Winchester '94 pre '64

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
parabelum
Posts in topic: 4

Winchester '94 pre '64

Post by parabelum »

I've had this 30-30 Winchester now for several years. I shot maybe 10 rounds through the entirety of my ownership.
Now I'm thinking about selling/trading it potentially (this is not a for sale/trade post), but I'm on the fence.
On one side, I never shoot it. Just sits in the safe.
On the other side, I'd like to get another AR or AK since I tend to shoot those more frequently.

Question is, should I keep it or trade/sell?

What would you do?

(I'm subliminally looking for someone to talk me out of selling :mrgreen: ).

It's a '53 by the way.

allisji
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Winchester '94 pre '64

Post by allisji »

If you were in the Houston area, I'd offer to buy it from you. But I know that you really want to keep it, anyway!

This sounds like something that you'd ought to keep in your family as an heirloom. How's that for a reason not to sell it?
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I would never sell my '94. It's a 1951 model by the serial number. It has sentimental value, but even if it didn't I wouldn't sell it. Hard to find guns like that. You'll probably have some regrets if you get rid of it.

Just my 2 cents.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

I would be interested in buying if you were selling.
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Topic author
parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Pretty much what I was thinking too. If I sold it, I'd kick myself in the rear probably right away, and within a month, I'd be looking for another one.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Richbirdhunter »

You can save your money and buy an AR piece by piece but once that 30-30 is gone, it's gone
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Topic author
parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Richbirdhunter wrote:You can save your money and buy an AR piece by piece but once that 30-30 is gone, it's gone

Excellent point!

Dan20703

Post by Dan20703 »

My standard protocol is that unless I truly dislike a gun I never sell them.
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Weg

Post by Weg »

Some of my greatest "gun" related regrets were due to selling one gun to acquire another. Don't do it! Just save up and buy an AK. I once sold a Soviet WW2 bringback SVT-40 with bringback papers and all, to buy another gun. I can't even remember what the gun I bought with the money was! But I remember that SVT. Don't do it.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

parabelum wrote:I've had this 30-30 Winchester now for several years. I shot maybe 10 rounds through the entirety of my ownership.
Now I'm thinking about selling/trading it potentially (this is not a for sale/trade post), but I'm on the fence.
On the other side, I'd like to get another AR or AK since I tend to shoot those more frequently.

What would you do?

It's a '53 by the way.
If you sell it Obama might consider you a dealer and you could be prosecuted. "rlol"
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

I have a 1952-53 Winchester Model 70 Featherweight .243 rifle.
I thought I was going to sell it for $200 until I found out how much they go for. Wow.

My wife calls the gun safe "Hotel California"

Because the guns "can checkout any time they like, but they can never leave..."

:smilelol5:

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Richbirdhunter »

The Marshal wrote:I have a 1952-53 Winchester Model 70 Featherweight .243 rifle.
I thought I was going to sell it for $200 until I found out how much they go for. Wow.

My wife calls the gun safe "Hotel California"

Because the guns "can checkout any time they like, but they can never leave..."

:smilelol5:
Your wife is funny! I'll be naming my gun safe today.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Topic author
parabelum

Post by parabelum »

VMI77 wrote:
parabelum wrote:I've had this 30-30 Winchester now for several years. I shot maybe 10 rounds through the entirety of my ownership.

What would you do?

It's a '53 by the way.
If you sell it Obama might consider you a dealer and you could be prosecuted. "rlol"

Maybe if I convert it to shoot water vapor I'll be good? I may even get a "green" subsidy. :waiting:

Surgeon

Post by Surgeon »

I was lucky enough to come across one a few years back in 30-30. A good friend has taken it apart and needed some help reassembling it so he brought it over....all in plastic ziplock bags filled with screws, springs and...well, you get the picture. The stock had a small crack so I went to work on it. About three weeks later I finished it including repairing the crack and restoring the finish. And it looked pristine.
Long story short, he agreed to trade it another rifle I had. I leave it displayed in my office at home and test fired it once but I finally own one and someday it'll be my sons.
Everyone should own at least one in their lifetime.
The military arsenal we will use to fight a World War IV ..... "stones" - Einstein

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”