Alice says...

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

allisji
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Alice says...

Post by allisji »

ELB wrote:
allisji wrote:
ELB wrote:Since that one she's tweeted about three more times on suppressors. Wonder if Wednesday's bill removes suppressors from regulation by the State of Texas entirely?

Seems a bit early to file the bill on removing all restrictions on licensed carry
I don't see how that would be possible when it's not the state of Texas that is regulating suppressors.
Texas does indeed regulate suppressors - they are Prohibited Weapons in PC 46.

As Prohibited Weapons, silencers (and SBRs and machine guns) are illegal to have unless registered in the "National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record" or listed as a curio or relic by the DOJ.

If the Texas Leg does not change the state law, and the US Congress removes silencers from regulation by the NFA followed by President Trump signing or allowing it into law( :anamatedbanana ), then there would be no way for a Texan to legally own a silencer/suppressor.
Ah, I stand corrected. Thank you for the explanation
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 7

Post by ELB »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
ELB wrote:

If you don't know who Alice is, you have some homework to do...
If you don't take the time to put your tweet links between tags, not only will the tweet not display for some mobile browsers, but the link itself isn't clickable either. Here, I fixed it for you: https://twitter.com/agtripp/status/803428618126954496.

(I had to "quote" your post to gain access to the link.)
didn't know that. Actually at first I had quoted her text and just put in the link for people to click, but when I previewed it the actual tweet came up, so just went with that.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

locke_n_load wrote:But I really hope she is advocating removing restricted areas, as reducing/eliminating the fees is chump change compared to restricted areas. And hopefully some day we get unlicensed carry, so then fees are a moot point anyway.
I'm sure the advocates that, but Charles Cotton noted earlier this year you don't necessarily want to put your "controversial" bills out there early for the opposition to pick apart and use to drum up support. I don't expect to see that bill until the Leg actually convenes.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

locke_n_load wrote: ETA: dang it ELB...
:mrgreen:
USAF 1982-2005

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Its Wednesday...
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

If I had to guess... they were waiting for the SB273 spot to become available. This way they can file SB273 (85) as a follow-on to SB273 (84). We'll see though.

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

jason812 wrote:Its Wednesday...
I'm watching her twitter feed when I can, I'm sure she'll announce whatever bill it is.
USAF 1982-2005

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RHenriksen »

Alice just posted about the filing of SB 16, but no link. On my phone, going to try to pull it up
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Well, the txlege website only lets me search the 2015 session, not 2017. Any help?

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Oh - post by Alice says SB 16 is about eliminating the LTC fees. I thought that had already been filed?

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 3

Post by locke_n_load »

Hopefully she pushes for an off-limits bill way harder than the elimination of fees...
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by NotRPB »

RHenriksen wrote:Well, the txlege website only lets me search the 2015 session, not 2017. Any help?
I think it defaults to 84(R) 2015, but there's a "drop down box" and you can get 85(R) 2017
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/
Yep, you must click the drop down box first before searching

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

RHenriksen wrote:Oh - post by Alice says SB 16 is about eliminating the LTC fees. I thought that had already been filed?
It was, HB 339.

Haven't compared the texts yet, but SB 16 is a reserved bill number designated as a priority for Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick. Hopefully that means it will get some good movement.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

mr1337 wrote:
RHenriksen wrote:Oh - post by Alice says SB 16 is about eliminating the LTC fees. I thought that had already been filed?
It was, HB 339.

Haven't compared the texts yet, but SB 16 is a reserved bill number designated as a priority for Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick. Hopefully that means it will get some good movement.
Actually looks like it's the companion HB 339, so it should be identical.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

mr1337 wrote:
It was, HB 339.

SB 16 As filed today. Nothing else gun related yet today, but this is a pretty big one. Expanding the ranks of LTC holders in the State of Texas will increase clout. Eliminating the fees for the LTC itself makes it much easier to exercise this Constitutional guarantee.

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”