Bills legalizing knuckle possession?

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Bills legalizing knuckle possession?

Post by locke_n_load »

ScottDLS wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:
RossA wrote:Where did the idea come from that you can carry a sword if you have your gun with a LTC?
Texas penal code 46.02 is the part that states that carrying an "illegal knife" (includes knives over 5.5", swords, etc.) is illegal.
Section 46.15 (b)(6) states that 46.02 is not applicable to a license holder carrying their handgun.
ETA: there is a documented case of not beating the ride on this though.
But did they beat the "rap"? :smilelol5:
Actually yes. Case was dropped, but only after he spent around $5,000 on attorney fees.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

bblhd672 wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:
RossA wrote:Where did the idea come from that you can carry a sword if you have your gun with a LTC?
Texas penal code 46.02 is the part that states that carrying an "illegal knife" (includes knives over 5.5", swords, etc.) is illegal.
Section 46.15 (b)(6) states that 46.02 is not applicable to a license holder carrying their handgun.
So I can carry 9 handguns...but no swords? I guess battleaxes are out too. :biggrinjester:
If you are carrying your 9 handguns with your LTC in public, you could technically carry a sword. Battleaxes would probably fall under that category as well. But again, a lot of cops might now be knowledgeable on that information, so I personally would not try it.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by steveincowtown »

locke_n_load wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:
Actually yes. Case was dropped, but only after he spent around $5,000 on attorney fees.
What city/county?
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

steveincowtown wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:
What city/county?
At the capitol actually.
https://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/pol ... arges.html
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

These issues may be important to others, but my thoughts are, I'm too old to get out and mix it up in a fist fight, I have no desire to learn to use a sword as a defensive weapon, and so the push to legalize these items, no matter how ridiculous the original intent for their prohibition, is not a major concern for me.
I agree that if you are legally able to carry a gun, outlawing these other things seems silly, but I am not going to push my representatives to waste a lot of time to remove the prohibitions.
If I have to use deadly force, I have trained and practiced with my handgun, and shotgun, I am working on my AR training, I have no desire to train with other implements of destruction. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

Jusme wrote: I am working on my AR training, I have no desire to train with other implements of destruction. JMHO
So, we're not going to get together for 155mm howitzer training now? :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ELB »

locke_n_load wrote:
locke_n_load wrote: ETA: there is a documented case of not beating the ride on this though.
ETA: Nevermind, I didn't realize there were two pages to this thread. Also, I was thinking you meant "conviction" but I realize now you really meant arrest. Yes I remember that one.
USAF 1982-2005

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

bblhd672 wrote:
Jusme wrote: I am working on my AR training, I have no desire to train with other implements of destruction. JMHO
So, we're not going to get together for 155mm howitzer training now? :biggrinjester:

I have enough arguments with Mrs. Jusme over the cost of 9 mm, 12 gauge , and 223 , I'm not brave enough to add 155 howitzer ammo to the list. Plus she may have brass knuckles I don't know about.

:leaving
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Salty1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Salty1 »

Maybe somebody can explain that rationale behind wanting these to be legal to carry because I cannot think of a single instance where they would be beneficial to law abiding citizens. It seems to me that the use of these alone would constitute deadly force. I can see itnow, if they are legalized then they will be used in the thugs knockout "games". No thanks.......
Salty1

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I haven't seen any widespread interest in getting these things legalized and I do not believe it worth any political capital or energy to do so.
Last edited by mojo84 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Salty1 wrote:Maybe somebody can explain that rationale behind wanting these to be legal to carry because I cannot think of a single instance where they would be beneficial to law abiding citizens. It seems to me that the use of these alone would constitute deadly force. I can see itnow, if they are legalized then they will be used in the thugs knockout "games". No thanks.......
IMHO the threshold is whether there a compelling reason to infringe upon the ownership and carrying of these particular types of weapons? I can't think of a good enough reason for an infringement. That is the only rationale that is needed for allowing them.

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rotor »

Salty1 wrote:Maybe somebody can explain that rationale behind wanting these to be legal to carry because I cannot think of a single instance where they would be beneficial to law abiding citizens. It seems to me that the use of these alone would constitute deadly force. I can see itnow, if they are legalized then they will be used in the thugs knockout "games". No thanks.......
How about in a gun free zone? I don't particularly have a use for brass knuckles but perhaps a baton or some other defensive device vs hiding under a desk.

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

bblhd672 wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:
So I can carry 9 handguns...but no swords? I guess battleaxes are out too. :biggrinjester:
Why would you want to carry my wife around? :lol:

Hope she doesn't see this or I'll be getting the ax. lol

JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

So they should outlaw AR15's then so crazies won't walk into schools and nightclubs too?

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

mojo84 wrote:I haven't seen any widespread interest in getting these things legalized and I do not believe it worth any political capital or energy to do so.
Maybe LEOs could just read the law, and then enforce it as written. Not sure we need new laws to clarify what is written in a law already on the books.

I carry as ASP daily while walking my dog (while carrying a handgun under my LTC).

Due to the nature of the area I live in we are not only a frequent dumping ground for unwanted pets, we back up to a fairly wild area of green belt. I much rather have the choice to wack a threatening stray dog with my ASP then to have to use my sidearm.

I am beside myself that someone had to spend $5,000 to not get charged.

We need "loser pays" in Texas.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”