Sub2k Sub2000 folding concealed rifle

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 25

Re: Sub2k Sub2000 folding concealed rifle

Post by The Annoyed Man »

bblhd672 wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:Also it's much easier to just become a reserve LEO and then 06/07 signs won't apply to you. I wouldn't go as far as carrying a concealed rifle in a briefcase unless I was Jason Bourne. It's comical really.
It's comical until a deranged person walks into a location where concealed and open carry of a handgun is prohibited. I'm sure that people who have been in those situations do not find the humor in it. Former Texas state Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp who was in the Luby's in Killeen in 1991 probably would disagree with your "comical" assessment.
Nightmare, I assure you that this old man is not trying to "play James Bond". I have NO illusions about being some kind of hero with a gun. What I am is unwilling to place my own safety in the hands of someone who has no plan to offset what they've done by disarming me. You're a cop. What are the average response times in your jurisdiction? I totally understand that, in an active shooter situation, I will not be able to get a folded carbine out of a briefcase and deployed anywhere near as fast as I can my handgun - assuming I'm allowed to have my handgun on me in that location - but I'm fairly certain that I can deploy the carbine before you or your brother officers show up in response to that same active shooter situation about 99.99% of the time.

I also realize that the protocol (for me) with any gun I have with me, is to put the gun away when I can hear the sirens nearby or see LEOs rolling up. I don't want to be taken for the active shooter. But neither do I want to be defenseless before first responders can arrive to secure the situation. FWIW, I'm NOT, for the most part, carrying the carbine with, because I usually have a handgun instead. For me, the carbine-in-a-case exists so that I can enter a Mall to shop when it is posted; or to enter a business that I have to be at, when it is posted, and I cannot carry my pistol inside.

It's condescending when, from your position as an LEO where you can carry your sidearm everywhere you go, into places that WE are barred from carrying, and then you call it "comical" and denigrate others as wannabe James Bonds because we are trying to figure out a way to remain armed, while still complying with the law. It smells of the "us versus them" attitude that some LEO have toward perfectly decent citizens who have done nothing wrong and violated no laws......and in fact, pay their salaries. Frankly, now that you can carry anywhere you want to, it comes way too easy to say stuff like that, and it comes off as arrogant.

In my previous post in this thread, I wrote that I was making the assumption that most cops are rational. For instance, I've had nothing but good encounters with LEOs here in Grapevine, who've treated me exactly as one ought to treat a good citizen. None of them have betrayed a lick of condescension yet. My advice to you is, don't be THAT guy. You haven't been LEO that long yet. It wasn't that long ago that you were just one of us. Don't forget where you came from.

Cynicism is fine. The job demands a certain amount of it if you want to be an effective cop. But disrespecting your fellow citizens is never good.....not even disrespecting people you have to lock up. Unless someone is breaking the law, you've no call to invalidate their reasons for wanting to be armed in a lawful manner.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

And if it says "no weapons" make sure you enter naked, since anything you carry or wear could conceivably be used as a weapon. After all, we must avoid "The Ride" at all costs!!!!!!!

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 4

Post by nightmare69 »

Imageimage url upload

I'm reminded of the above toy hearing of a brief case gun. Yes it comical to me and it makes you happy carrying it then more power to you. Just be aware the police may let you take a ride and let the courts sort it all out of you are caught. Carrying a gun in that manner isn't common so it's hard to say what may or may not happen when dealing with the police.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 12

Post by bblhd672 »

nightmare69 wrote:Yes it comical to me and it makes you happy carrying it then more power to you. Just be aware the police may let you take a ride and let the courts sort it all out of you are caught. Carrying a gun in that manner isn't common so it's hard to say what may or may not happen when dealing with the police.
So would YOU arrest someone like TAM under the conditions of his scenario?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jusme
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Jusme »

nightmare69 wrote:Imageimage url upload

I'm reminded of the above toy hearing of a brief case gun. Yes it comical to me and it makes you happy carrying it then more power to you. Just be aware the police may let you take a ride and let the courts sort it all out of you are caught. Carrying a gun in that manner isn't common so it's hard to say what may or may not happen when dealing with the police.

I'm curious as to the charge you would use arrest someone for carrying a folding carbine?

There is no law against carrying a firearm in an "uncommon manner". It is not a prohibited weapon, under NSFA, in a briefcase or backpack would definitely not fall under "in a manner intended to threaten or intimidate", as a carbine rifle, it would not come close to qualifying as a handgun.
I doubt many LEO would simply put someone in jail, and not have a charge to apply before arraignment. That is called false arrest and would be much more of an issue for the LEO than the arrestee.
All of my arrest reports, required a charge to be entered on the form, before it was accepted at the county jail. But if that is the way you mete out criminal justice in your jurisdiction, I don't see a long future for you in law enforcement.
Perhaps you work near Abraham, and that is why he believes that is common practice. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

nightmare69 wrote:Imageimage url upload

So in other words, police are in serious need of training because there is a real risk that a random LEO we encounter may be ignorant of the law, and ignorant of the fact that an action is generally legal unless there is a law that prohibits it. That's just sad.

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

bblhd672 wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:Yes it comical to me and it makes you happy carrying it then more power to you. Just be aware the police may let you take a ride and let the courts sort it all out of you are caught. Carrying a gun in that manner isn't common so it's hard to say what may or may not happen when dealing with the police.
I would counter his brief case gun with either my pen grenade or watch laser.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

goose

Post by goose »

nightmare69 wrote:Yes it comical to me and it makes you happy carrying it then more power to you.
I want to take a different tack. When is carrying self protection not comical to you?
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 12

Post by bblhd672 »

nightmare69 wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
I would counter his brief case gun with either my pen grenade or watch laser.
:banghead:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

G26ster
Posts in topic: 3

Post by G26ster »

nightmare69 wrote:Just be aware the police may let you take a ride and let the courts sort it all out of you are caught.
I've heard this statement numerous times, and it seems to be a very cavalier attitude.

rotor
Posts in topic: 11

Post by rotor »

NotRPB wrote:
twomillenium wrote:What if, what if, what if.
If I must go somewhere that is 30.06 posted. I grab my handy hardwood cane, which I occasionally do need. With some Hipkido training and a lot of practice, at least I do not feel completely unarmed. It also helps you get through the airport, because I do not fly somewhere without my cane.

Not a cure, but definitely an option.
:iagree:
I too carry my hardwood cane, but but what if we take a ride for carrying a cane past a 30.06 sign???
Oh wait
30.06 applies to Handguns
and only to handguns carried under authority of a License to Carry

I have no license to carry my cane ... and it's not prohibited by law to carry without a license.... guess i won't worry about carrying that which is not illegal.
I seem to recall a Federal Law about Police araesting someone for something which i not illegal is a viloation of their cibil rights and the arrest cannot be made in good faith for that which is not illegal
:thumbs2:
You guys with your illegal clubs. Stick with the folded rifle.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

When I go into the secure area of the airport, or the school to pick-up grandchildren or the election booth or the etc...... My cane is perfectly legal and the folded rifle is not.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Abraham wrote:Thinking about the "rifle/30.06 loophole" I also wonder what would happen if you had to defend yourself against a criminal/terrorist say in a hospital.

If you have to shoot in self defense are you going to be prosecuted for using a firearm in a 30.06 location?
You used a rifle, right, I get it, but they posted 30.06 to keep firearms at bay. Now, I can see some overzealous anti-gun prosecutor going for the jugular.

Unlikely?

Hhhhmmmmm, maybe or not...
I have often wondered the same.... however, I would only DRAW if my life or others were in danger. Not for something stupid like a robbery, but an active shooter. Then I came to the conclusion that it is better to have a "fine" than be dead!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bitter Clinger »

This entire discussion simply serves to point out the absolute total absurdity of "gun free zones" and 30.06

I think that one thing we can all agree on is that if a law turns a law abiding citizen into a criminal, or even ends up jamming him or her up in any way, then it is just simply bad legislation. Clearly Constitutional carry, nationwide, is the only answer.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Man from Nantucket
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Man from Nantucket »

goose wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:Yes it comical to me and it makes you happy carrying it then more power to you.
I want to take a different tack. When is carrying self protection not comical to you?
Probably when it's him or one of his coworkers instead of one of us peasants who are carrying a folding rifle only because JBT are infringing our right to carry a handgun.

Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”