Machineguns in Australia

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Machineguns in Australia

Post by The Annoyed Man »

AndyC wrote:
A highly sophisticated weapons production facility using 3D printers and computers to make machine guns has been uncovered in a series of raids across the Gold Coast.

Police say they found four homemade automatic submachine guns, silencers, ammunition, a replica handgun, a .45 calibre pistol and equipment used to make weapons at two Nerang businesses, as well as a pill press. The equipment used to make the weapons included computers, a 3D printer, drill presses and other gun parts and is believed to be the most sophisticated of its kind found in Queensland.

“The weapons seized are yet to be tested, however, weapons of this type have the capacity to fire hundreds of rounds of ammunition a minute,” Det Supt Jon Wacker said. “In the wrong hands they present as a significant threat to the public.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... chine-guns
This is just one reason why gov'ts try to suppress information on the internet. If Hillary had been elected, we might have been looking at ATF registration of 3D printers and CNC machines.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TreyHouston »

Two things:
1) what's the point of emptying your magazine and a half a second, that seems kind of stupid to me.

2) i'm also talking about the first video. I like the part at the end where the police chief said anyone pointing a gun at a police officer will be killed. Why can't we have that same mentality in America? :thumbs2:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

The real question is what good is a pistol caliber machine gun (aka submachine gun)? I got a MAC10/9 that empties a 25 rd mag in 1.25 seconds. If it worked for the bad guys in Scarface i figured it would be good for the zombie apocalypse too... :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

In Australia, do bullets spin the other direction? :biggrinjester:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

...and I don't care how they do...anything in Australia.

I like the people, good folk, but their confiscated stupid gun ideas blow...

OK, mate, I hate you: Therefor since I can't shoot you, I'll instead stab, slash, run over you with my car, set your house on fire while I assume you're asleep, or being being the large bloke I am and you with no martial arts training, I'll simply pound you out of life, etc.

Guns are the victims.

Killer mindset is what's at fault...

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I once purchased a book off of Amazon on how to manufacture a 9mm SMG in your home. It is totally workable. The only thing lacking is rifling in the barrel, so accuracy/range would be limited. But it would be plenty accurate enough to clear a house with it, or something like that. If I can buy it, so can Australians...so none of this is surprising. It’s a lot harder to suppress knowledge than firearms (pun intended).

NOTE: I have no intention of ever building such a device. I just wanted to see if it was true or not that it could be done by a person of average intelligence without access to a machine shop. The answer: totally true.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”