Trump Supreme Court List

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TXBO
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Trump Supreme Court List

Post by TXBO »

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-e ... SKCN0Y92K5

There is no bigger threat to the 2nd Amendment (and frankly the Constitution itself) than the current and future balance of the Supreme Court.
Trump's list of potential nominees looks very encouraging.

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Trump Supreme Court List

Post by Right2Carry »

TXBO wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-e ... SKCN0Y92K5

There is no bigger threat to the 2nd Amendment (and frankly the Constitution itself) than the current and future balance of the Supreme Court.
He will change his mind next week.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Javier730
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Javier730 »

Right2Carry wrote:

:iagree:
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Topic author
TXBO
Banned

Post by TXBO »

Right2Carry wrote:

Maybe but the damage Hillary or Bernie would do is certain.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I've been talking with people who do business with Trump and they all said he is a man of his word. They do huge deals with a handshake and Trump has never gone back on his word. I know this isn't what Cruz supporters, the media and various Trump-haters want to read.

Chas.

allisji

Post by allisji »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I've been talking with people who do business with Trump and they all said he is a man of his word. They do huge deals with a handshake and Trump has never gone back on his word. I know this isn't what Cruz supporters, the media and various Trump-haters want to read.

Chas.
Maybe I don't classify as a Cruz supporter, but I definitely voted for Cruz and still feel that he was the best choice that we had for America.

That said, this is exactly what I wanted to hear about Trump. It does ease my mind a little, however, that only means that once he completes a deal, he sticks by it. He has by no means completed any deal yet as the President or even as the GOP nominee. He's still negotiating. Until the deal is done, he can withdraw any offers or concede any positions in order to get to what he considers the win-win or maybe just what he considers the win.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Topic author
TXBO
Banned

Post by TXBO »

allisji wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:I've been talking with people who do business with Trump and they all said he is a man of his word. They do huge deals with a handshake and Trump has never gone back on his word. I know this isn't what Cruz supporters, the media and various Trump-haters want to read.

Chas.
Maybe I don't classify as a Cruz supporter, but I definitely voted for Cruz and still feel that he was the best choice that we had for America.

That said, this is exactly what I wanted to hear about Trump. It does ease my mind a little, however, that only means that once he completes a deal, he sticks by it. He has by no means completed any deal yet as the President or even as the GOP nominee. He's still negotiating. Until the deal is done, he can withdraw any offers or concede any positions in order to get to what he considers the win-win or maybe just what he considers the win.
That could be said of any candidate. I've heard Presidential candidates in the past discuss what type of Supreme Court nominee he would appoint. I can't recall a Presidential candidate ever releasing a list of potential nominees. Appointing a liberal justice after this move would be political suicide.

allisji

Post by allisji »

TXBO wrote:
allisji wrote:

Chas.

That could be said of any candidate. I've heard Presidential candidates in the past discuss what type of Supreme Court nominee he would appoint. I can't recall a Presidential candidate ever releasing a list of potential nominees. Appointing a liberal justice after this move would be political suicide.
I agree with that, but whether Trump gets elected or not, I don't think that he is too concerned about what his next office is going to be.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Topic author
TXBO
Banned

Post by TXBO »

allisji wrote:
TXBO wrote:
allisji wrote:

Chas.

I agree with that, but whether Trump gets elected or not, I don't think that he is too concerned about what his next office is going to be.
He doesn't want to be branded a liar in his first 30 days.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

If he changes his mind, I still go with his picks over Hildebeast.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

psijac

Post by psijac »

The following list of potential Supreme Court justices is representative of the kind of constitutional principles I value and, as President, I plan to use this list as a guide to nominate our next United States Supreme Court Justices.
He never promised to pick anyone from that list, only to use it as a guide.
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

Glockster

Post by Glockster »

Chas.
Absolutely that. I know two people who are fairly close to him, one of whom is actually one of the "inside circle" rings (and I am very close to that person and we communicate regularly) and they each said the same thing about him being a man of his word and not going back on his word, and especially his belief in dealing by handshake. He is extremely well known for not making a major business deal until he has shared a meal with someone and can look them in the eye and decide whether or not he can trust them. My own personal view of him is that while I have cringed at times over the words that he has spoken, there are at times a real feel of brutal honesty there - like when you hear anyone speak their mind and on one hand you can't believe they actually said it, but on the other hand you find yourself nodding along. As someone who has both a Ph.D. in management and more than 30 years actually doing it, everything I know about him and how he gets the job done impresses me (and I've been using him as a case study for more than 10 years now). If my choice is between him or Clinton, hands down I will vote for Trump.
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Chas.
:thumbsup: This agrees with things that I have read about Trump.

psijac

Post by psijac »

John Galt wrote:

Chas.
:thumbsup: This agrees with things that I have read about Trump.
As a trump-hater I kinda expected it. It's the same kind of flowery things said about Romney after he cinched the nod. Keen businessman, devote Mormon who never drank a drop of liquor, but still kept it on hand as a courtesy to guests did.
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

Trump a man of his word Huh? Tell that to his exwife or many mistresses. A man who can't honor his marriage vows can't be taken at his word. He man is out for Trump and only Trump.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”