth. Will be preparing the affidavit within the next couple of days and getting it notarized.

jamminbutter
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jamminbutter »

AJSully421 wrote:Charles,

Has the Fort Worth Zoo been handled? Or would you like for there to be multiple reports on them? I'll be there tomorrow with my kids (and my Glock 21).

I would hope that the more documentation the better!

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

jamminbutter wrote:
jamminbutter wrote:Today is the day of reckoning for the FWZ. Will drive there after work to see if the sign is still up. :confused5
I dropped by a couple of hours ago and the sign is still present just to the west of the main ticket booth. Will be preparing the affidavit within the next couple of days and getting it notarized.
Thank you for taking this one on. Please keep us posted on when the complaint is filed and what, if any, feedback you receive from the AG. I live too far away from Fort Worth to do this, but I do enjoy the zoo every few years and would like to have my rights respected while there.
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

So, apparently the Zoo has now combined the 30.06 and 30.07 into one sign trying to save space. They have now invalidated the sign by not posting the proper verbiage. Guess it really doesn't matter anyway since they are a school, amusement park, day care, court, 51% location, secured area of an airport..... and anything else they can try to claim to get around the law. :totap:

Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Since the zoo sometimes asks people to vote on what exhibits they want to see I guess they believe they qualify as a polling place too.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Don't like the sign requirements, make up your own sign. I'm sure nobody will notice... That's classic! :smilelol5:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Keith,

Those combo/incorrectly worded signs were the ones I reported to the city of Ft. Worth and then to the AG's office. There is no way that the Ft. Worth Zoo (and the city of Ft. Worth) does not know that the signs do not conform to the statute. This is deliberate on their part - why I do not know.
Last edited by rtschl on Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron
NRA Member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Keith B wrote:So, apparently the Zoo has now combined the 30.06 and 30.07 into one sign trying to save space. They have now invalidated the sign by not posting the proper verbiage. Guess it really doesn't matter anyway since they are a school, amusement park, day care, court, 51% location, secured area of an airport..... and anything else they can try to claim to get around the law. :totap:

well, now, isn't that interesting. I'd happily conceal and walk right on by.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

A message to TLC carry on concealed. But I am not that one who would test OC beyond that point. Send it to the AG to send them daily fines.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

nightmare69 wrote:Since the zoo sometimes asks people to vote on what exhibits they want to see I guess they believe they qualify as a polling place too.
"rlol"

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

When will we see the AG start the fining or are they overwhelmed with notices regarding the scofflaws?

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks!

ttownsig

Post by ttownsig »

I am probably wrong here but maybe just maybe the zoo and the city know that the sign is wrong. Maybe they are saying look we put up a sign to keep guns out to make the non carriers happy and feel safe while at the same time they know you can still conceal carry past the sign since it is incorrect and are saying if we don't see it you don't have it. By doing this they the anti gun people can say they won because of the sign, the concealed carry people are happy because they can still carry, and they believe nobody will challenge the open carry being incorrect because who wants to be the test case for that type of situation. So what do they get a zoo full of happy people without guns. wink wink. Just thought I would bring up a different viewpoint.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”