Got my license in one day ...

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
DWA
Posts in topic: 1

Got my license in one day ...

Post by DWA »

Well I was out in Austin and I was able to get my gun license in one day. That's probably some kind of record.

I took the test back in January but failed it. I got called to a job and didn't have time to take it again or stay and do the shooting trial so I rescheduled for another day. About 30 days later I went through the class again but I didn’t do much better – failed the test and shot a 110 - I sure chipped the floor up, but those don’t count any points. They say three’s a charm and about 10 days later I passed both (Shot a SOLID 190!). They made me pay for the class again on the third time, though. I lost that paperwork they give you, so I had to track down the instructor for a duplicate (another hassle the State puts you through) but finally got that submitted with the online form on Internet.

Then a few days later I was called in as a consultant for an event that involved several State and Federal law enforcement agencies. Through my efforts and using some techniques I developed I was able to help close out the event without incident. They estimated that my actions saved the state millions of dollars, protected tens of thousands of lives, secured billions of dollars in real estate, and helped keep hundreds of State Troopers, Texas Rangers, and various Federal agents out of harm’s way. It was all in a day’s work for me, but they were pretty impressed.

After everything was done I was settling up with the agent in charge and he said “If there’s ever ANYTHING I can do for you, just let me know”. So I mentioned that I was applying for a License to Carry in Texas (LCT) license and was wondering if he could help me with the application. The agent walked me across the parking lot and we went into another building and up the stairs to the LCT licensing office. He called the manager over and explained my request and they started looking for my file.

I had only sent the LCT license application in three days earlier, so they found it pretty quickly. I hadn’t done the fingerprinting yet, though, so the agent had them look me up with the computer. They found a past conviction of mine for vehicular manslaughter and they were able to use the fingerprint records from that to complete my application. Then the agent said he would personally vouch for me and signed off on the background check. They printed the LCT license card while we waited. They also discovered that my driver’s license was expired. I said “You’re Fooling Me” and he had them print me a new one - no charge. I guess high ranking law enforcement can do anything they want.

After that, the agent took me to lunch and we were talking about my new LCT license. I said I needed to go home and study the rules about the signs again before I tried to Outside Carry. He then took out his business card, wrote “(My Name) has a free pass to carry a gun anywhere he likes” and signed it. He said that if anyone ever gives me a problem about OC carrying a gun openly I should show them this pass and have them call him on his personal number. I was anxious to try out my new LCT gun license so we stopped at an HEB store on the way back to the office and the agent let me wear his gun belt around the store. As soon as I get my own gun and holster I’ll come back to this store and do this on my own!

There’s a PTA meeting at the elementary school by my house on April 1st. I don’t have any kids, but I’m going to buy a gun and use my new LCT gun license to ‘Wally Carry’ there and watch the look on their faces! All the dads there with their guns will sure be surprised. It’ll be like “Show and Tell”.

nyj

Re: Got my license in one day ...

Post by nyj »

April fools is tomorrow.

GlockShooter56

Post by GlockShooter56 »

nyj wrote:April fools is tomorrow.
"rlol"
If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Mavs00

Post by Mavs00 »

:tiphat: An "A" for creativity Sir.

RicoTX

Post by RicoTX »

I quit reading after you said you failed the test :mrgreen:. Would not believe anyone could do that.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

Slydragon

Post by Slydragon »

RicoTX wrote:I quit reading after you said you failed the test :mrgreen:. Would not believe anyone could do that.
same

Dave09

Post by Dave09 »

RicoTX wrote:I quit reading after you said you failed the test :mrgreen:. Would not believe anyone could do that.
I quit reading after the second paragraph....

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

I think there were 2-3 that actually failed the proficiency test when I took my class. The funny part is, my buddy who is legally blind passed with no issue.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

mikezee1970

Post by mikezee1970 »

I got through a bit then thought, "What the heck?" Then I was like "Nahhhhh....."

joe817

Post by joe817 »

"rlol" :smilelol5: :lol: :lol::

Good humor!
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I don't like satire. Lying just aint my thing. :mad5
Do what you say you're gonna do.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

:rolll that's all!!!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

rl168

Post by rl168 »

This is a good one... :biggrinjester:

Eric Lamberson

Post by Eric Lamberson »

. . . and in my spare time I discovered seven new families of solutions to the equal mass zero angular momentum 3 body problem.
Massad Ayoob Group Staff Instructor, NRA Life Member, Pistol instructor, and RSO;
Texas LTC Instructor, IDPA 6-gun Master, Suarez International Affiliate

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I made it to the third paragraph before giving up, but still didn't think about 4.1 until seeing NYJ's response.

I might not even get on here tomorrow.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”