interesting concept for quick access long gun safe

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

interesting concept for quick access long gun safe

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

I like the concept here. Would like to see economy of scale bring price down below that of a conventional multi-gun safe.....at current price I think it will remain, pardon the pun, a niche product.

https://www.thegunbox.com/pages/sentinel
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Re: interesting concept for quick access long gun safe

Post by Jusme »

Yeah, I like the idea of a quick access gun not in a normally suspected location, but with no way to attach it to the floor, I think it would be a target for theft just being a speaker. Then they have your hide out gun(s). JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Jusme wrote:Yeah, I like the idea of a quick access gun not in a normally suspected location, but with no way to attach it to the floor, I think it would be a target for theft just being a speaker. Then they have your hide out gun(s). JMHO
It does allow for bolting to the floor.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Flightmare wrote:
Jusme wrote:Yeah, I like the idea of a quick access gun not in a normally suspected location, but with no way to attach it to the floor, I think it would be a target for theft just being a speaker. Then they have your hide out gun(s). JMHO
It does allow for bolting to the floor.

I must have missed that it looked like it was portable. That would make it a somewhat better option. :tiphat:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Skiprr »

Kinda makes you wonder about their marketing photo, though. They picture an AR and a pistol...and the only spare ammo is a bunch of shot shells, no spare mags or rounds for the two semi-autos anywhere in sight. I guess they're just highlighting that they have shot-shell loops built in, but if a shotgun isn't your go-to, that's just wasted space. I'd think it would have made more sense to build in Molle strips so folks could mount just about whatever spare mags/ammo they wanted.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Skiprr wrote:Kinda makes you wonder about their marketing photo, though. They picture an AR and a pistol...and the only spare ammo is a bunch of shot shells, no spare mags or rounds for the two semi-autos anywhere in sight. I guess they're just highlighting that they have shot-shell loops built in, but if a shotgun isn't your go-to, that's just wasted space. I'd think it would have made more sense to build in Molle strips so folks could mount just about whatever spare mags/ammo they wanted.
The video references that shotshell holder as the "optional ammunition holder".
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Skiprr »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Skiprr wrote:Kinda makes you wonder about their marketing photo, though. They picture an AR and a pistol...and the only spare ammo is a bunch of shot shells, no spare mags or rounds for the two semi-autos anywhere in sight. I guess they're just highlighting that they have shot-shell loops built in, but if a shotgun isn't your go-to, that's just wasted space. I'd think it would have made more sense to build in Molle strips so folks could mount just about whatever spare mags/ammo they wanted.
The video references that shotshell holder as the "optional ammunition holder".
Yep; you're right. And I didn't previously click on "Pre-order Now," but it seems that's where you need to go to see specifics:
$99 USD + Shipping
Sentinel Storage Accessory
As featured in the prototype on Indiegogo we have added some accessories not included with sentinel including a holster for a pistol and some ammo storage. Sentinel storage accessory will easily attach to the inside of your Sentinel and will have a place for a pistol, pockets for ammo, and clips.
Not much detail about storage for "clips." :mrgreen: But evidently you do get something for your extra $100 other than shot-shell holders. That said, the interior dimensions are 39" x 10" x 3.5". So with many types of red-dot sights mounted on an AR, the 10" depth means you'd only be able to have a 20-round mag inserted if you wanted to keep a loaded firearm...which seems the point. The depth and width seem unnecessarily constraining. Despite the marketing photo, I don't know how much you could actually fit in there.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

The Annoyed Man

My wife liked the thing until she saw the price. $700 may be a good price, but it's more than she wants to spend.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

rentz

Post by rentz »

The Annoyed Man wrote:My wife liked the thing until she saw the price. $700 may be a good price, but it's more than she wants to spend.
I was ready to buy one until I saw that price
Cut out the speakers and it could get that price point lower

nyj

Post by nyj »

Pretty cool but adding the speakers is just a ploy to get more money. I doubt the sound quality is anything I'd want to listen to.

Other than that, attaching it to the floor in your living room or any room other than a closet? No thanks. Not tearing up my floors. God forbid I want to move my furniture around.

nyj

Post by nyj »

The Annoyed Man wrote:My wife liked the thing until she saw the price. $700 may be a good price, but it's more than she wants to spend.
It's $524 on the preorder. Still more than I''d pay.

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

rentz wrote:
I hear "price point" bandied about everywhere. What is the difference between "price point" and "price?" Or, is "price point" just a way to sound in the know? No offense intended.

The Annoyed Man

G26ster wrote:
rentz wrote:
I hear "price point" bandied about everywhere. What is the difference between "price point" and "price?" Or, is "price point" just a way to sound in the know? No offense intended.
It's a way for us cool kids to make you outsiders feel more awkward and worse about yourselves. :mrgreen: :lol:

#TINVOWOOT

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
G26ster wrote:
rentz wrote:
It's a way for us cool kids to make you outsiders feel more awkward and worse about yourselves. :mrgreen: :lol:
Thanks TAM. Figured as much. It was one of my words/phrases I had in my "insider" vocabulary along with ROI, Let me be clear, at the end of the day, outside the box, etc.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”