3oclock holster recommendations?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
rentz
Posts in topic: 4

3oclock holster recommendations?

Post by rentz »

Lately my lower back pains been flaring up a lot and when I'm carrying if I sit down for any period of time the behind the hip holster really makes things much much worse. Last week driving somewhere that was about 40 min each way I really felt the pain so it may be time to just move away from behind the hip carry

I tried a cheap kydex owb and it was so rough around the edges and dug in to my side too much

Any good strong side 3 o'clock recommendations ? Preferably iwb, though I'm not opposed to owb if it can conceal well with a shirt

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 3oclock holster recommendations?

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Check these guys out http://www.proactivedefense.net/ Stewart will custom make a holster and fit it to you
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

I have a very nice pancake style OWB from Johnson Gun Leather for my LCP. Carries at 3-4 o'clock and I forget it is there. It is somewhat above the belt, and low profile below so easy to conceal under an untucked shirt. I have similar back problems.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I fell your pain the only IWB holster I ever found comfortable at all was a either at 5 o'clock or a reverse at 6 o'clock my back was continually hurting so I went with a Desantis scabbard with a thumb break it holds my M&P 9 high and tight and hides easy with just a shirt over it.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
rentz

Post by rentz »

Thanks for all the quick suggestions, I'll look into these options.
Thinking I may just have to start adapting to the idea of owb or appendix possibly
Getting old stinks :banghead:

timdsmith72

Post by timdsmith72 »

http://www.pantherconcealment.com/

Can't say enough good things about Jim and his holsters.

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

Got a Desantis mini-scabbard owb for my Glock 43. Can't even tell I am wearing it and the design makes it usable with my regular belt. Very easy to put on and take off. For more security the Desantis quick snap looks good. I only wear owb at my ranch area and with the mini-scabbard the gun doesn't budge and I don't know it's there. Tried a Tagua holster but need a larger belt to wear the way the belt loops through the holster. Tagua is nice though. Will stick with Desantis next time. Cheaper to buy from Amazon or another dealer than Desantis. Got mini-scabbard from Midway.

rotor

Post by rotor »

rentz wrote:Thanks for all the quick suggestions, I'll look into these options.
Thinking I may just have to start adapting to the idea of owb or appendix possibly
Getting old stinks :banghead:
Just turned 73. Think about the alternatives.

Topic author
rentz

Post by rentz »

rotor wrote:Got a Desantis mini-scabbard owb for my Glock 43. Can't even tell I am wearing it and the design makes it usable with my regular belt. Very easy to put on and take off. For more security the Desantis quick snap looks good. I only wear owb at my ranch area and with the mini-scabbard the gun doesn't budge and I don't know it's there. Tried a Tagua holster but need a larger belt to wear the way the belt loops through the holster. Tagua is nice though. Will stick with Desantis next time. Cheaper to buy from Amazon or another dealer than Desantis. Got mini-scabbard from Midway.
Good suggestion thanks, hadn't thought about Amazon might just get a mini scabbard to try with my shield since its prime I get it in 2 days and easy to return if it doesn't work well for me

Shadow41

Post by Shadow41 »

rotor wrote:Got a Desantis mini-scabbard owb for my Glock 43. Can't even tell I am wearing it and the design makes it usable with my regular belt. Very easy to put on and take off. For more security the Desantis quick snap looks good. I only wear owb at my ranch area and with the mini-scabbard the gun doesn't budge and I don't know it's there. Tried a Tagua holster but need a larger belt to wear the way the belt loops through the holster. Tagua is nice though. Will stick with Desantis next time. Cheaper to buy from Amazon or another dealer than Desantis. Got mini-scabbard from Midway.
I use the same Desantis mini-scabbard for my Shield. Very comfortable and good retention.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

I use the Eidolon from Raven Concealment as a 3 o'clock IWB holster. Just a warning though, it is some assembly required. It comes with around 6 different pieces to customize the carry and fit. Nice and smooth, I carry it without an undershirt all the time.
NRA Benefactor Member

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

I've used many holsters over the years but I still think my OWB Raven Concealment or Bravo Concealment kydex are the best. I wear both at 3 o'clock.

JayStation3

Post by JayStation3 »

rentz wrote:Lately my lower back pains been flaring up a lot and when I'm carrying if I sit down for any period of time the behind the hip holster really makes things much much worse. Last week driving somewhere that was about 40 min each way I really felt the pain so it may be time to just move away from behind the hip carry

I tried a cheap kydex owb and it was so rough around the edges and dug in to my side too much

Any good strong side 3 o'clock recommendations ? Preferably iwb, though I'm not opposed to owb if it can conceal well with a shirt
I just purchased a Blackhawk OWB holster and I'm wearing it at 3 o'clock and I like it... Serpa CWC holster.
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." - Thucydides

JayStation3

Post by JayStation3 »

You might also try Brave Response Holsters too... Just Google them... Best IWB holster I've had so far
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." - Thucydides

flechero

Post by flechero »

What are you currently using (behind the hip?) is it too canted to try at 3 o'clock just to see if it will be comfy?

I think any leather holster with lesser can't will be comfy at 3o'clock.

I am also one who's suffered from chronic back issues... and surprisingly, when I move the holster back a little further, it gets way better and I can drive all day with it. I just can't do 3o'clock (actually 9 -I'm lefty) as i smack it on chair arms, hang up in seatbelts, etc. Good luck in finding what you need, I know how bad it is having back issues.

Good luck

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”