storing Gun in truck during work.

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
BKV6812
Posts in topic: 3

storing Gun in truck during work.

Post by BKV6812 »

My employer does not allow us to conceal carry while at work...as do most employers. So, I would like to hear suggestions as to the best way to conceal my gun while in the building. I have thought about holsters, but then I'm worried about it being seen and the vehicle being broken into as I work in a bad area. The center console has come into mind, but I'm not so sure how accessible this would be. Help Please! Thanks.

thestudiokid
Posts in topic: 1

Re: storing Gun in truck during work.

Post by thestudiokid »

Twist

Post by Twist »

You might also want to check out some of the offerings from Tuffy: http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-509-ram- ... y-lid.aspx

Not sure what kind of truck you have but they do offer a few different products that take advantage of the current Ram lineup.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

For a cheap option, Academy sells a locking case with a cable that can wrap around the seat frame or something else sturdy. Won't stop a guy with tools, but a kid with a slim jim wouldn't be able to get in to it.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

BKV6812 wrote:The center console has come into mind, but I'm not so sure how accessible this would be. Help Please! Thanks.
How accessible you need it to be? Whenever I'm somewhere and have to remove mine my center console works nicely. Holster and all and spare mags in their holster/carrier. Will your handgun fit in your center console? Without or without the holster?

What type of holster do you use? This is one of the reasons I like and use paddle holsters. The entire rig can be removed and stored if necessary.

Other vaults and things are also options if you have the space for them and can reach them without drawing undue attention when putting it in or getting it out.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

thestudiokid wrote:http://www.consolevault.com/
+1 on the Console Vault. It installs easily, but they aren't getting in it without a substantial pry bar.

I've had one in my truck for several years now.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

loktite

Post by loktite »

http://www.lockerdown.com is a Texas company. Quite similar to the console vault, but a little better quality. Can be found on Amazon as well as their own portal. If spending the money on it, I'd recommend the electronic cam lock. Gives you the ability to punch in your code without having to look at the keypad.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
BKV6812

Post by BKV6812 »

Thanks for all the links everyone. I will check them all out. I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 4x4. I have a Ruger SR9c with an Alien Gear cloak tuck 3.0 holster. It will not fit completely in my console...even after cleaning it out. I have some door cubby holes that I'm thinking I could secure some kind of holster inside them and then I could place my gun in it as I get out of the truck and pull it out to re-holster when I get back into the truck. It would be well hidden from all sides of the truck as well. Now I just need to find the right size and type of holster. Thanks again and keep offering suggestions.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

BKV6812 wrote:Thanks for all the links everyone. I will check them all out. I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 4x4. I have a Ruger SR9c with an Alien Gear cloak tuck 3.0 holster. It will not fit completely in my console...even after cleaning it out. I have some door cubby holes that I'm thinking I could secure some kind of holster inside them and then I could place my gun in it as I get out of the truck and pull it out to re-holster when I get back into the truck. It would be well hidden from all sides of the truck as well. Now I just need to find the right size and type of holster. Thanks again and keep offering suggestions.
You must mean the holster won't fit, because I feel sure the pistol will fit.

I have a 2004 Dodge 2500 4x2 diesel with the console vault installed. I can easily fit a government size 1911 in there along with 2 or 3 smaller pistols.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
BKV6812

Post by BKV6812 »

Pawpaw wrote:
BKV6812 wrote:Thanks for all the links everyone. I will check them all out. I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 4x4. I have a Ruger SR9c with an Alien Gear cloak tuck 3.0 holster. It will not fit completely in my console...even after cleaning it out. I have some door cubby holes that I'm thinking I could secure some kind of holster inside them and then I could place my gun in it as I get out of the truck and pull it out to re-holster when I get back into the truck. It would be well hidden from all sides of the truck as well. Now I just need to find the right size and type of holster. Thanks again and keep offering suggestions.

I have a 2004 Dodge 2500 4x2 diesel with the console vault installed. I can easily fit a government size 1911 in there along with 2 or 3 smaller pistols.
That is correct. The gun inside the holster will not fit in the top console. I have a bottom console that it would fit. However, that kinda defeats the purpose of having easy access if I need it if I have to flip up the console lid to get to my firearm. I think I'm leaning towards some kind of concealed holster option. Thanks.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

BKV6812 wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:

That is correct. The gun inside the holster will not fit in the top console. I have a bottom console that it would fit. However, that kinda defeats the purpose of having easy access if I need it if I have to flip up the console lid to get to my firearm. I think I'm leaning towards some kind of concealed holster option. Thanks.
Thank you. That explains it perfectly. The console vault installs in the lower compartment, under the seat. The question you posed was about storing your gun while you are at work. The console vault is an excellent solution for that and I dare say a sturdier and stronger option than any other. This is exactly how I use mine.

Now, if I want ready access while driving, I just push my pistol down between the driver's seat and the center seat. With the center seat (armrest) folded down, it is perfectly hidden between that and my leg. :tiphat:

tx mountaineer

Post by tx mountaineer »

Lock'er Down works great in my Tahoe. The build quality is excellent and installation was easy.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Join the NRA if you are not a member, activate the free firearms insurance and secure your handgun the best you can. If it gets stolen the insurance will replace it.

winters
Banned

Post by winters »

I keep my gun in the center console of my vehicle all the time. Most people who get their cars broken into leave things in sight that someone might want to steal. Keep things hidden and you will have few problems.

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

I have one of these in my truck and cars. It works great when I go the Mavs game or have to go into a place where I can't carry. The cable is bit stronger than others I looked at and the box is a bit better as well. I was concerned about batteries in some storage boxes, so I went with a key. It fits under the seat of my Chevy pickup and dies down well in the trunk of the cars. Several friends have, had their vehicles broken into and their guns were stolen in the past by leaving it in the glove box or placing in the console. So, I figured if I can at least slow them down a bit, they may give up an leave. My next car will have a safe built into the vehicle.

http://www.sentrysafe.com/Products/526/ ... istol_Safe

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”