2017 Legislative Priorities

This is the forum for topics directly related to desired changes in the upcoming legislative session.

Moderator: carlson1

doncb
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 2017 Legislative Priorities

Post by doncb »

My work takes me to hospitals and clinics every day. All are posted and I end up leaving my gun in a lock box in my car all day. I'd like to see most of the location restrictions removed for concealed carry.

Unfortunately, most of my days are put my gun in the lock box in my car, go to whichever hospital(s) for the day leaving it locked in the car, drive home at the end of the day and take my gun in the house. Next day repeat.
If you're standing still, you're loosing.

KLB
Posts in topic: 16

Post by KLB »

Our comments are, insofar as I have noticed them, all about expanding our rights. That's a good thing to think about and to be prepared to address. But what if the anti-gunners have an agenda of their own? Has anyone given any thought to what they might try to roll back and how we might counter that? I was speaking to a friend who predicted this will be a rollback session for gun rights.

Rolling back rights would not be based on problems we've had. Insofar as I know, we haven't had any. But opposition to guns is not predominately based on logic. The possibility of a rollback is something to think about.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Pawpaw »

KLB wrote:Our comments are, insofar as I have noticed them, all about expanding our rights. That's a good thing to think about and to be prepared to address. But what if the anti-gunners have an agenda of their own? Has anyone given any thought to what they might try to roll back and how we might counter that? I was speaking to a friend who predicted this will be a rollback session for gun rights.

Rolling back rights would not be based on problems we've had. Insofar as I know, we haven't had any. But opposition to guns is not predominately based on logic. The possibility of a rollback is something to think about.
Not gonna happen.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

KLB wrote:Our comments are, insofar as I have noticed them, all about expanding our rights. That's a good thing to think about and to be prepared to address. But what if the anti-gunners have an agenda of their own? Has anyone given any thought to what they might try to roll back and how we might counter that? I was speaking to a friend who predicted this will be a rollback session for gun rights.

Your friend's prediction is groundless.

Chas.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

I was told by a senior senate staff member that the antis (e.g. the Moms) were going to make a real hard push to replace the 06/07 signs with downloadable gunbuster signs. They have the full support of the Texas Association of Businesses, which represents over 4,000 Texas businesses. The requirement to plaster the front of your business with the big, ugly current signage is reportedly a major sore spot in the business community. Just a heads-up.
-Ruark

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Ruark wrote:
I was told by a senior senate staff member that the antis (e.g. the Moms) were going to make a real hard push to replace the 06/07 signs with downloadable gunbuster signs. They have the full support of the Texas Association of Businesses, which represents over 4,000 Texas businesses. The requirement to plaster the front of your business with the big, ugly current signage is reportedly a major sore spot in the business community. Just a heads-up.
We've known about this since last session. In fact, I've been letting people know for a good while. The TAB is not in full support and it isn't a major sore spot with the business community. Andrea Bauer wants everyone to believe this, but it's not the case.

That said, it is important that we let our elected representatives know that we will not stand for any changes to TPC §30.06.

Chas.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TreyHouston »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Ruark wrote:
We've known about this since last session. In fact, I've been letting people know for a good while. The TAB is not in full support and it isn't a major sore spot with the business community. Andrea Bauer wants everyone to believe this, but it's not the case.

That said, it is important that we let our elected representatives know that we will not stand for any changes to TPC §30.06.

Chas.

Of course, they could just do away with the 30.06 signs and the 30.07 signs and just let LTC holders Carry! That would get rid of the ugly signs and make us happy! :anamatedbanana (show them the dancing banana too)
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Steve5115

Post by Steve5115 »

SRO1911 wrote:I would love to see 30.06/7 expanded.
The state of Texas is so primotive, it's tragic - we live in a diverse nation and an even more diverse state. We have fine people arriving from all the world who are here legally and with good intentions, yet our legislators have deliberately placed the great people in jeopardy thru willful omission.
English and Spanish are great, but as our great leader in Washington has pointed out - we need diversity, we can not exclude or marginalize anyone - regardless of their status.
30.06/7 need to be in at least French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, farsi, braille, ascii, Hindu, Gaelic, high elvish, binary, Vietnamese, Norwegian, afrikaans, Choctaw, Greek, sumarian, hipster, Polynesian, c++, Sioux, Lebanese, Mandarin, etc.
1 inch contrasting colors except braille which mush be in temperature highlighted text.
:iagree:

KLB
Posts in topic: 16

Post by KLB »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:The TAB is not in full support and it isn't a major sore spot with the business community. Andrea Bauer wants everyone to believe this, but it's not the case.
Good. That the 30.06 and 30.07 signs are obnoxious works well for us. If people could get away with gun buster signs, I fear we'd see a lot more restricted businesses.

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

The state of Texas is so primotive, it's tragic - we live in a diverse nation and an even more diverse state. We have fine people arriving from all the world who are here legally and with good intentions, yet our legislators have deliberately placed the great people in jeopardy thru willful omission.
English and Spanish are great, but as our great leader in Washington has pointed out - we need diversity, we can not exclude or marginalize anyone - regardless of their status.
30.06/7 need to be in at least French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, farsi, braille, ascii, Hindu, Gaelic, high elvish, binary, Vietnamese, Norwegian, afrikaans, Choctaw, Greek, sumarian, hipster, Polynesian, c++, Sioux, Lebanese, Mandarin, etc.
1 inch contrasting colors except braille which mush be in temperature highlighted text.
Klingon...you forgot Klingon.
NRA lifetime member

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

KC5AV wrote:
Klingon...you forgot Klingon.
Well then, you can't leave out Vulcan. We must be all inclusive, you know. After all, it's only logical.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: We've known about this since last session. In fact, I've been letting people know for a good while. The TAB is not in full support and it isn't a major sore spot with the business community. Andrea Bauer wants everyone to believe this, but it's not the case.
I certainly hope you're right. I've heard otherwise, but as you know, sometimes it's hard to sort it all out. This TAB memo excerpt from 2015 still doesn't look too gun-friendly, especially per the 2nd paragraph:
tabsign.JPG
-Ruark

george72

Post by george72 »

Remove 51÷. Example, a fair or event comes to town, fences off the city park for the weekend , one vendor inside sells booze, whole park marked 51÷. I dont drink why cant i go?

Return to “2017 Legislative Wish List”