Militia standoff going on right now in Oregon!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

VMI77
Posts in topic: 24

Re: Militia standoff going on right now in Oregon!

Post by VMI77 »

parabelum wrote:
Charlies.Contingency wrote:
parabelum wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:Why does the fed own state lands in the first place?

I think that the fed initially created this "right" for the good of the people, with intent to return land into private hands:

"The sale of the land was helpful in retiring debts that accumulated during the Revolutionary War. "
http://mobile.wnd.com/2005/04/29869/

However, we know the rest of the spiel now.
The feds would more likely sell this land to China before they sell it to one of us now days. :totap:
Agree 100%.

Has anybody pondered why the FBI is after these ranchers more then the thugs who burned Baltimore and Ferguson?
I don't have to ponder, the answer is obvious: 1) Obama is president. 2) Holder was, and Lynch is, the AG. 3) Ranchers typically aren't liberals. They're usually white males so they're easy targets for cultural Marxists. 4) The Baltimore and Ferguson thugs are a cultural Marxist protected class. 5) The Feds own most of the land in the western most states and their control of it is the first step in asserting Federal control over privately owned land.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

parabelum
Posts in topic: 30

Post by parabelum »

VMI77 wrote:
parabelum wrote:
Charlies.Contingency wrote:
parabelum wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:Why does the fed own state lands in the first place?

I think that the fed initially created this "right" for the good of the people, with intent to return land into private hands:

"The sale of the land was helpful in retiring debts that accumulated during the Revolutionary War. "
http://mobile.wnd.com/2005/04/29869/

However, we know the rest of the spiel now.
The feds would more likely sell this land to China before they sell it to one of us now days. :totap:
Agree 100%.

Has anybody pondered why the FBI is after these ranchers more then the thugs who burned Baltimore and Ferguson?
I don't have to ponder, the answer is obvious: 1) Obama is president. 2) Holder was, and Lynch is, the AG. 3) Ranchers typically aren't liberals. They're usually white males so they're easy targets for cultural Marxists. 4) The Baltimore and Ferguson thugs are a cultural Marxist protected class. 5) The Feds own most of the land in the western most states and their control of it is the first step in asserting Federal control over privately owned land.
Spot on. Unfortunately.

This dictator has taken this country into a 70 year regressive slide.

Fangs
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Fangs »

Didn't see this posted. Didn't look to hard either.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/26/us/oregon ... e-arrests/
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

AndyC wrote:

Just after the 9:00 mark is where they shot the guy.
To me that looks like an execution. Appears that trooper approached from the back and shot him in the back of the head (likely a cns shot by the way he fell) while his hands were up.

Very sad.

My prayers go out to his family.
Rest in peace my brother.

Javier730
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Javier730 »

parabelum wrote:
AndyC wrote:

To me that looks like an execution. Appears that trooper approached from the back and shot him in the back of the head (likely a cns shot by the way he fell) while his hands were up.

Very sad.

I see him raise his hand when he steps out of his vehicle but I can clearly see him drop his hand to his torso area before he is shot.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/28/us/oregon ... e-arrests/
"I'm just not going to prison," Finicum said. "Look at the stars. There's no way I'm going to sit in a concrete cell where I can't see the stars and roll out my bedroll on the ground. That's just not going to happen. I want to be able to get up in the morning and throw my saddle on my horse and go check on my cows. It's OK. I've lived a good life. God's been gracious to me.
It sounds to me like this man was not going to be taken alive and was ready to die for his cause. I believe he was reaching for a weapon.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Breny414
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Breny414 »

Javier730 wrote:
parabelum wrote:
AndyC wrote:

Very sad.

I see him raise his hand when he steps out of his vehicle but I can clearly see him drop his hand to his torso area before he is shot.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/28/us/oregon ... e-arrests/
"I'm just not going to prison," Finicum said. "Look at the stars. There's no way I'm going to sit in a concrete cell where I can't see the stars and roll out my bedroll on the ground. That's just not going to happen. I want to be able to get up in the morning and throw my saddle on my horse and go check on my cows. It's OK. I've lived a good life. God's been gracious to me.
It sounds to me like this man was not going to be taken alive and was ready to die for his cause. I believe he was reaching for a weapon.
:iagree: +1

Surgeon
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Surgeon »

GET OUT OUT OF THE VEHICLE !!!!!!! (complied), GET YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR !!!!!! (complied) NOW RAISE YOUR JACKET TO SEE IF YOUR ARMED !!!!! (complied) BANG !!! BANG !!!!! BANG !!!!
JMHO ....
The military arsenal we will use to fight a World War IV ..... "stones" - Einstein

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

As he approaches the blockade, Mr. Finicum clearly swerves to the left to avoid colliding with the patrol units.
An officer (Fed or State) jumps right in front of the vehicle (very bad move IMO) as Mr. Finicum's vehicle gets stuck in the snow.
Mr. Finicum is out with his arms up, and as he complies with officers orders at this point according to eyewitnesses and from what I can see, he stumbled in the deep snow and he briefly lowered his hands, NOT all the way and certainly not reaching into his jacket, to regain his footing in the deep snow.
At that moment an officer approached from the rear/side and shot Mr. Finicum in the back.

Unless a different angle emerges, that's what I saw, and it jives with eyewitness reports that someone posted on another thread.

In my eyes that's an execution and intimidation of political dissidents (where were all flash bangs in Baltimore or Furgeson as the cities burned?).

I guarantee you, we have service members who are sitting in prison right now for doing less to islamofasict scum.

I support our LE wholeheartedly, and those who know me know that I've not only done so with my mouth but with my wallet as well.

But what happened here is murder, and I consider it a war crime incidentally, for too many obvious factors to get into right now.

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

Post by baldeagle »

Mods, please delete this.
Last edited by baldeagle on Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

Surgeon wrote:GET OUT OUT OF THE VEHICLE !!!!!!! (complied), GET YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR !!!!!! (complied) NOW RAISE YOUR JACKET TO SEE IF YOUR ARMED !!!!! (complied) BANG !!! BANG !!!!! BANG !!!!
JMHO ....
We can use this argument to side with the person shot by LEOs everytime there is video evidence that someone was reaching for something before being shot by a LEO and make the LEO look like the bad guy.

I just do not see that happening here. The guy dropped his hands for several seconds before he was actually fired on. I imagine he was being yelled at the whole time to raise his hands. They could of shot him as soon as he dropped his hands if the LEOs were out for blood like you claim.
― Horace Mann

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

It appears to me he reached for something under his jacket on the left side. I am on my phone and the picture is small but I think he could have been carrying a gun in the cross draw position and he reached for it.

Has it been reported there was a gun on him and where it was?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

mojo84 wrote:It appears to me he reached for something under his jacket on the left side. I am on my phone and the picture is small but I think he could have been carrying a gun in the cross draw position and he reached for it.

His hand went down, but I don't think the video is conclusive on exactly where his hand was or if was reaching for anything versus trying to maintain his balance. Without knowing exactly what he was being told to do it is tough to determine whether he was complying with orders.

And I agree that the officer who jumped in front of a moving vehicle does not appear to be the sharpest tool in the shed.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 24

Post by VMI77 »

mojo84 wrote:It appears to me he reached for something under his jacket on the left side. I am on my phone and the picture is small but I think he could have been carrying a gun in the cross draw position and he reached for it.

I don't see how anyone can draw any conclusion from this video. The angle is bad and there is no sound. I can't tell whether he lowered his hands because he lost his balance in the snow or because he was shot and stumbled, or because he was shot and decided to draw afterwards, or because he was going for his gun. There were snipers off camera so there is no way to know whether he was shot first from watching the video, even if we could tell that the officers confronting him didn't shoot first. I have zero reason to take the FBI's word for anything, given their track record. They shot Randy Weaver's wife while she was holding a baby and unarmed. I want to see some definitive evidence before I accept the FBI version of events.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

parabelum wrote:As he approaches the blockade, Mr. Finicum clearly swerves to the left to avoid colliding with the patrol units.
His brake pedal would of worked better at avoiding the collision.
― Horace Mann

Return to “Off-Topic”