Whataburger tonight

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Stormvet
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Whataburger tonight

Post by Stormvet »

Lol. We could have scared him off. We just had company leave. We all got into our sleeping gear and my daughter said I'm hungry. So we decided to load up and got to whataburger. Not the first time to do this. Just the first time for this situation.

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TexasTornado »

Stormvet wrote:Year model is 2013
I am now confident you have the auto lock features (I drive a Chevy Avalanche - the truck version of your Tahoe).

If you want I can walk you through the settings on it.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
Stormvet

Post by Stormvet »

Also when a person is walking around scratching his arms and or body constantly like this guy was reflects drug use. Pretty sure this guy was up to no good. I was just making notice of how things can quickly happen when one is not paying attention to his surrounding.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Stormvet wrote:Also when a person is walking around scratching his arms and or body constantly like this guy was reflects drug use. Pretty sure this guy was up to no good. I was just making notice of how things can quickly happen when one is not paying attention to his surrounding.

Yeah he definitely sounds hinky (yes that's a technical term). Glad nothing bad happened, to you or yours, just a lesson in SA and security. I don't know where this was located, but anytime there is suspicious activity, the police should be called. Maybe it's nothing, but maybe they cause the degenerate drug dealers to have to move somewhere else. May prevent others from being victimized, or caught in a turf war crossfire.JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

WhiteLightning
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WhiteLightning »

cyphertext wrote:Why are you eating in the car when you are sitting outside of a restaurant? They have tables and chairs, and refills on the drinks!

All the Whataburgers around us are posted 30.06/30.07 so I never get to go in anymore :cryin

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

WhiteLightning wrote:
cyphertext wrote:Why are you eating in the car when you are sitting outside of a restaurant? They have tables and chairs, and refills on the drinks!

All the Whataburgers around us are posted 30.06/30.07 so I never get to go in anymore :cryin

I haven't seen any posted 30.06, and only one posted 30.07, Their stated position was that they will allow CC, but not OC. Where are they posted with with both?
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

couzin

Post by couzin »

TexasTornado wrote:...my doors lock when I shift out of park and don't unlock until I remove the key...
Just the thought of that scares me - I am not a fan of the self locking vehicles.
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

couzin wrote:
TexasTornado wrote:...my doors lock when I shift out of park and don't unlock until I remove the key...
Just the thought of that scares me - I am not a fan of the self locking vehicles.
I'm also a bit leery of those. We don't have a car that does that, but one that is smart enough to not let us lock the key fob in the car. That's kinda handy. My truck is neither and I have locked them in once.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

C-dub wrote:
couzin wrote:
I'm also a bit leery of those. We don't have a car that does that, but one that is smart enough to not let us lock the key fob in the car. That's kinda handy. My truck is neither and I have locked them in once.
I can unlock my doors from my phone if need be, no big deal lol. I can remote start it or sound the alarm that way too.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AJSully421 »

Jusme wrote:
WhiteLightning wrote:

I haven't seen any posted 30.06, and only one posted 30.07, Their stated position was that they will allow CC, but not OC. Where are they posted with with both?
This. I have OCed in the Benbrook WB... twice, and a few times at the Stephenville location. No one has said anything to me about it, and I have not seen a sign at any location. Sounds like an anti-gun manager being a mini tyrant. I'd turn them in to corporate.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

rentz
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rentz »

TexasTornado wrote:Ok, please everyone, the techie in me is begging. If your car is less than 5-10 years old please go through the menu options (usually to the right of your speedometer and tack) there should be options to automatically lock and unlock your doors.

For example, my doors lock when I shift out of park and don't unlock until I remove the key, at which point ONLY the driver door unlocks preventing someone from sliding in through another door.

Taking the few extra seconds to make this change could save your life.
:iagree:

it's a very nice feature to have, my truck is older and doesnt have it so i lock the doors before i even engage a gear. I've gotten into the habit of locking the doors manually even in our vehicles that have auto locks.
also some cars have options in the menu to set it up so that when you use the keyfob or keyless entry only the driver side door unlocks. By default it usually unlocks all doors.

SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

A few years ago, in my white Tacoma, I parked next to an identical Tacoma. When I came out of the store, I went to the first truck, and my door key wouldn't turn. Almost at the exact time, a man ten feet away said, "Wrong truck." We smiled at each other, then I got into my own truck parked next to his. That's what happens when you daydream while walking. NOTE to the original poster: if you're giving thanks for a meal in a parking lot, is it okay to give thanks with your eyes open? I close my eyes at home, but in public, I do not close my eyes.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

rentz wrote:
TexasTornado wrote:Ok, please everyone, the techie in me is begging. If your car is less than 5-10 years old please go through the menu options (usually to the right of your speedometer and tack) there should be options to automatically lock and unlock your doors.

For example, my doors lock when I shift out of park and don't unlock until I remove the key, at which point ONLY the driver door unlocks preventing someone from sliding in through another door.

it's a very nice feature to have, my truck is older and doesnt have it so i lock the doors before i even engage a gear. I've gotten into the habit of locking the doors manually even in our vehicles that have auto locks.
also some cars have options in the menu to set it up so that when you use the keyfob or keyless entry only the driver side door unlocks. By default it usually unlocks all doors.

I have that set up too but I wish I could set it to unlock both doors on the driver's side. 90% of the time I end up having to unlock all of the doors to toss my bag in the backseat.

NRA Lifetime Member

rentz
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rentz »

TexasTornado wrote:
rentz wrote:

I have that set up too but I wish I could set it to unlock both doors on the driver's side. 90% of the time I end up having to unlock all of the doors to toss my bag in the backseat.
yes, or unlock both front doors....but i guess something's better than nothing

allisji

Post by allisji »

TexasTornado wrote:
C-dub wrote:
couzin wrote:
I can unlock my doors from my phone if need be, no big deal lol. I can remote start it or sound the alarm that way too.
I wonder if that app is hackable...
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”