ATTENTION: Deadly Force Seminar In DFW AREA

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RPBrown »

Welcome PWD. Glad you made it last night
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Sangiovese
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Sangiovese »

Thanks to everyone who did the work to make the seminar happen. I really enjoyed it.

Unfortunately, I had to leave during the questions at the end and didn't get to spend more time talking with everyone. Was fun putting some faces with the forum names before the presentation and during the break - and Charles' presentation was outstanding.

cyberj60

Post by cyberj60 »

Thanks again to Charles for giving us some of his most valuable time and great effort to bring to us an outstanding presentation. I was so glad to put a face to so many people I have seen here on this forum.

I do agree we need to have a DFW get together in the future and just maybe we can have a little shooting at the same time. :grin:

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 3

Post by HighVelocity »

Great Seminar and I learned quite a bit. Reinforced a few things that I already knew and dispelled a few that I THOUGHT I knew.

Thanks Chas!

Good to meet some new faces from the forum, sorry I didn't get to meet everyone though. There was a lot of people!

Gary
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

Thank you Mr. Cotton for taking the time to present this seminar and Mr. Carlson for opening your church home to us!

I appreciated hearing "THE LAW" put into language & used in examples we could understand. We came home with so many valuable tips we will be putting into practice!

In addition to being able to attend the seminar, it was great to put "faces to some of the names" here on the forum.

THANK YOU BOTH - AGAIN!

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

My Dad couldn't wait to tell me last night how it went...

Thanks Charles...Carl, thanks for hosting the event...

So how many folks did it look like there last night???
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

eagleeye

Post by eagleeye »

Thanks to Charles for the informative program.

Thanks to Carl and church members for their hospitality.

Ray, the cookies were good and plentiful.

Martha and I enjoyed the evening visiting with everyone.

When is the DFW shooting event?

age_ranger
Posts in topic: 7

Post by age_ranger »

stevie_d_64 wrote: So how many folks did it look like there last night???
I think I overheard a count of 98? Pretty close to what scubasigguy had forecasted.
http://www.berettaforum.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just remember: Your very best thinking got you where you are now!!!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Thanks for the very kind words folks. I appreciate all of you coming to spend some time talking about this subject on a Friday evening. I'm sure it's obvious I really like doing these seminars for people who are truly interested in the subject. The interaction with the audience is what really makes the seminar come alive and I thank all of you for making that happen.

I also want to thank Carl, Mary and everyone on the Church staff for welcoming us into their church home. You were very gracious and it was much appreciated. I have to say that Carl and Mary made me feel like I was one of the family. You have to give me the chance to return the favor sometime soon my friends.

As several people have mentioned, the refreshments were great and I appreciate Rey, Greybeard and everyone else who put that together for us. I can honesty say I have never given a seminar for people who worked so hard to make it a fun evening for everyone.

Thanks to everyone for making it a wonderful evening; I really enjoyed the time we spent together. I hope to see all of you at the TexasCHLforum Day at PSC on Sept. 29th!

Chas.

stroo

Post by stroo »

Great seminar. Charles really went through the law well and did even better at applying it to the real world. He also did very well at reminding all of us that whatever the law says. the perceptions of the LEO on the scene, the ADA taking the initial report, the people on the grand jury and the 12 "peers' on the jury are going to make or break you. Great job.

Thanks Carlson1 also for making the facilities available and to everyone who provided the refreshments.

I also appreciated being able to meet some of the folks here on the forum. It is a great bunch.

JRG

Post by JRG »

I had a great time!! Thanks Charles and Carl. The refreshments were great too!

I really appreciate all that had a hand in making this a really informative and festive evening.

Carl,

Did we get enough money to pay for Charles airfare?

Joe

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 12

Post by carlson1 »

JRG wrote:I had a great time!! Thanks Charles and Carl. The refreshments were great too!

I really appreciate all that had a hand in making this a really informative and festive evening.

Carl,

Did we get enough money to pay for Charles airfare?

Joe
He drove instead of flying. I will let him answer if had enough or not.

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KBCraig »

What was the head count?

ScubaSigGuy

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

KBCraig wrote:What was the head count?
The head count was 98.

I really enjoyed the seminar as well. It was nice to meet some of the members that I talk with on the forum, in person. I wish that I could have met more of the members, but there just wasn't enough time.

Charles, thanks again for your time and your candor explaining the finer points of the law.

Carl, Thanks to you, Mrs. Carlson and your extended church family for providing the location.

Thanks to Rey, Greybeard, and everyone who supplied the goodies. I agree with the others who stated that we need to find an excuse to have another get together.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

Return to “2007 TexasCHLforum Day”